• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:14:29 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT Arena Beta 139c

Started by FFMaster, August 04, 2010, 06:11:37 pm

FFMaster

Oh, right, Thief is a type 1 sprite while calcs are type 2. Completely forgot about that. Fixed for 138b.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Barren

Also, Koutetsu has a infinite vertical range somehow. Did a test at the gate of Lionel's castle. TL's wiz teleported on top of the gate and did a Koutetsu even though she was clearly no where near anyone
You dare cross blades with me?

Gaignun

August 24, 2012, 06:11:09 pm #142 Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 06:51:02 pm by Gaignun
Quote from: Barren on August 24, 2012, 08:57:44 am
Also, Koutetsu has a infinite vertical range somehow. Did a test at the gate of Lionel's castle. TL's wiz teleported on top of the gate and did a Koutetsu even though she was clearly no where near anyone

Did she target it off the ledge?  From what I can tell, it's the targeting that has infinite vertical.

Quote from: FFMasterwhat's wrong with the Steal descriptions?.

Heretic, Back Luck, Spellbreaker, and Quickening have Holy Explosion's, Armor Break's, Head Break's, and Weapon Break's descriptions, respectively.  If I'm the only one who can see this, then I must simply have a buggy ISO.

Quote from: FFMasterJust note any problems between the discussion and the MG.

Here are the inconsistencies I find in the master's guide.  Some may be typos.  Others may be accidentally or wilfully left unchanged in code.  Whatever the case may be, the following is a list of changes, as taken from the discussion thread, that are in conflict.

Repel Knife: 9 WP
Mage Masher: 9 WP
Katar: 12 WP  (confirmed that it is indeed 12 WP in game)
Defender: 16 WP
Save the Queen: 15 WP
Excalibur: 13 WP
Ragnarok: 15 WP
Chaos Blade: 17 WP
Kotetsu Knife: 9 WP
Healing Staff: 11 WP

Defense Armlet: +Null Fire

Southern Cross and Grand Cross have identical descriptions.  Surely at least Southern Cross's description is incorrect.

Spin Fist: Dmg_Fury(PA*9)
Repeating Fist: Dmg_Fury(PA*11)
Wave Fist: Dmg_Fury(PA*10)
Earth Slash: Dmg_Fury(PA*9)

Holy takes M-EV

Demi 2: 24 MP cost
Remove Short Charge
Add Chrono Trigger

Add Short Charge

Remove Sunken State

Also, as you might recall, Wiz was able to remove weather effects for S1.  Are you able to do the same for 1.38b?

FFMaster

Ability descriptions are wrong, period. I haven't touched any ability descriptions, but will probably begin soon.

Will check MG stuff now.

Need link to no weather hack.

Already fixed Kotetsu targetting.

Gaignun

Quote from: FFMasterNeed link to no weather hack.

Would an edited 1.37b PPF file do?

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8647.20#msg172047

FFMaster

August 24, 2012, 07:56:43 pm #145 Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 09:53:47 pm by FFMaster
Ok, fixed everything that was wrong. Knight Sword table didn't update, so those errors have already been fixed. A few weapons like Healing Staff are correctly 12WP. Monk formulas are correct. Added a bit more info on Grand Cross and Southern Cross. Defense Armlet never got Null: Fire this patch, the change must have slipped through, so I'll add that for 138b.

Will add weather hack as well. Would be easier if you can find the original hack though.

EDIT: As an alternative, I can disable the battle effects but keep the visuals of weather.

Gaignun

Quote from: FFMaster on August 24, 2012, 07:56:43 pmEDIT: As an alternative, I can disable the battle effects but keep the visuals of weather.

That would be just as good. 

FFMaster

138b released

Changelog
Bugs
- Tactician's Blade is fixed
- Reraise fixed
- Chrono's Tear name fixed
- Chakra Band name fixed
- Masamune targetting fixed
- Sleep Sword status fixed
- Projectile Guard dodge rate fixed
- Hawk's Eye formula now accepts status
- Ninjutsu's -ton skills M-EV fixed
- Don't Move JP cost fixed
- Reraise now properly removed from White Magic
- Thief/Summoner sprite types fixed
- Kotetsu vertical tolerance fixed

Balance
- Defense Armlet gains Null: Fire
- Weather effects now do nothing(visuals are still there)

Tables
- Chivalry, White Magic, Time Magic, Summon Magic Draw Out, Ninjitsu, Knives, Knight Swords, Katana tables fixed

Barren

Found a couple of more errors (or so I think) When I have Esuna learned the AI uses Dia instead even though its clearly not flagged in the spreadsheet (unless somehow Esuna was removed).

