• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:05:05 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Izirudo's Sprites

Started by Izirudo, November 16, 2010, 04:45:14 am

Lijj

Here are the two in 16 color BMP form.
  • Modding version: PSX

Izirudo

Update: I filled in the palettes, fixed up the sprite a bit and submitted it. The palettes are as follow:

Cheetah

I'm liking all these palettes except for the 4th one. The rear view really needs a bit of shading on the cape. The next step will to see this guy in action to insure that he is animating nicely.
Current Projects:

mav

There's something off about the shading on the helmet for the portraits, I can't quite put my finger on it though. I'm with Cheetah on the sprite palettes and the cape shading.

Kill_Bones

Damn. That is the best fullface helm that Ive seen on a sprite. As all the others said, your main problem is cape shading. Spriting prodigy much lol? This is your third sprite, and aside from the small shading problem, it looks pro. Keep it up!

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Kill_Bones

Is there any room in the pallete to change the color of the intersecting lines on the helm? They are white on the sprite but the same color as the rest of the helm on the portrait.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Cheetah

I think the problem with the shading on the portrait is that the light source is different for the helmet compare to the rest of the sprite. Or at least it is different from most FFT portraits. It is so great though that I hardly care.
Current Projects:

Izirudo

Personally I think that it is acceptable to have this portrait. The white intersecting lines on the sprite is there to indicate the cross only. You may think of the white as the metal reflecting light on that "cross" part.

Izirudo

Now I feel really down for not telling you guys this sooner... please just leave the cape like that for now. I know how to shade it (past experience with the Crusader one), and I'll do that when I've completed all other parts. What worries me the most is not the cape, but the leg and arm parts that I'll be editing soon. Currently I've just completed the front walking legs. It'd take about 1 week from now to possibly show you guys the walking frames. So, just relax and wait for it.

Amici

Cape looks epic :) We need more full armored sprites for FFT, and your Crusader and this sprite is a great way to fill 'em up.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kagebunji

Take your time, as long as you finish it, it is worth the wait.

Izirudo

I've always loved full-armored characters. Especially the judges. At first I wanted to create the sprite for Cid Randell, the Judgemaster of FFTA... but I realized that  Gabranth would be a more awesome one, since no one ever managed to do him before, with that helmet he has on. It seems you all really like the design. There's no reason not to work on it now :D

GeneralStrife

take your time, dont get burnt out, this is an amazing sprite and it will take time.

Kagebunji

I merged your Gabranth topic with this one. Please do not create another one, cause this may create confusion(posts are in date order). Just change the topic title if you want people to see what you are currently workng on.

Izirudo

December 11, 2010, 11:30:31 am #154 Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 12:39:11 pm by Izirudo
I finished the front walking frames quite sooner than expected - probably because I wanna save time to do something personal later, so expect to see the back walking frames late okay? It took some time for me to learn about GIF making, but I guess it's all worth it. Check out how the sprite walks in front:

GeneralStrife

Quote from: "Izirudo"I finished the front walking frames quite sooner than expected - probably because I wanna save time to do something personal later, so expect to see the back walking frames late okay? It took some time for me to learn about GIF making, but I guess it's all worth it. Check out how the sprite walks in front:

Kagebunji

During walking our right leg seems small when it is all the way back, this isn't much of an issue though. if you post a sheet, I will show you two pixels on the arms that should be erased, it is kinda a pain to explain. Overall, amazing Izi, keep it up.

Izirudo

There you go - the spritesheet I'm working on. Feel free to tell me if there's anything wrong.

Kagebunji

Here you go. I circled and fixed the arms I told you about. It was just few pixels, really, but it was bugging me. Check it closer to see difference(look at the shoulder pad outline, that is what needed few other pixels).I also saw what you did with cape, nice way of avoiding problem with animating the symbol, haha. Though now it looks too much motionless, leave it if the symbol is too hard though. Also, you could try shading the cape a bit more, right now it has only two shades.

Izirudo

Got it. Thanks Kage. I just pasted the symbol right there... so I haven't tried animating it yet, but I would definitely rather die trying than doing nothing ;).