• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFTA : Mission Item Fix 1.0a

Started by rrs_kai, November 23, 2014, 05:32:31 am

rrs_kai

November 23, 2014, 05:32:31 am Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 06:23:49 am by rrs_kai
FFTA : Mission Item Fix 1.0a

---Purpose---
-Removes most surplus quest items so as to allow 100% mission completion (300).
-Missable equipment like rubber suit, gastra bow, galmia shoes, zeus mace, materia blade and iceprism were added as rewards.
-Recruitment items are still present. Elda's cup, Wyrm stone...etc.
-Most every mission now gives two rewards (while you can't get 99, you do get a handful).
-Story battles reward more AP.
-Added a Thundrake in Roda Dragons clan battle.
-Added a Goblin in Antlions clan battle.
-Treasure hunts also changed to not give mission items.

I originally wanted this for my other mod but then figured it might be useful to others as well.

Apply it to a US FFTA rom using the included NUPS patcher made by Nintenlord.
Report if you find any bugs.
Enjoy :P

---Motivation---
-1-My first FFTA playthrough where I got stuck at 294 missions cause I threw away clock gear or clock post.
-2-FFT: Vanilla plus.
-3-Darthatron and bcrobert for rom data and nightmare modules

---Credits---
-bcrobert for the nightmare modules
-Darthatron for the AIO

---Changelog---

17th December 2018 - 1.0a
-Fixed "Desert Rose" giving two Blue Roses (player only has use for one-exchange for Almighty)
-Added back Cyril Ice to "Malboro hunt" (player can exchange it for one more Ice prism)
-Fixed "You Immortal" giving two Stradivari (now it gives random equipment)
-Fixed "Clan Law" giving two Master Braves (now it gives random equipment)

10th November 2018
-Redone from scratch.
-Changed name to Mission Item Fix.
-Fixed treasure hunts.
-Added a Thundrake and a Goblin.
-Only added Quin to the mission Mythril Rush.

v3.2 - Semi-generic characters come with randomized names and can be recruited multiple times, Quinn can be recruited in Mythril Rush. I couldn't recruit Eldena though.
v3.1 - Corrected bugs. Pale company and Frosty mage now give proper AP rewards (were 10 times higher before).
v3 - Increased AP reward for story missions and help-area missions. Added back a few quest items.
v2 - Made missions give two rewards.
v1 - Removed all quest items.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

advfox

This is awesome. I'll definitely be using this every time I play through the game again.
  • Modding version: PSX

Eternal

Wow, this is great. I'll definitely be using this in GG. Thanks for the patch!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

bcrobert

Woot! Someone's finally picking off the missables! There are a LOT of missables in this game. I remember writing up an entirely new set of reward lists, shop lists, etc just to get rid of them all.

Let me know if you ever need to dig up my old notebook at some point. I went through all of the possible acquistion methods for items and figured out every missable in FFTA. And every item that you can't get 99 of. Yeah...I was that OCD at one time.
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

rrs_kai

November 24, 2014, 12:52:33 pm #4 Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 01:04:38 pm by rrs_kai
Quote from: bcrobert on November 24, 2014, 01:51:33 am
Woot! Someone's finally picking off the missables! There are a LOT of missables in this game. I remember writing up an entirely new set of reward lists, shop lists, etc just to get rid of them all.

Yes, I want to remove the possibility of one-time-only equipment.
I only added those that could be missed entirely (not even one) to this patch

Quote from: bcrobert on November 24, 2014, 01:51:33 am
Let me know if you ever need to dig up my old notebook at some point. I went through all of the possible acquistion methods for items and figured out every missable in FFTA. And every item that you can't get 99 of. Yeah...I was that OCD at one time.