And a paladin did nurse which healed him for 1/3 HP, added defend and regen. As I recall Nurse is now suppose to add only defend and regen right?

Barren

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on August 25, 2012, 09:16:22 am
Nurse is supposed to heal and add both statuses.

Ahh okay, thanks for correcting me

FFMaster

August 25, 2012, 04:43:09 pm #151 Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 06:36:38 pm by FFMaster
Actually, took a look at it myself and I have no idea what's wrong. Have you updated the spreadsheet?

EDIT: Barren, try patching your game with this and see if it works

Barren

Quote from: FFMaster on August 25, 2012, 04:43:09 pm
Actually, took a look at it myself and I have no idea what's wrong. Have you updated the spreadsheet?

EDIT: Barren, try patching your game with this and see if it works

I can't open the patch file with ppf-o-matic. It won't let me. I even tried changing the extension and that still didn't work. Is there something else I can do? I did download the latest spreadsheet. And everything I flag Esuna, in the formation screen it saids that Dia is flagged

RavenOfRazgriz

You can't open it in PPF-O-Matic because he gave you a .FFTPatch and not a .PPF file, Barren...

You're meant to apply it to your existing Arena 1.38b ISO with FFTPatcher.

Barren

Okay noticed a few more problems? Why is Hawk's Eye doing more damage than it should? I tested Kihaku's archer and he only has a silencer...and my archer for some reason goes after my own units even though he is not charmed :/

And yes I did open FFTpatcher and opened the patched ISO as well as opened the FFTArenapatch file. Was that all I needed to do?

FFMaster

Yeah, just use the fftpatch on the iso. Have you added Fury calculation to Hawk's Eye? And can you give me the exact details of the Archer and the allies? I have no idea what was going on there. Something might have happened to the ENTD's. Test on a different map and see what happens.

Barren

I tested it on the Back gate of leslia castle, and Kihaku's archer one shotted my archer with a 317 damage Hawk's Eye. He was Serpentarius and mine was Sagittarius. Then my archer gets up via reraise and hits my priest with a 214 kagesougi

Dia is still learned in the formation screen even though Esuna is clearly flagged on the spreadsheet.

Did another test on Gate of Lionel Castle. Kihaku's archer one shots my priest with a 342 damage Hawk's Eye. And after my archer spends a turn attacking Kihaku's scholar, he goes after my samurai with a 300 damage Kagesougi.

Did one more test on Magic City Gariland. As it turns out whenever Kihaku's Archer does Hawk's Eye my allies kill each other. The Hawk's eye did less damage this time 78 to be exact, but that still caused my allies to attack eachother with a 200 damage water ball and a 300 damage kagesougi. And no I didn't mess around with Hawk Eye's damage formula. I patched it as it was

FFMaster

Sounds like you have a problem with the spreadsheet. The bug would make sense if Reraise is still on the ability list for the spreadsheet. If so, just update it to 138b.

As for Hawk's Eye, that's an ASM problem so I'll fix that tonight.

Gaignun

Unrelated question:  Has anyone managed to build a non-Thief that consistently uses Quickening?  To test the AI, I built a Mediator with a magic gun that is absorbed by the half the opposing team and no skill other than Quickening.  She shoots at one half until they're dead, then does nothing at all.  Thieves, on the other hand, seem to have no trouble using Quickening when there's nothing else to do.  I haven't tested rigorously yet, but it's probably less of a bug and more of an undesirable AI quirk.

CT5Holy

I've had Monks use Quickening consistently, like in my Arena S1 team. I've also seen other people use Quickening with Chemists. My best guess is that a way to actively restore MP is a good way to get a unit to use Quickening. It really does feel like a weird AI quirk though.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney