• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:42:26 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[EFFECT] Ice

Started by lirmont, September 01, 2012, 06:38:22 am

lirmont

This is a joint effort between Lijj and myself. Lijj made a sprite sheet of ice assets, and I combined them into an effect, editable in my sprite animation program and usable by Tethical's engine. Enjoy the eye candy.

(base effect: ice-cubes only animation)

Sprite Animator

Tethical

Tethical (debug)

MiKeMiTchi

Not a fan of the scattered noise but blending and structure looks nice. Good job, both of you. ;)
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Lijj

September 01, 2012, 07:09:35 pm #2 Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 07:36:50 pm by Lijj
Sweet! I do like the way the blue particles move after the ice breaks up.
Here's one sans blue noise Mike:
I think it would look good with a more misty/ frosty, semi translucent particle effect.
As for ice two and three .. coming soonish
And whoops I didn't see that Lirmont had already linked the ice-only effect  :oops:
Also what do you guys think of an evil ice 3?
(RGB mockup):
  • Modding version: PSX

lirmont

As for explaining the shroud, I put the shroud in as a tie-in to the theme/build-up to the face in the 3rd effect. The face seems ghostly/supernatural, and so (without putting the face into the first effect) the shroud will tie the first effect to the theme of the third effect. I don't know yet what I will do to tie the second effect in yet (which is not made at the moment), but the third effect will be reminiscent of the spewing out of the eye in the Night Sword effect (where the mouth of the face will spew a stream of blue onto the target).

Lijj

Can Ice 2 be similar to Ice one but with maybe 4 big chunks of ice falling into a target from different aerial angles?.. ground shaking a tad in-game would be nice for Ice2 and 3 if possible too.
  • Modding version: PSX