• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:37:41 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: Grim Grimoire (Latest version: Beta 0.993)

Started by Eternal, June 23, 2013, 07:50:32 pm

Eternal

Sorry, the post is being delayed for about another day or so- things have been crazy today! Keep posting the bugs though, I'm going to use this topic as a reference for the next update!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Darthatron

Eternal, if you can compile a list of bugs which are my problem, I will get around to fixing them.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Darthatron

rrs_kai

Quote from: Eternal on September 18, 2014, 01:01:29 am
Sorry, the post is being delayed for about another day or so- things have been crazy today! Keep posting the bugs though, I'm going to use this topic as a reference for the next update!

I sincerely hope that I am not imposing on people to put more effort, for this mod and website are outcomes of free will and interest. Take your time sir, its for the better.

I registered here just to share my opinion and to congratulate your efforts and I found one bug. Never before have I found bugs or participated in forums so actively, but if listing bugs means contributing to the progress of this mod then its certainly better than sharing opinions because....well....opinions are opinions and are biased.

All in all what I want to say is that I want to see this mod get a 1.0 release and be a part of it.

Quote from: Darthatron on September 18, 2014, 05:50:27 am
Eternal, if you can compile a list of bugs which are my problem, I will get around to fixing them.

I do archive the list of bugs which I find...I can sort them and then post/PM them if you like.

Darthatron

No no. Eternal can make a list of bugs that require changing of code or other things he isn't capable of. A lot of these bugs are things that can be edited in AIO.

Eternal

I'll try and condense this post as much as possible because you guys (thankfully!) posted so much!

-Available weaponry will likely be changed soon, simply because I noticed what you did, RRS, about early game skills being hard to learn for more advanced jobs.

-Katana are... weird. I'm not sure if I want them to be two-handed or not yet. I'm leaning towards two-handed with Knives being the Dual Wield option, but I'm undecided of yet.

-Osafune is an annoying bug that I've been trying to fix for ages now. It's being dealt with... eventually.

-Lancet's change was intentional. Lancet-ing with a weapon aside from a Spear is silly. It'll be learnt from a Spear in the next update with the text being changed as well.

-Clan Banisa error noted, will fix soon.

-No idea why the Mediator skills are doing what they're doing. I suspect it has to do with the animation of the skills themselves. No clue how to fix it, and it doesn't seem like a major problem, so it's not high on my priority list.

-Mediator Gun issues are known and are dealt with.

-Fortune Ring's text will be updated.

-Mirage Vest will be dealt with as well.

-Black Robe giving Innate: Geomancy... that's weird. No item in FFTA gives an innate ability. Do you mean it can still be learnt from it?

-Absorb MP has always been like that, for whatever reason. Blame Square code monkeys. :P

-I think Last Berserk takes a look at a certain skill slot to reference what skill is used on the user. I don't know what it references right now, but I'll check it out.

-Scream is how it is because Berserk is (technically) a debuff- and is therefore at 50% accuracy inherently, but the formula for the skill makes it always hit. I'm not sure how best to approach that particular issue.

-Adrammelech sprite bug is known already. It's frustrating since his frames are so limited, meaning I can't give him any Thunder abilities. :(

-What do you mean about Whirlwind/Swallowtail?

-Infinite vert was intended on Samurai skills. Considering how otherwise weak they are, I wanted to give them something to stand out.

-Mog Knight sprite bug is also known.

-I'm guessing the sprite bug (somehow) disabled his Reaction. *shrug*

-No idea about the load screen error, but that's really concerning. Maybe an emulator bug? Darth may know more about it than I.

-Ancient Sword is Earth Elemental, and Bombs are floating, which is represented by Immune: Earth in-game.

-Elemental Spears will be fixed.

-Fire is technically the weakest element in terms of Power. Always has been in GG, likely always will be simply because it has such a large AoE. I might buff it slightly, but it doesn't sound like an error to me, anyways.

-Satyr Flute got +1 Move with one of the very first versions of GG, so that's intended. Again, this will all be included when I change all the text. :)

-I'm familiar with the Draw Weapon bug, and because I changed roster items so much, it's a pain in the ass to fix. Likely I'll just remove Draw Weapon from enemy hands.

