• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Final Fantasy Fractics

Started by TristanBeoulve, October 16, 2014, 10:07:29 pm

TristanBeoulve

Is there anything about this game that really bothers you? Fractures in the story or things such as names, (come on, Teta is a horrible name for a medieval game) or story dragging you down? Did the vocabulary lose immersion for you? Anything you feel was out of place? Let's hear it.
"There is blood on my hands, how long till it lies on my heart?"

Vaan

Teta means tit in my language :v

What bothers me is the fact that i oftenly miscalculate the tile distance and cant back out of it, but Xif is making an ASM for dat.
Also i feel like it needed a official sequel, i felt that everything was left incomplete when it ended.
"    One of these days I'll fly an airship of my own. I'll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will.    ,,
   ~ Vaan

Kaijyuu

Game got too easy in chapter 4.

Stat growths existing as a concept always bothered me.

Things being "lost forever" if you didn't know to pick them up.

Not enough character slots.

Not enough special female characters.

Characters not talking anymore after they join your party.

And a few other nitpicks.
  • Modding version: PSX

Angel

The name 'Lede', which resulted in my only positive experience with WotL; her name was changed to Lettie, which was a revelation in, "oh! That's how her name is pronounced!"

Beyond that, just spelling errors. And Rafa only being useful as a generic, and Malak being utterly useless. And maybe how Mime works. And Solo Ramza Calculator is the fastest and best way to plow through the game until you get Orlandu.

I'd add that Cloud is fucking useless, but I never liked Cloud anyway. Cherry Blossom has no payoff whatsoever, seriously.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Kaijyuu

The status effect limit (forgot the name) is pretty darn useful. The later limits definitely aren't worth their charge time though, yeah.

Which brings me to another problem I forgot to mention: Charge times not scaling. Should've been affected by speed so that instant moves don't completely overtake charge time moves at max level.

Elric

Quote from: Kaijyuu on October 17, 2014, 01:57:55 am
The status effect limit (forgot the name) is pretty darn useful.

Finish Touch.

Cloud is my VIP for this reason. Once I get him, I spend 1 or 2 random battles leveling him up,
and he them becomes the only character I use for the rest of the game.

Finish Touch is extremely OP though

formerdeathcorps

Cloud, Luso, Balthier even being IN the game.  They don't belong and are simply an example of shameless promotion by Square.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Jumza

I mean, when you have that opportunity.... Why not? :P
I actually liked Cloud being in the game, Balthier and Luso not so much.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Kaijyuu

They did a decent job of making Cloud fit. I never thought it too anomalous that he was there.

Vaan

Quote from: Kaijyuu on October 22, 2014, 02:30:26 pm
They did a decent job of making Cloud fit. I never thought it too anomalous that he was there.

²
"    One of these days I'll fly an airship of my own. I'll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will.    ,,
   ~ Vaan

Angel

I just thought it was shameless that they included Cloud, but allowed it. Luso and Balthier were just freaking dumb.

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

Elric

Quote from: Kaijyuu on October 22, 2014, 02:30:26 pm

Thirded

Angel

Personally, I think Journey of the Five did a better job of introducing Cloud to Ivalice, even if it is a reintroduction. At least there, it's backed up by multiple anomalies that make it totally acceptable and not at all shameless fanservice. The only more suspect cameo I can think of is Dante in Nocturne, but that was cool enough to not even care that it was absurd. And yeah, there were demons, so it kinda made sense, just... very what.

But really... I'd have liked it more if Cloud was an unused debug character locked out of the main game, but discovered to be fully usable by hackers - like Balmafula, just with a full skill set. It's not that they did a bad job of putting him in, just the fact they put him in at all. Why not other characters? I'd have rather they used Gilgamesh instead. Would have been a great opportunity to introduce him as a dimension-crossing lunatic, instead of as a random GF in VIII.

Either way, Balthier is from a totally different timeline, and Luso is from a world where Ivalice is a children's book. I love Balthier and still think he has no place in FFT. Don't get me started on Luso. They at least created a scenario where Cloud could be there, but just totally dropped the ball on Balthier and Luso.

Kaijyuu

FFTA2 is more hazy on whether it's "really" Ivalice. The world is shown to have permanence without Luso or his silly book.

This fact doesn't explain Luso's presence in WotL any better though.

skiploom188

The NAVIGATION MESSAGE! My muscle memory is now hardwired on pressing the circle button for it. When I turn it off I still always end up pressing more circle buttons ruining my plays. The navigation is useful for newcomers but I can't break the cycle from pressing... many... circle buttons...

Turning it off can really save my time, but it screws up the way I command the game when it's turned off so I'm stuck with ON!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

Vaan

Quote from: Kaijyuu on October 23, 2014, 12:31:30 am
FFTA2 is more hazy on whether it's "really" Ivalice. The world is shown to have permanence without Luso or his silly book.

This fact doesn't explain Luso's presence in WotL any better though.

Well Luso met Montblanc, Hurdy, Vaan, Penelo and Al-Cid so I think he actually went to real Ivalice, but then his teacher is Mewt and said about his book taking him to Ivalice too, but Mewt went to dream Ivalice and that just made me confuse.

Luso and Balthier in WotL was weird for me cuz Luso opened his book and appeared there for no apparent reason and says he lost his clan, while Balthier, at least for me, is from a more futuristic Ivalice based of FFXII's technology with the airships and shit and where there are more races, not just humes  (Luso's Ivalice also having it).
   ~ Vaan

kyozo22

Quote from: Vaan on October 25, 2014, 02:14:06 pm
while Balthier, at least for me, is from a more futuristic Ivalice based of FFXII's technology with the airships and shit and where there are more races, not just humes  (Luso's Ivalice also having it).

The FFXII Ivalice is supposed to be in the past by roughly 1000 years or so, hence there being no other races in FFT. There were all supposedly wiped out by "A great cataclysm", leaving the Humes as the sole surviving race.

Could make a pretty sweet story mod if done right.
  • Modding version: WotL

Angel

I don't think a mod could properly depict that event. I don't even want to see anyone other than Matsuno himself write, produce, and direct it.

Vaan

Yes Kyozo's right i remember now, although it saddens me that not only the non-hume races died, but Ivalice aswell since there has been no game in there in forever.
   ~ Vaan

Eternal

FFTA's Ivalice is a dream of sorts- an alternate Ivalice based on the real thing, but isn't actually the real thing. FFTA2's Ivalice -is- the real thing, taking place five-or-so years after FFXII. Basically, Mewt went to Fake Ivalice, Luso went to Real Ivalice.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817