• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:57:22 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

reinoe

March 21, 2014, 12:22:14 am #3140 Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 01:02:28 am by reinoe
Quote from: silentkaster on March 20, 2014, 07:11:55 pm
Thanks for the request TrueLight!

The main purpose was to see how Bahamut worked in battle. I chose tanqz as the opposer because of their defensiveness and evasion and their general ability to stay alive despite damage. I liked the AOE and the damage though. I might use it soon in a team.

Farewell, Flying Dragons.

This was a decent match.  Flying Dragons had unevadable damage via jumps.  Priest had decent ways to restore her MP via MOVE MP UP and Carbunkle.  Otabo's Monk was a tank.

I need to make sure "element Tanq" has best compate with "Hit Tanq" and "Status Tanq".

CHEERS-Repel Knife being an MVP vs units that don't resist Don't Act.
CHEERS-MASAMUNE GIVING HASTE AND CAUSING JUMPS TO MISS.
CHEERS-"DAMAGE TANK" living up to her name like a boss.

JEERS-"Hit Tanks" performance in match one.  He's willing to hit a priest while she's sleeping but he's not willing to attack a helpless Lancer with 3hp to end the match.  WTF?
JEERS-WITCH HUNT not mattering despite the long matches.  But I'd still rather have that than slow dance.  I have too much bad luck with that.

gg Otabo.  Thanks for the match Truelight.
My dreams can come true!

Leif1991

Thank you TrueLight.
GG Barren, that Ninja was the MVP of your team. I don't know how I pulled through the match, especially when the AI was incredibly dumb.
Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

silentkaster

March 23, 2014, 04:24:57 pm #3143 Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 05:21:59 pm by silentkaster
Here are some matches I would love to see when a recorder gets time :)

Reinoe's Help! Here Come B'Airs vs. Malroth's Going Nowhere
silentkaster's Taboo Topics vs. FormerDeathCorp's Left overs
Domie V's Two Hands vs. TrueLight's Tank and Slash
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Reks

Had a team idea, then distraction, and it got away. I'll find it eventually, I hope.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

CT5Holy

March 23, 2014, 07:10:10 pm #3145 Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 05:24:17 pm by CT5Holy
I'll take silentkaster's Taboo Topics vs fdc's Leftovers

EDIT: Here it is! http://youtu.be/m-WhJS1Jfh4

EDIT: FFT Arena 138d - Leif1991 (Famous Rivers) vs Otabo (Level 99 Chocobos)
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Otabo

I'm so retarded for running Time Mage, and even more retarded for running both Haste 2 & Slow 2 + Raise 2, even knowing how AI whores haste. Also, surprised that the squire didn't go for more Southern Crosses (when he wasn't babysitting that time mage, anyway). Overall, that team just feels...I dunno...weird to me; time mage is definetly getting axed, and the dancer needs more damage options. GG, Leif.

silentkaster

Thanks for the video CT5Holy!

Yeah, I was pretty sure my team was going down due to enemy team's speed and offense. I wanted to see how it faired against a team with significant speed and auto potion. Archer and Lancer don't do enough to make up for the auto potion healing. Still, nice to know. Probably will scrap the team, ultimately as it is similar to my Four Seasons team, but I think that team fares much better in general and may have stood a chance against FDC. But GG :)

Leif1991

Back to the drawing board.. oh well, GG Otabo.

Eternal

Requesting a battle against one of Silentkaster's team- any will do surprise me. :D
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Reks

Quote from: Eternal on March 24, 2014, 10:55:07 pm
Requesting a battle against one of Silentkaster's team- any will do surprise me. :D

So you're back in it, Et? Good to have you.

Leif1991

GG, Malroth.
Berserk procs saved my team those last two rounds.

Zotis

May I request a match with my Excuse Me, Who Are You? team?  I'm not particular on who against, I just want to see them in action so I know what to work on.

Barren

I haven't done any arena matches in over a week so I can take over for a bit this weekend. I just need to get the updates on the teams when I get out of work then I'm ready to go
You dare cross blades with me?

Reks

I'm up, if you don't mind. Wanna see if Instruments needs any tweaking.

silentkaster

Are FFT Arena withdrawls a real thing? If so, I am having them :P

Barren

March 31, 2014, 09:49:02 pm #3157 Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 07:07:03 am by Barren
Back from the dead. Sorry about the other two videos. With youtube's new format you would have to publish the video before as you upload them. What a bunch of jerks to do this to us. Anyways they should watchable now

FFT Arena 1.38d - Zotis (Excuse Me, Who Are You?) vs reinoe (Going Greek)

FFT Arena 1.38d - Eternal (Innuendo) vs silentkaster (Drawn Together)

FFT Arena 1.38d - Reks (Instruments of War) vs TrueLight (Tank and Slash)
You dare cross blades with me?

Reks

April 01, 2014, 12:21:01 pm #3158 Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 05:02:32 pm by Reks
Quote from: Barren on March 31, 2014, 09:49:02 pm
Back from the dead. Sorry about the other two videos. With youtube's new format you would have to publish the video before as you upload them. What a bunch of jerks to do this to us. Anyways they should watchable now

FFT Arena 1.38d - Zotis (Excuse Me, Who Are You?) vs reinoe (Going Greek)

FFT Arena 1.38d - Eternal (Innuendo) vs silentkaster (Drawn Together)

FFT Arena 1.38d - Reks (Instruments of War) vs TrueLight (Tank and Slash)

When you mentioned they still had Heretic I facepalmed. I forgot to change that on them, but I was just as surprised when they DID use Quickening.

Those Cursed Rings initially worried me, but the Bards did their jobs well, and round 1 even had one of the Squires being slain without his ring stolen.

GG, Truelight! Your team is really good, I just had the right counters and too much damage to overpower.

Sorry, forgot to thank you, Barren. And despite that anomaly of the bards using Quickening regardless, I'll change Heretic to Steal Heart.

silentkaster

Thanks Barren!
Nice match, Eternal. It was pretty back and forth, but your team had a lot more staying power. I guess that's why I don't use those classes...ugh just not what I look for most of the time. Anyway, gg :)