• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:27:53 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Old] FFT: Plus Chat/discussion topic

Started by Dome, July 29, 2011, 07:26:52 pm

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Stretch on August 12, 2011, 11:07:16 pm
The bomb's critical quick > explosion combo, I keep units spread out and just let it happen, it usually ends the battle with a bang.

Oh yeah, that critical quick has fucked the shit out of me lots of times

Quote from: Dome on August 13, 2011, 04:26:31 am
Yeah, monsters now require strategy to be defeated, otherwise they can destroy you :-)
But they can also be VERY powerful allies if you spend some time to recruit them (I did, and a bird lashing wind skill saved my ass against Miluda 1 <3 )

Sure thing! Try recruiting an hydra, you will have your problems solved for a good time.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Dome

Well, hydras are strong, but their attacks are a bit random...

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Joseph Strife

Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"

Stretch

Just fought Velius, it was a very easy battle. He opened with Lich, and the demons started blasting some spells, and it was tense... then the demons fell, and all he did for the rest of the battle was raise them, and they were put down again right away. His only damage output was an occasional damage split. All I had to do was keep HP above 50% and he went down without issue. Any ideas on how to make him a bit more powerful?
Yeah, right

Dome

August 14, 2011, 05:51:38 pm #24 Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 05:52:26 pm by Dome
I may have to create a custom skill for him that raises ALL his demons...or just make them undead and make them immune to cristal/treasure

Joseph Strife

Yeah, making them undeade sounds better, that skill would make him strog as HELL!

Stretch

Making them undead sounds like a great idea, that way Velius can lay on the magic smackdown like I always remember him doing, and the demons stick around to keep causing trouble. What other skills was he supposed to be showing me?
Yeah, right

Dome

Not much, just the usual Zodiac status spells
His main perk is his Lich, which always remove 50% of your hp

Stretch

August 15, 2011, 01:06:25 am #28 Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 03:53:58 pm by Dome
Probably has to do with petrify and/or stop, judging from the previous battle trophies. Is Lich 50% current or max hp?

P.s:  I'm still making my way through the story maps. I love you for making late bows awesome, and putting a ton of them in Bethla North.
Yeah, right

Dome

49% not 50%, sorry
TBH, I don't remember xD

P.s: Yeah, if you like archers, north is the way to go...but you'll miss awesome stuff from the south wall

Stretch

Accidentally overwrote my pre-battle quicksave at Germinas Peak, now I'm stuck in an unwinnable situation. Had a brain fart and pressed save instead of load when things started going downhill. Bummer! Starting over :(

I did like how hard the battle was, though. It finally feels like the game is biting back, it's not pulling any punches.
Yeah, right

Dome

August 15, 2011, 05:40:49 pm #31 Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 05:42:06 pm by Dome
Quote from: Stretch on August 15, 2011, 05:33:32 pm
Accidentally overwrote my pre-battle quicksave at Germinas Peak, now I'm stuck in an unwinnable situation. Had a brain fart and pressed save instead of load when things started going downhill. Bummer! Starting over :(

I did like how hard the battle was, though. It finally feels like the game is biting back, it's not pulling any punches.

That's why I always keep a back-up file and I always try to use memory card-save instead of quick saves
Anyway...are you sure is un.winnable? can you tell us your situation? Maybe abusing save-states you can win..

P.s: Ch4 is where the game starts to show you what it can do to kick your ass...

Stretch

This is like one time when I was playing a King's Quest game, I had a save that resulted in a minotaur ripping me apart 2 seconds after loading. I took a scouting party into the map, my thief and my poacher, and was going to retry once I learned my poacher wasn't needed and I could probably use someone who could heal better than Revive and Wish... after a flarega and ninjas destroyed the first team, the samurai took out the only unit on the other side that could rez, leaving me with an archer.
Yeah, right

Dome

Sounds like you are fucked :-(
Are you sure you have no backup save?

Stretch

The only other save I had was at Ramza saying "Why?" at Orbonne, so I can savestate scum for good compatibility. At least I don't have to redo the intro battle, and now I can focus on making only one generic great, and have the rest learn skills for specials to learn when they eat their crystal.

Don't worry, I'm still going to have fun playing this :D
Yeah, right

Dome

Stretch, you know that if you recruit EVERY special you don't have any left space for generics at the end of the game?
Unless...you are the one who booted one of the two onion knights, right? xD

Stretch

Well I was thinking of booting Boco, he's useful but can't equip anything. And it's not until the very end that I have access to Byblos.
Yeah, right

Dome

Stretch

Let's just say he broke a leg and was turned into glue and steaks.
Yeah, right

Dome

Quote from: Stretch on August 16, 2011, 04:42:34 am
Let's just say he broke a leg and was turned into glue and steaks.

YOU DOUBLE MONSTER!