-I'd say being 100% accurate and having smart targetting is more than benefit enough for Summons. They already have a ton of AoE on top of that, too.

-I don't know why you're at such a high level. I'm in my current playthrough at the final boss at level 48, unless you're grinding a ton. I know what you mean about reducing the AP costs by 10, though.

-Concentrate is fine as it is now, IMO. That was nerfed, as was many of the Assassin abilities.

-Damage spill is no longer needed for Manashield since MP doesn't regenerate each turn.

-Stealing an enemy's gear is hugely crippling, and Thieves Gloves make them downright overpowered, IMO. Try it out sometime- Thieves are downright gamebreaking as they are now. Especially with Steal HP.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

rrs_kai

I've used the AIO (its awesome Darthatron) and can better explain my posts

Quote from: Eternal on September 20, 2014, 12:40:46 am
-Black Robe giving Innate: Geomancy... that's weird. No item in FFTA gives an innate ability. Do you mean it can still be learnt from it?

When a character equips blackrobe they act as if they have geomancy skill equipped....i.e. making antilions weak to all elements insted of only fire, being able to damage fire shield equipped units with fire spells...etc.
It does not teach geomancy.
this together with MOGPOW+(equipped s.ability) my blackmage can OHKO low RES characters and 2HKO most of the game with blizzara.
monsters are best dealt with status effects IMO

-Fire is technically the weakest element in terms of Power. Always has been in GG, likely always will be simply because it has such a large AoE. I might buff it slightly, but it doesn't sound like an error to me, anyways.

-ara spells have 40pow and -aga spells have 50pow in vanilla FFTA
I expected firaga to have 40pow (equal to blizzara) but its 37pow

Adrammelech sprite bug is known already. It's frustrating since his frames are so limited, meaning I can't give him any Thunder abilities. :(

What do you mean by "cant give him any thunder abilities"??? His skillset shows Thundaga and Flash arc, though he didnt use thundaga.

Thieves are downright gamebreaking as they are now. Especially with Steal HP.

Yup. They were and still are.

Stealing an enemy's gear is hugely crippling, and Thieves Gloves make them downright overpowered, IMO.

The reduced evade rates mean that one can steal from most characters at 80% accuracy from the front. Thief gloves (if they worked) are plain overkill.

-What do you mean about Whirlwind/Swallowtail?

Below is the AIO of whirlwind (its the same for swallowtail). Notice that whirlwind damages the elementalist 9h below but does not damage marche who is beside him, you shouldn't be able to target her in the first place.

*edit*
I am posting this here since the AIO 0.7 thread is old and Darthatron is the moderator here (is there any active thread where I can post this?)
1)Can skill names be changed in the AIO? if so how?
2)Can you also edit the skill descriptions from the AIO? or is there any other program which Eternal was referring to as "this requires use of Darthatron's new tools" that can be used for the editing descriptions
Is there any documentation/wiki where I can read about the AIO and other tools?...I only found FFT and FFTA2 on this sites wiki

Darthatron

Quote from: rrs_kai on September 20, 2014, 06:07:50 amI am posting this here since the AIO 0.7 thread is old and Darthatron is the moderator here (is there any active thread where I can post this?)
1)Can skill names be changed in the AIO? if so how?
2)Can you also edit the skill descriptions from the AIO? or is there any other program which Eternal was referring to as "this requires use of Darthatron's new tools" that can be used for the editing descriptions
Is there any documentation/wiki where I can read about the AIO and other tools?...I only found FFT and FFTA2 on this sites wiki

Eternal is using the new version of AIO which is full of bugs and breaking ROMs. It will be released to the public ASAP. I recoded the whole thing so a lot is missing and a lot is broken. Text editing is (somewhat) functional.

There's a lot of info on the ROM on this wiki: http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Tactics_Advance

rrs_kai

Quote from: Darthatron on September 21, 2014, 10:43:47 am
Eternal is using the new version of AIO which is full of bugs and breaking ROMs. It will be released to the public ASAP. I recoded the whole thing so a lot is missing and a lot is broken. Text editing is (somewhat) functional.

There's a lot of info on the ROM on this wiki: http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Tactics_Advance

I am using AIO version 0.7.7.1...you have done a great job on this.
Does this version support skill name changes like FFTA:GG has in it (like how sleep-> lulluby).

