• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:21:21 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: Grim Grimoire (OLD!)

Started by Eternal, June 27, 2012, 06:05:47 pm

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Rfh

Ok, today I completed the game, after three totema battle the game become very easy, except the last battle that is OK.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: rfh

CloudNine

Hey ive been testing this hack n do like the challange, but what im stuck at is trying to get the further jobs? what are the new requirements to get jobs like summoner and dragoon my guys have been stuck on the basic jobs, n with some you can only change once, so plz tell me how you changed it?

Eternal

Oh, this is what you were referring to in your PM. Check out the New Job Tree spoiler tag in the first post. That should help you out. I should note that the version you're playing is pretty unbalanced and only really bearable up to Crystal Rain.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

CloudNine

bearable as in more difficult? or like this version isnt complete? n when do the shops get more weopons?

Eternal

Think of the current version as a demo. It's complete, just ridiculously glitchy and unbalanced. I'm slowly working on a finished, polished version. That version is done up until the Babus Solo battle. Want me to upload it? You can keep your save.

CloudNine

Yes please, i like your hack and how the game is much more difficult, ive just beat the first totem so if i can keep my save that be dope, so i just patch it again after?

Eternal

You'll need to patch a clean ROM, but so long as the ROM is the same name as it was before, the save should transfer just fine. It's still a work in progress, but it's attached here for whoever's interested. The next version should be out around Christmas or New Years. I've been admittedly lazy with this project while working on FFT: KO. :P

CloudNine

Thx Ya after i beat this one cause its my old time favorite, im gonna check out ur other hack for Ps1 tactics as i also have a ps1 emulator on my phone as well that i use to play FF7 hardtype :P

Eternal

ReNemesis

I'm liking it, sure i got rammed by a basic clan lol.

Thundara damages= to Blizzard ?
Still a waste of mp,the range is a plus. i mean personally do to its range nd mp cost cant it be like 1.35x blizzards dmg?

Blizzard is blizzard.

Fire is alittle better. The damage however barely stacks up by comparison. I just dont use it, even against the elementally weak, its damage is absolutely abysmal, Blizzard works better at taking care of enemies grouped together as i never see 5 enemies grouped together(fire seems more viable to use by your enemies than the players themselves).

Im replaying it ^.^ First Aid is a lifesaver but annoying too.

Aquarius

I'm downloading it now, but won't get to try it until tomorrow. :3 I'll give you feedback on how it works, etc. Looks like you've done a great job so far, from what I've read!

Ethereal Embrace

QuoteGeneral Changes:
-Laws have been removed.-Enemy levels scale.
-The party limit has been lowered in each battle.
-Monsters are more mobile and faster.
-Boss Totema/units have generally higher HP/MP and slightly altered skillsets.
-Shops are upgraded by story progress, rather than number of missions completed.
-Colors are less saturated.

-MP Regeneration is removed.
-Reflex/Strikeback/Damage > MP have been removed from player use.-Blind/Concentrate have been nerfed.-Gadgeteers have been replaced with Mediators, who use a totally new skillset with skills that alter a unit's status and stats, and can use Guns, Claws, Hats, Robes, Clothing, and Accessories.
-Morphers have been replaced with Reavers, who use Dark themed enemy skills by capturing monsters and taking their Souls, and can use Souls, Shields, Heavy Armor, Helms, and Accessories.

Okay, so I agree with the bolded stuff above (and are making my own movesets for Gadgeteers).

One thing though, how can I edit the effect blind and concentration have (I want blind to reduce accuracy by 30 % and concentration increase accuracy by 15 %).

Ethereal Embrace

Okay Black Mage being this weak makes me want to die.

And only furthers more incentive to never bother having a non-Nu Mou black mage. And Green Mage has so far been a resoundingly useless job.

Eternal

Don't worry, Black Magic's being retooled a bit for the next version. Green Mages are around for people who have a buff/debuff fetish like I do. They're really useful as a secondary skillset, I find. Huge AoE buffs (like Hastega) are amazing.

ReNemesis

I'm guessing it was intended but the Black Mages growth makes its damage more reliable by level 10. Fire Thunder and Blizzard are worth the mp, but thundara... I'd have to see.

Eternal

bcrobert

May I ask what animation/effect values you used for MP Gift?

I've been wanting something like that for a while now but the hard-coded animations scared me off.
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

Eternal

FFTA: GG is almost done! All that's left is editing sidemission formations and fixing various small bugs, such as Hastega's name not displaying properly. A 1.0 release should be out soon!

Also.

FEAR. CLAN. DIP.

Eternal

FEAR! CLAN! DIP!

Behold, Clan Dip's new members. They're a smidge better than their last batch.