• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:06:16 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Red Mage.

Started by SylverHeart, November 24, 2009, 05:16:10 pm

SylverHeart

November 24, 2009, 05:16:10 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SylverHeart
I want to add a red mage job class to tactics, but I don't know how to hack in a new job class. I want it to be able to change jobs like a hired party member, not a guest. I have it for psp. Would anyone know how to do this?

Orlandu

November 24, 2009, 11:49:06 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Orlandu
http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4124

first thing first... download the FFTpatcher

http://ffhacktics.com/downloads.php

tinker with it for a while, you should be able to modify a job easily.. as long as you're not asking to add new job the the job wheel...

SylverHeart

November 25, 2009, 03:06:35 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SylverHeart
I want to add a job to the job wheel.

SylverHeart

November 25, 2009, 03:08:11 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SylverHeart
Never mind, I'll tinker with a class I don't like. Like the geomancer.

Jon

November 29, 2009, 06:47:56 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jon
This is actually simple, what you need is: the FFTacttext, Shishi Sprite Editor and FFTpatcher. First, change in the FFTactext the name and description of one of the generic jobs you dont like to Red Mage, like change Geomancer for example. This can be done in seconds or a few minutes using the Quick Edit pull down tool bar. Change also the Geomancers main ability set name and description to Red Magic and the description can read something like "Red Mage job command. Uses magic of the Black and White Mage" or whatever you want. Next, save all this and apply this to your psx iso or psp iso. After this, you will need to replace the icon of Geomancer, both male and female and dont forget all of the different variations of Geomancer, I mean the different colors they come in. Change it to a Red Mage sprite. (Hopefully you have a custom one from somewhere, maybe from here on FFhacktics.com?) If you have trouble with the spriting business, check out some sprite guides on here. Lastly, change in FFTpatcher the Geomancers stats, weapon and armor equips, ect, ect to whatever you want. Then change the Geomancers abilities to Black and White magics. What is sorta funny is is that if you learn certain black and white magic through White or Black Mage, it will already be learned when you unlock the Red Mage. Speaking of which, change the Geomancers job unlock from Lv.3 Monk to something that makes more sense, like Lv.4 Black and White Mage or something. I hope this has helped you ;)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Wasabi

November 29, 2009, 06:09:12 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Wasabi
Be sure that the job's skillset in the Action Menu is set at "Default." Otherwise, change it so that the new abilities you put in the skillset works correctly.

And better yet, follow this topic. It will be added assistance in helping you on your road to developing all of the common custom jobs that have been, or are currently, in discussion within this website.

Jon

November 30, 2009, 03:51:39 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jon
Wasabi is totally right, his link (topic in red) explains many different ideas for the Blue Mage, you should check it out. I like the Samurai katana thing haha.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!