• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 05:50:42 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Final Fantasy Fractics

Started by TristanBeoulve, October 16, 2014, 10:07:29 pm

Angel

I refuse to believe you can get to real Ivalice from a book.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Elric

Jumza

It's almost as ridiculous as demons inside of colored rocks!

In all seriousness, the book thing did always kind of bug me, but it's also not the worst way they could have done it :/ It could have all been a dream in the end...

Wait, there goes FFTA :P
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Elric

Quote from: Jumza on October 29, 2014, 10:34:02 pm
It's almost as ridiculous as demons inside of colored rocks!

I actually don't find that nearly as strange, you can find that in a LOT of lore outside of Ivalice or video games in
general.

However, unless you wanna tie The Neverending Story to Ivalice... The whole book thing is a pretty O_o idea.

Kaijyuu

Haha, the idea of the holy stones and luso's book being essentially the same thing is quite amusing.

Biggest difference is that Luso didn't possess anyone's body. Then again, he already had a body; maybe the Lucavi are ghosts or something and needed a local body to actually exist in Ivalice.

Eternal

The Lucavi can only be contained within a single host per generation. This is why Vormav needed Alma- Alma was the only suitable host for Ultima. Likewise, it's why the Templarate needed to work with Dycedarg- he was the only suitable host for Adrammelech.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Jumza

I wonder whether or not they questioned what they were doing when they found out the only suitable host for their evil leader was a little girl. It sure didn't seem like it :P
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Eternal

Thematically, it'd make sense that the host for Virgo is an innocent little girl- much like it'd make sense that the host for Aries would be a hot-blooded leader.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

lirmont

Besides The Neverending Story, there's the Myst series, where book writing and book travel are entrenched mechanics. They also have copious amounts of odd-sounding names (like Atrus).

TristanBeoulve

Looks like a war is brewing...
Let's make a game, shall we? It shall be called Final Fantasy Hacktics: War of the........ books?

P.S. I realize there wasn't much argument around traveling to Ivalice in a book.... but I had to make that joke.
"There is blood on my hands, how long till it lies on my heart?"