• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:21:30 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Jot5 Wikia is up

Started by brittmarv, April 27, 2013, 02:05:01 pm

brittmarv

April 27, 2013, 02:05:01 pm Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 05:13:15 pm by brittmarv
Warning: by nature, Wikis are intended to be full of spoilers!

jot5.wikia.com

Anyone may contribute!

3lric

Lol, I did not expect this. Hopefully some people will pitch in and add some stuff in.
  • Modding version: PSX

brittmarv

I am sure they will.

Right now I am trying to make it more eye catching - If anyone has any custom background they think would spice things up, that would help.

Elric, is there anything you would prefer _not_ be public knowledge in the wiki?

RavenOfRazgriz

April 27, 2013, 02:38:41 pm #3 Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 02:48:19 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
It's a wiki, as long as the spoilers are labeled there shouldn't be an issue.  We've always said we have no intent of making anything like a Walkthrough, Master Guide, etc. etc. but wouldn't stop anyone else from making the same kinds of things.  Just don't expect us to help. :v

EDIT:

Well, I GUESS I can provide some images like the Title Screen or World Map for the Wiki since you can easily obtain those anyway, so you can get things looking nicer.  Just not helping with any documentation.  Half the fun is seeing how other people document it after all. :v

brittmarv

No problem. Thanks for making such wiki-worthy content guys!

3lric

Pretty much what Raven said. We won't make a walkthrough or much like that, but others are welcome to. After all this IS a fangame, and made for fans.

As for Background there is this:

and this:

Choose whichever you like for different parts of the wiki.

RavenOfRazgriz

Here's some other stuff you mind find useful:

SCEAP, Title Screen, World Map.  These are all very easily obtained from the ISO if you have any clue what you're doing so I don't feel bad posting them up here.

brittmarv

I think it looks pretty sweet now. I darkened the bottom of the background Elric sent to make it fade into black more smoothly, and then I inverted the "Journey of the Five" text in the logo decal. I had to remove "final fantasy tactics" from the image because at the low resolution required for a logo by wikia, it became illegibly blurry.

Thanks for upping those iso images. I am new to Wikia so I haven't got into selecting multiple page layouts yet but I'm sure that more advanced users could work wonders with any media available!

3lric

nice, I just saw, though you should remove that default flower picture :P

But like we said, People are free to make walkthroughs and post videos and such. Our whole thing was, you don't often see
the team that made a game being the ones who also put out a walkthrough or strat guide for it. The fans do that, and it should
be no different here. IF fans want to write walkthroughs they should do so. It'll probably help other fans in a way that we won't do.

Besides it would be fun to read some of the walkthroughs and see what was and wasn't missed.

One more thing, I will likely be doing some editing to the wiki tonight, but since I myself am a bit behind the times, I just
want to verify that I only need to make a Wiki account and I can then edit this right?

brittmarv

Yes you should be able to edit freely after making an account.

I am learning wiki language from scratch but it helped to rip some source code from the actual FFT wiki to learn how to make charts. :)

I'm actually shocked by the ease and functionality of the Wikia page editor. We have come a long way since Aol 4.0 and Angelfire/Geocities pages. lol

Edit: What flower picture? I am not seeing one for some reason

3lric

If you click on the pictures Tab, there is one that says default, and its a flower.

And yeah the first site I ever made was on Angelfire, and then when I was in a band
we had our site on Geocities. Both were a pain in the ass.

brittmarv

Thanks. Got rid of that pesky flower once and for all.

Hey Raven, are those area pictures on the world map exclusive to JoT5? I can't seem to remember them being on the original map for some reason.

3lric

Correct, Taichii and Mitchi edited the worldmap for us. Nearly everything in Jot5 is redone.

MiKeMiTchi

Can you add people as admins as well on Wikia? I think I can help with various layouts (like editing the bg\logo). ;)
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

brittmarv

April 28, 2013, 09:15:17 am #16 Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 09:29:10 am by brittmarv
Quote from: MiKeMiTchi on April 28, 2013, 03:46:26 am
Can you add people as admins as well on Wikia? I think I can help with various layouts (like editing the bg\logo). ;)

Send me a message on the wiki and I will upgrade you. I just need to figure out how to do it real quick but no biggie.

And thanks, can't wait to see you work your magic :)

EDIT: Figured it out. Just promoted RavenOfRazgriz

Kagebunji

Hmm, how about adding some sprites in the job descriptions? Most jobs have new sprites, or are reworked, so it would be good for people to see it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

MiKeMiTchi

The ff wikia is a great reference for this: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Tactics

We should copy how they put things there. :))
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

3lric

Some of that one looks good Mitchi, but I don't really like how the FFT Wiki have their jobs, or rather much of the home page at all XD

We atleast give people the option to click on Jobs before we should them what they are lol