• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:00:33 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Palette Problem ENTD 19E

Started by AvengerXP, August 12, 2010, 08:51:29 pm

AvengerXP

ENTD 19E Specific:
The top character on ENTD 19E (Unit 0x85) refuses to change palette correctly (color corruption occurs) during the event where Gafgarion and Ramza exchange banter. If the character is a female time mage, palette swaps are ignored and the colors are kept original. If the unit is NOT a Time Mage or not female, the colors are corrupted on the unit.

Once the fight starts, the unit is rendered correctly... I have no idea what causes this bug.

Easy to reproduce, take unit 0x85 and change it's class. You'll see funky colors during conversations and then it's back like nothing ever happened.

If anyone has a few thoughts you're welcome to indulge me.

philsov

probably has something to do with the event instructions.

Similar problems have been noted upon changing many generics that have an Event role, like the Knights at Zirekile and one of the guys at Sand Rat Cellar.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=444
http://www.ffhacktics.com/instructions.php
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

AvengerXP

So you're saying this -could- be solved by finding the correct 1-X lines in the event and removing them? I had a hunch the script could control something like that, but i am a pessimist and i think its a hardcoded palette trick because they are trying to work out a limitation of some sort... I'll try to compile different versions with one less line from the bottom.