On a side note, to make patches you use a patching software like LunarIPS and use the clean-ROM and modded-ROM to obtain the patch. Is this the proper way of doing it?

bcrobert

1. The new version of AIO that Darth is working on will support text editing. The public version does not. Eternal is basically the guinea pig for this new feature. :P

2. That's correct. LunarIPS does create patches. Simply click "Create IPS Patch", select the original/vanilla ROM, then the ROM you've edited (your hack), and it will create a .ips patch for other users to use on their ROMs.
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

rrs_kai

Quote from: rrs_kai on September 18, 2014, 12:51:15 am
::: Rare bugs :::
-Using steal:armour on Clan Dip's templar steals only armour but his shield dissappears. Also happened to templar on the first encounter with babus (both had diamond armour and bolt shield). Does not happen when steal:shield is used.

I found out why this happens, the templars s-ability is Half MP, he needs Shieldbearer to equip a shield.

Eternal

Progress is coming along very smoothly! Just waiting for Darth to release the overhaul of his editor. :)

Kerafyrm Six

I was wondering if you were still working on this >,< its been quiet some time sense i first heard about Grim but its good that you are :P
i've tried working on stuff many times but something is always blocking and stopping me lol i  mean i've restarted countless times already but i keep coming back for more

As for dat tool Dar has been working on, still amazing as ever

Eternal

Yeah, FFTA GG will always be my baby, meaning it's always being worked on and tinkered with, so you needn't fear there! :P

Darthatron

Kerafyrm Six

your hack as come pretty far from what it was back then. taken a long time but that's normal sense i don't have a time machine

Lol well after whats next just a plain D i would have said Darth but felt lazy which is probably why its slowly getting short but don't worry i think Dar is as short as its going to get

Oh off topic for a sec gratz on your SSBB PM work, really amazing. i think the turbo was your work right huh
Always a fan of your work lol
anyway i thought id tell you in person sense you're here and all

okay i'm done :P

rrs_kai

You may find this useful Eternal

Quote from: Eternal on September 12, 2014, 02:29:56 pm
-Paeon is supposed to restore MP, but for the life of me I can't figure out -why- it's not working. Your guess is actually a good one, and one I'd not thought of before. I'll have to do some tinkering with it.

I used bcrobert's nightmare modules to edit cure's healing formula at 0xA08 to the following:

-1- changed damage value to 0x21 (max MP damage cap) and it restores MP based on MAG
-2- changed damage value to 0x2 (fixed 30) and it restores 30 MP

---edit---
I tested healing MP with byte 0x24 heal 80MP and it doesn't work in FFTA:GG but worked fine in FFTA:DE, but the game crashed later for I don't what reason (what comes to mind is that probably 0x24 heal 80MP is linked with consuming an item which I did not possess during the test)

Eternal

Very nice, thanks for your hard work! (Yes, GG is still alive. It's my winter project, so progress will be continuing more earnestly soon!)

Shintroy

http://s2.postimg.org/58eexhv49/FFTA_Grim_1417671360395.png

12/4/14
My Samurai used Whirlwind on a Mediator with a gun and counter. The Moogle counters then turns invisible.
A second bug happens when the same mediator Moogle uses a certain ability. Crashes the game and turns him invisible as well.
-
Mediator used Aim Legs this time. Froze the game. Trying to beat this Save X Fight without him acting.
-
Update. If the mediator uses any talk skills on his allies they turn invisible as well. The fight only freezes when the mediator uses aim legs. Beating the fight crashes the game. Unable to load the map.
Some day my people will be free.

rrs_kai

-Mog Knight sprite bug is also known.

Since Bards are using "Raise's" animation for Lifesong (which is not bugged except for the fact that the target does the damage animation-bending instead of lifting hands) why not use it for Mogknight's revive.
Its animation number is 14.

Quote from: Shintroy on December 04, 2014, 12:42:44 am
Mediator used Aim Legs this time. Froze the game. Trying to beat this Save X Fight without him acting.

That map is annoying to complete without getting bugged. My best bet was breaking the mediator's weapon and taking out the Mogknight first so that he doesn't use revive.