That would be greatly appreciated :]
the following come to mind looking at the weapons list, there's also armour to be taken care of

---swords---

blood sword
onion sword
laglace sword
chirijidaden

---blades---

materia blade
ayuir red
ayuir blue
adaman blade
ebon blade

---sabers---

shamshir
soulsaber
harpe
tulvar

---knightswords---

excalibur 2

---greatswords---

iceprism
oblige
zankplus
lurebreaker
master sword

---broadswords---

tabarise
beastsword
rhomphasia
eclipse

---knives---

tonberrian
cinquedea (maybe)

---raipers---

diabolique
aerial hole
last letter
femme fatale

---katana---

charfire
silkmoon
masamune 100

---staves---

dream watcher
power staff

---rods---

heretic rod

---maces---

zeus mace
vesper
cactus stick
battle scythe (wiki says unobtainable, game code only)

---bows---

crescent bow
malbow

---greatbows---

arbalest
gastrabow

---spears---

beastspear
bangaa spike
odin lance

---instruments---

blood strings
dark fiddle
fell castenets

---knuckles---

magic hands
greaseburst

---souls---

dread soul
rukavi soul

---guns---

bindsnipe
calling gun

Eternal

I don't see data of a Battle Scythe anywhere in Darth's editor, so I'm not sure if it even exists or not.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

bcrobert

November 24, 2014, 05:02:15 pm #6 Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 02:32:29 am by bcrobert
The wiki must be a filthy lying whore. Because there is no "Battle Scythe" afaik. And I know many things.

EDIT. This is basically a second post.

My notebook isn't organized perfectly but I did a quick comparison scan for that list. The list looks inaccurate. Some of those should be obtainable 99 times easily. Make sure you abuse Catch!

---Random mission rewards---
Blood Sword - set 3 reward
Harpe - set 6 reward
Blood Strings - set 7

---Can be purchased somewhere---
Shamshir

---Can be caught from lv45-50 tossers---
Laglace Sword
Adaman Blade
Tulwar
Zankplus
Eclipse
Last Letter
Charfire
Dream Watcher
Heretic Rod
Cactus Stick
Crescent Bow
Beastspear
Fell Castinets
Greaseburst
Dread Soul

---Can be stolen---
Tonberrian - From "Bloodthirsters"
Blood Strings - From "Koring Band"

If any of these are wrong, oops. Here are non-weapons that are limited supply or missable:

Bangaa Helm
Genji Helm
Hanya Helm
Parade Helm

Barette
Cachusha
Ribbon

Tiara
White Hat

Adaman Armor
Genji Armor
Materia Armor

Brint Set
Dark Gear
Judge Coat
Onlyone
Rubber Suit
Magic Robe
Reaper Cloak
Red Robe
Sage Robe
Silver Coat

Choco Shield
Genji Shield
La Seraphica
Reverie Shield
Shijin Shield

Angel Ring
Bone Armlets
Caligula
Fire Mitts
Galmia Shoes
Mindu Gem
Ninja Tabi
Ether

rrs_kai

Quote from: bcrobert on November 24, 2014, 05:02:15 pm
My notebook isn't organized perfectly but I did a quick comparison scan for that list. The list looks inaccurate. Some of those should be obtainable 99 times easily. Make sure you abuse Catch!

thanks bcrobert, your posts have always been supporting, especially when their detailed :]

Quote from: bcrobert on November 24, 2014, 05:02:15 pm
Bone Armlets and Dark Gear

Although they are not listed as random rewards I did get many Bone Armlets as rewards for repeatable missions.
Not sure about Dark Gear.

the lv.40-44 throws include excalibur2...hmmm
I'll even out the rewards and shops so that you don't have to resort to catching (although I found it fun to immobilize jugglers/ninjas just to catch free gear).

The patch may not be public for a reason:
-The rate at which new equipment are obtained decides the pace of the game, I want FFTA:DE to be fast-paced but some other modder may not want that

Shintroy

I still own my physical copy of FFTA with 299/300 missions complete. I tossed a black thread because I kept holding two. I'll probably never play the game again. Maybe if the AI could get buffed and revive units like FFT mods.
Some day my people will be free.

rrs_kai

Quote from: Shintroy on November 27, 2014, 10:01:07 am
I still own my physical copy of FFTA with 299/300 missions complete. I tossed a black thread because I kept holding two. I'll probably never play the game again. Maybe if the AI could get buffed and revive units like FFT mods.

I too still have my physical copy with 294/300 save file.

