• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:32:06 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Story Discussion

Started by Zozma, February 07, 2009, 01:42:42 pm

Zozma

February 09, 2009, 10:53:04 pm #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
well actually i just now made that up. the actual plan for the story was that she truly was an innocent girl, not unlike alma. unfortunately having posession of a zodiac stone (one compatible with her) slowly corrupts her.
as she travels alongside her brother and Ramza.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Llednar

February 09, 2009, 10:57:52 pm #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Llednar
I hope we get to kill teta.  I never liked her.  I thought the purple was gawdy.  :evil:

Zozma

February 09, 2009, 11:01:03 pm #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
Lol, well when you kill teta, she turns into famfrit

Llednar

February 09, 2009, 11:02:53 pm #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Llednar
Kill famfrit to, then cut of his cannon and feed it to the nearest moogle...
:evil:

Zozma

February 09, 2009, 11:04:53 pm #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
moogles are extinct :)

DarthPaul

February 09, 2009, 11:07:29 pm #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "Llednar"Kill famfrit to, then cut of his cannon and feed it to the nearest moogle...
:evil:

Yes cut off his "cannon".....*wink wink*
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Zozma

February 10, 2009, 09:45:15 pm #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
okay there we have it, This will be the guy who shoots Algus

LastingDawn

February 11, 2009, 04:04:00 pm #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Looking good, as we discussed on IRC, looks like that devious portrait really fits the character, as of yet we still don't have a name yet, any ideas?
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zozma

February 11, 2009, 04:06:07 pm #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
we should try to get something original but not too complicated either. and something perhaps that fits thepersonality of the character. then again, we could always use one of the names from the 'not so random' enemies that storm the main gate of orbonne, since i took the names out and made them random there. who knows.

Novalon

February 11, 2009, 04:31:12 pm #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Novalon
I was thinking of a proper response to the videos that were posted, after all, I thought the way Delita acted at Zeakden was peculiar.  Now, after seeing LD's suggestion, I honestly think you should go that route.

The way I viewed Tactics, I always saw Meliadoul and Izlude to be sort of a reference to Miluda and Wiegraf.  Ramza's remembering of Miluda's death caused him to act differently when it came to Izlude and Meliadoul, in fact, he let them live during the battles he encountered them in.  That Miluda doesn't die here, might cause Ramza to act differently when it comes to Meliadoul, or she and her brother have reversed places, and she holds favor as a possible Shrine Knight.

Speaking of Shrine Knights, I don't recall what you had planned for Beowulf, but making him a Shrine Knight might be awesome.  Instead of fighting Vormav, Rofel, and Kletlain, why not Beowulf, Reis, and... uh... Agrias?  I just had a thought about Agrias, really.  Perhaps the Shrine Knights could influence her in a way that she feels the Princess would be safest with their aid.

Of course, this opens the realm of new possibilities.  What if the Princess was also considered as a host for Bloody Angel?  In effect, Agrias believes she's protecting the Princess from Ramza, but in the end, sends her to her doom.  The way the final battle could play out, is you have the Princess become the host, and Alma helps as usual.  Or have Alma be the host, and the Princess help.  OR, have Altima do something like in the normal game, and somehow clone their bodies or whatever to come up with the final boss...

Oh yeah, and maybe even have someone edit the final boss to make her look even more scary/epic.  Make the final form more like a goddess with even more wings, maybe.

I'm grasping at things here, but at least I like everything else that has been mentioned so far, so I figured I'd at least throw in my own two cents.

Zozma

February 11, 2009, 04:49:16 pm #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
yeah things with the story are being hammered out over time.

Remember, the roster i have displayed tho. those are the recruitable characters. Things go a totally different way with Ovelia and Agrias.

DarthPaul

February 11, 2009, 04:53:22 pm #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
It would really help if they came out with a hack that allows for a larger roster.

I would think that some research into WoTL would turn up a way to make that hack work.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Zozma

February 11, 2009, 08:35:43 pm #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
seriously, i could really use the amount of spaces that the psp version allows... but oh well :(

DarthPaul

February 11, 2009, 09:50:20 pm #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
I shall mess around with the code and see if I can come up with anything that may help.

Zozma

February 13, 2009, 02:06:55 am #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
gotta post this here so i don't forget it. made by Lasting Dawn :D thanks dude

Ramza: "Lord Larg?! You're alive?!"

Larg: "Hmm? Is that the heretic Ramza I spot? Hah, well you have certainly grown... I had come to the Glabados church seeking Asylum to fight back against that ingrate Beoulve!"

Ramza: "There's no need for that, both of my brother's have now passed on... but how did you survive? You were said to be..."

Larg: "Dead? Yes, I was. My poor body double... do you know how difficult it is to find an exact clone of me? "

Ramza: "I see... well no one is left at the church to help you, lord Larg."

Larg: "I can see that now, very plainly... I won't ask what your gripe is with them, or why you and your troupe massacred an entire cathedral... I just ask that you protect me."

Ramza: "Protect you?! B-But...!"

Larg: "You are a heretic, you will need a man like me to get back on the countries good side. Where ever you go, I will follow. When you get your dues, then it's my turn. Where I go, you follow. Do we have a deal?"

<Lasting_Dawn> Cue end scene, have the choice to hire Larg or not.

Novalon

February 15, 2009, 07:53:28 pm #55 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Novalon
It seems Larg and Tietra share the same skillset, quite awesome if you ask me.

I just had a thought about Algus.  Could he really be dead from Zeakden's explosion?  Or... could he have survived, or possibly come back in the same way that Malak did?

Of course, if you already have your story fleshed out, go ahead and disregard that, I'm not sure exactly what you have or what you don't.

Love the scene with Larg, by the way!

Zozma

February 15, 2009, 07:58:21 pm #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
thanks, LD helped me alot with that (i have to change the "both" of my brothers thing just to dycedarg tho)

algus, i dont know if theres much room storywise to show him again. the survivor of that incident has been planned to be surprisingly enough, Golgaros.

Edit: Okay so, the Magic City Gariland battle, now that Vicks goes with you the fight will go a little differently. He will be 9 levels higher than the party, (level 10) after getting 4 turns he will leave the rest to Ramza and crew. (he should be able to kill 4 units in that time) (4 enemy units have been added to the battle anyway)

Adding him into this battle gives you a chance to
get to know this Vicks guy just a little bit. before he...

DarthPaul

February 15, 2009, 10:11:16 pm #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
UPDATE: I though I found a way to increase the size of the roster but it ended in some very screwy results so that idea was trashed and I'm now working on another one.

Zozma

February 15, 2009, 10:19:56 pm #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
I know razele tried it once but says that it still counted the other 4 members like guests... i guess were just screwed for now. youll have to give some of them the boot, or perhaps ill write a few characters out with violently tragic ends :( mwahaha

DarthPaul

February 15, 2009, 10:21:50 pm #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
I'll take a violently tragic end if it makes up for my projects failure.

Also to keep another character from taking the bullet.