• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:30:57 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Custom Character Formulas.

Started by hazeck, June 27, 2016, 10:58:02 am

hazeck

I don't know if someone ever asked for this, but why don't share custom creations using gameshark only?
"It shall be engraved upon your soul!"

Nyzer

... Inserting custom characters into games via gameshark alone? Dude, you're asking the equivalent of "why don't you build a house using a sewing needle and thread?" Have you ever looked at what the average Gameshark codes can do? 'Cause they definitely don't do that.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kaijyuu

While the patcher can generate gameshark codes, this does tend to be a rather inefficient way of handing data over to others, yes. It's easier to just link a patch.
  • Modding version: PSX

Angel

Late to reply, but remember that on console, original Gameshark has a 15 line limit per code. PCSX-R has a line limit per game. Then there's pSX, with no official support. Why not make this site inaccessible to anyone not using Windows 3.1 and Netscape Navigator while we're at it?
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Kaijyuu

Darkholme

Back in the early 2000s, before ffhacktics was a thing, I used to hack the hell out of my PSX fft using a game shark.

I remember making several named NPCs recruitable (wiegraf), changing how moves work, etc.

It was a ton of work to come up with the codes, and a ton of work to enter them into the game shark.

Using patches is much better, and the game plays, looks, and runs way better on a PC anyways. If you want a PlayStation controller, you can use 4 dualshock 3s/4s with a $10 Bluetooth adapter and the proper drivers. If you want a dualshock 1/2, they have adapters for that.

Expecting people to share hacks as game shark codes is ridiculous. You can accomplish so much more, and share it infinitely easier using patches than you ever could using GameShark codes.