Yes AI can be buffed and Eternal did it in FFTA:GG, enemies spam phoenix downs, revieve and life at every oppertunity they get....which was a great improvement over the vanilla AI but got annoying as some battles take hours if you don't have some counter-measures

rrs_kai

November 30, 2014, 08:30:22 am #10 Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 09:05:58 am by rrs_kai
double post. update ver2.0

Quote from: rrs_kai on November 25, 2014, 12:25:37 pm
The patch may not be public for a reason:
-The rate at which new equipment are obtained decides the pace of the game, I want FFTA:DE to be fast-paced but some other modder may not want that

well maybe an update might help

-Secret characters are now 100% recruitable (no more resetting for Quinn)
-Most missions now reward 2pieces of rare equipment (while you can't get 99 of each you do get a handful)
-You can get 99 of angel rings, galmia shoes, mindu gems and ninja tabi as post game rewards.

Once you get to post game you can purchase Estreledge, tiptaptwo and temple cloth in certain months.....can equipment be added to this list? I want make ultima equipment purchasable.
I thought maybe the unknown's in the Item-editor may help but I can't figure out how

bcrobert

Quote from: rrs_kai on November 30, 2014, 08:30:22 am
Once you get to post game you can purchase Estreledge, tiptaptwo and temple cloth in certain months.....can equipment be added to this list? I want make ultima equipment purchasable.
I thought maybe the unknown's in the Item-editor may help but I can't figure out how

Yeah I thought that too...but I never could find a direct correlation between those unknowns and the items that only appear in certain cities. :(

Darthatron

I've stickied this thread as I think it's a great base to build new mods off of. Keep up the great work!
  • Discord username: Darthatron

rrs_kai

Quote from: bcrobert on December 01, 2014, 01:09:33 am
Yeah I thought that too...but I never could find a direct correlation between those unknowns and the items that only appear in certain cities. :(

I have a better idea of what those unknown's may correspond to, doesn't solve the problem, but it maybe useful.
-1- is most likely double-handable
-2- is probably mokey-grippable
-3- mythril weapons only

Ethereal Embrace

Probably the dumbest question in the universe, but how does one apply this patch to a game?  :?

I've only ever had to work with ips patches in the past. Also, I don't believe I have winrar readily available, if that means anything??

rrs_kai

Extract the contents of the file using an de-compressor like winrar and apply the patch using a patcher like LunarIPS.

Open LunarIPS--> Apply patch--> select IPS file to apply on ROM--> ROM is now patched (changes applied).

Have fun playing, report if you find any bugs.

Eternal

I feel like it was posted somewhere, but I can't seem to find it, but is there a list somewhere of mission items that are required to get 300 missions? I'd like to make each one obtainable somehow.

rrs_kai

December 20, 2014, 10:41:21 pm #17 Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 10:59:25 pm by rrs_kai
Quote from: Eternal on December 20, 2014, 01:28:23 pm
I feel like it was posted somewhere, but I can't seem to find it, but is there a list somewhere of mission items that are required to get 300 missions? I'd like to make each one obtainable somehow.

This list has items that you dont need to include, I was referring to it when making this hack Is there a useless quest item in this game
The one left that are still in this hack are insignina, ally finder, ally finder2, topaz ring, mewt's teddy bear, secret character items and a few more memorabilia.

I feel like this hack made the game lose some of its flavour. Misisons just feel bland now.
This is another reason I like FFTA2, infininte loot inventory (no 64 mission item restriction).

The other reason I removed them was because some mission items can be obtained pretty quickly and are quite powerful. The sprinkler that you get at mission #3 boosts ice/fire/water by 1.5 which makes missions quite easy. The end game ones like Oguma's seal deserve praise for being so powerful.

---Addendum---
This is probably what you want Required mission items

Darthatron

Well the way that Mission Items are stored is inefficient and could be halved. So we could boost the limit to 128 very easily if that would be better?
  • Discord username: Darthatron

rrs_kai

Yes please :D

All that manual to remove those mission items and add equipment yet the end result was a bland FFTA.
As much as I like my hack, increasing the item limit is better.

Now, is there a way to undo this hack. I am currently at 0.65 and dont want to start from 0.41 again