• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 15, 2024, 11:55:18 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Problem with hit animation/damage display.

Started by C1REX, June 03, 2017, 09:00:25 pm

C1REX

I'm changing Knight job so it can strike magic at close range.
I try to make it Bolt at range 1. The game displays damage at the beginning when Knight strikes his sword and then again after end of bolt animation. Looks like double damage and no idea what I'm doing wrong.

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

C1REX

OK. I know the problem but don't know the solution.

I wanted to make Knight something like Holy Knights but using Bolt 3, Ice3 etc at close range only. This would replace all break skills.

If I create the custom skills by modifying Holy Knight skills then all is good - just new animation appears.
When I do the same by modifying brake weapon skill for example the damage in shown twice - once on sword hit and once after full spell animation.

I've seen similar issue on 1.3 patch as well so I'm not the only one.

I've checked animation tab and both break and holy sword skill have 07. 00. 00. I have no idea what makes them different and how to have more  new Sword skills without the problem.

Nyzer

It's not just the Animation tab. There are a lot of flags in the Abilities tab, and you're probably overlooking something.

Same thing for your topic from earlier about having units joining as guests. You've got something flagged that you shouldn't.

C1REX

June 04, 2017, 05:44:11 pm #3 Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 06:25:56 pm by C1REX
I couldn't find the problem so I edited an unnamed skill. I did the same copy/paste and it works just fine now. I may be blind but can't see what the problem was - all flags look fine.

Still learning how to use the tool.

Nyzer

I'd suggest posting screenshots of the relevant Patcher tabs if you're looking for help with stuff like this - then we can easily see if you've missed something you shouldn't have.