• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:18:12 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

New meat

Started by darkgloomie, April 28, 2011, 05:47:06 am

darkgloomie

Hello there, darkgloomie here!

Been playing FFT since... well, since I got it years ago. Loved the game, although my version was buggy and wouldn't let me finish the Cloud sidequest, so I never quite got around to see it all... bummer.

I found this site and got me interested in playing again, only... I don't know any good emulator: can you help me with that?

Other than that, this place looks nice (albeit a bit out of my actual capabilities, though I never quite tried my hand at hacking: only time I did the game resulted a mess xD)

Dome

Welcome to FFHacktics, where all your dreams might come true!

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kokojo

Meat? *gets out the knives*
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Wiz

Hey gloomie, nice to meet ya ;)

Quote from: darkgloomie on April 28, 2011, 05:47:06 am
I don't know any good emulator: can you help me with that?

Sure, get ePSXe v1.6.0

Then configure with these settings

Video Plugin = P.E.Op.S Soft Driver 1.18

Sound Plugin = Eternal SPU 1.41 (Right of the Solid Black Line)
Cdrom Plugin = P.E.Op.S CDR Driver 1.4 (Left of the Solid Black Line)

You'll also need a BIOS to play as well. Because it's against the law to provide links to the source, just type in "scph1001.bin" into google/youtube then look for the download and you should be set. Also, a game normally runs at 60 FPS, so if you were to turn it to 180, then it'd run three times as fast.

Hope that answers your question and welcome :mrgreen:
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Celdia

Welcome to the carnival. Don't worry about being out of your depth in hacking. A lot of the people here started with no experience at it and just started experimenting with the tools we have here and now we have all kinds of projects in the works. So as the saying goes, everybody starts somewhere. Once you get comfortable with emulating to play and applying the different patches we've got here, maybe then you should give FFTPatcher a try. :)
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

darkgloomie

May 09, 2011, 04:29:56 am #6 Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 04:58:49 am by darkgloomie
Teehee, thanks for the welcome. And thanks for the tips 'bout the emulator.

I'd also love to see some of your patches here. Reading around, it seems pretty cool. I'll get to it soon enough (when I find time to play xP)

EDIT: hm... I've been trying to setup the emulator following Wiz's advice but it's not working ._. In particular, I've searched on google for the plugins to add (searching the ones you posted) but it won't accept the Video plugin, while the Audio one doesn't appear as Eternal SPU... I've tried looking up other guides, but the video plugin just won't show up, no matter which ePSXe I try to download or even changing the plugins... -.-

Kagebunji

• Modding version: Other/Unknown