• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:15:51 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Troubleshooting why characters won't join ch 3 start

Started by Emmy, February 21, 2016, 07:17:01 pm

Emmy

Is there something in the ch 3 start event that is preventing characters marked as "join after event" from joining the party?  I made them all blue team, join after event, and they're visible on the screen.  Why aren't they joining?

This event:

Note the extra monsters on the screen.
  • Modding version: PSX

CONMAN

Normally you would not have characters added in during a non-battle scene (military academy scene comes to mind).  Do you want to have the option of refusing them?  Did you use the "CallFunction(x01)" command to silently add the units in the event?

3lric

You did the end of your event wrong.

EventSpeed(x02)
DarkScreen(x00,x01,012,064,x00,004)
WaitForInstruction(x36,x00)
DisplayConditions(x07,060)
WaitForInstruction(x38,x00)
RemoveDarkScreen()
WaitForInstruction(x36,x00)
EventSpeed(x01)
FadeSound(x00,060)
ColorScreen(x02,032,032,032,255,255,255,+00120)
WaitForInstruction(x0C,x00)
EventEnd()

Use this for the end of your event to have join up screen at the end of a non-battle event.

You could've just looked where Lavian, Rad and Alicia joined at the first event of Ch2 to solve that. Vanilla events are always a good resource.

Angel

On my way to bed, I had a moment of regret: "I knew Elric would answer this question, so I just left it for him. Does that make me a bad person?" In my defense, Xifanie was playing some intense wtf portion of FFXIII-2 at the time, and I didn't want to look away.

Either way, I know Elric answered it better than I would have, and xifi was absorbed in defeating paradoxes. I probably would have answered in a confusing way that could be proven incorrect even though I knew what I meant. I think I made the right decision. Hugs are nice.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Guru

I can't believe you would do such a thing!  :shock:

Jk pretty sure a bad person wouldn't have regretted not answering, or say hugs are nice  ;)

Anyways that's an interesting war council lol. Do the monsters actually participate in the event?

Emmy

It works now! :)

This event is the most convenient one to put monsters in at the start of ch 3.  (at least, more convenient to test than the one following the Queklain battle)  Right now they don't have lines, but that can be arranged!  If you've ever seen my mod there's a lot of places where monsters actively participate in discussions. 

Guru

No  :oops:

I've seen it and have been meaning to play it but time is not on my side lately. I will soon though (hopefully soon). It looks interesting and it sounds like it is challenging and I love a challenge lol. I'll let ya know when I do tho!

QuoteIt is a challenge hack, in the sense that after a certain point in the game, my imagination is no longer limited by "this will be too hard" and instead is whatever interesting thing I think of, so long as it's determined to be a fair challenge.
You had me at challenge  :mrgreen: