• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

EVTCHR.BIN

Started by Xifanie, January 20, 2008, 01:53:48 pm

Xifanie

January 20, 2008, 01:53:48 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
If you wanna take a look...

I can't do much with the palette, I just used palette 0 of a generic Male knight. It still gives a good idea which character is who and what's the sprite.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Cheetah

January 20, 2008, 02:33:27 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Okay so I'm stupid and can't figure out how to download this, help :(. Can you do this with faceevt.bin as well? Thank you very much, the more sprites I have the better the stuff I can create with it.
Current Projects:

Zozma

January 20, 2008, 04:19:43 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
its easy, just export the palette of whoever the character is, open this file in fftsprite and import that palette. but what do i do to get these files out myself? and then put them back in?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Xifanie

January 20, 2008, 04:26:00 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Right click, Save.

Almost all faces are in the image gallery.

I could rip EVTFACE.BIN.

I'll look forward to it, plus that would give me a 100% complete image gallery
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Kyari

January 20, 2008, 06:13:34 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kyari
It's a nightmare to get every palette configured for each set of sprites though.

Cheetah

January 20, 2008, 07:14:54 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
My computer was being stupid and not showing the link, I have the gif now though. There is such great stuff in here, I am super giddy. Could easily make a working Aries sprite from this. Not to mention some other interesting characters. What scene is the buff barechested guy from anyways?
Current Projects:

Zozma

January 21, 2008, 12:13:16 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i have an idea for creating aeris tho...
the dancer body with a similar shade of pink like lede's dress put aeris head there, add the red jacket and there ya go.. u get the ff7 version lol... plus you have parts of the dancer body left over as template to add in the rest of the frames. just an idea...

Cheetah

January 21, 2008, 12:55:57 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Quote from: "Zozma"i have an idea for creating aeris tho...
the dancer body with a similar shade of pink like lede's dress put aeris head there, add the red jacket and there ya go.. u get the ff7 version lol... plus you have parts of the dancer body left over as template to add in the rest of the frames. just an idea...

In all reality your idea might be even easier to implement. Figuring out how to do Aeris' arms in that big dress would be tough, not to mention the flower basket. What would really interest me is making a working sprite of Mustadio's father, cane and all. I'm still waiting on progress with the attack animations regardless though.
Current Projects:

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

January 21, 2008, 10:21:33 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
Zodiac, does this imply that we are getting closer to editing/creating events?

Zozma, I had thought about making more FFVII sprites (or at least updating Cloud a bit).  I won't be getting on that anytime soon as I have my plate full with Karsten sprite and bp's Kanbabrif stuff.  I'd love to see what you come up with in the mean time though.

Xifanie

January 21, 2008, 04:16:09 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Quote from: "Kuraudo Sutoraifu"Zodiac, does this imply that we are getting closer to editing/creating events?

Been a while that I can edit events...

VincentCraven currently wants to add mounted knights to some story battles.

Zozma

March 15, 2008, 08:23:22 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
this event chr thing.... theres one also for all of the characters forward direction in the menu.... has anyone found that one yet? being able to edit that one will make th game alot less tacky when it comes to all the  newly customized sprites

Xifanie

March 15, 2008, 09:26:13 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
UNIT.BIN whoever the only ones unused (during the course of a normal game) are the priests ones (2/3 never seen priests + Simon).

Zozma

March 15, 2008, 10:02:56 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
so there is no way to expand this? another question (perhaps you have a bmp image of this?) anyway since there are two sets of some characters sprites in game,example rafa has two, does this apply to the unit.bin as well? if i write over one of rafa's sprites do i have 2 rafa "unit" images to work with as well or does it read from the same single one?

Xifanie

March 15, 2008, 11:09:46 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Nah, I don't have a picture of it.

There are no dupes, no free space, and only the unused ones I mentioned.
And there is no place at all to add a monster (they take more space than humans).

I wasn't able to figure out how they are linked...Would have been nice since those priests files are rather small.

Zozma

March 16, 2008, 03:15:39 am #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
at the least there is one thing that can be done, teta seems to have her own even tho it doesnt currently match, but perhaps there will someday  be a way to make it link to the right sprite... unfortunately teta's sprite is too small to support attack animations :( but iis it the same for the portraits? no free space?

Vanya

April 23, 2008, 06:30:38 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Sorry if this has already been asked, but how did you rip EVTCHR.bin completely?
¯\(°_0)/¯

GeneralStrife

May 23, 2009, 10:35:28 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by GeneralStrife
I assume this is the reason why my replaced important character sprites turn into a weird original sprite with horribly f$@$ed up colors whenever they do a custom move?

Vanya

May 24, 2009, 01:37:40 am #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Correct, Ser.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Paheej

So how do we change the EVTCHR.BIN file?  I have a custom Ramza sprite but I don't understand how to edit the exported BMPs.  All I want to do is replace the Ch4 Ramza with a new one.  If you are only recoloring sprites they end up fine.

Nashidaran

EVTCHR.BIN editor:
viewtopic.php?t=1335&start=0

It's in japanese, but the controls are straightforward.
The top buttons open EVTCHR.BIN and BATTLE.BIN (you must open both).
- The drop-down menu below these changes the sprite set being viewed.
The bottom left button saves EVTCHR.BIN.
The bottom right buttons:
- (top) import .bmp
- (bottom) export .bmp

The drop-down menu below the sprite display changes the palette for the display.
Not sure what the window on the right or it's menu are for.

Based on the post with the editor, it seems that the palette is automatically loaded from the character's main sprite. You still need to add your own palette to the exported evtchr frame before drawing/pasting your new sprite in order for it to show up properly in-game. Unfortunately, the exported bmp defaults to a specific palette which seems to ruin every colour that doesn't have a close match in it. Not sure if the colours will stay gibbled if you resave it like that, but I imagine they will, which means that most or all of the sprites in from other characters in the frame will be messed up unless you recopy each and every palette and sprite for every frame you work with--and only then can you import your own custom palette and sprite. *sighs* Hopefully there's a simple fix for this behaviour (One of those palette programs?), but I haven't a clue.