• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:16:09 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Another Novice with a few questions about hacking

Started by Aiolon, June 13, 2015, 09:43:09 am

Aiolon

hello after finishing PW, CCP, Jot5 (like 5 times now) and CoP i got enough inspiration to make my own patch but i think the best thing for a beginner like me was to make a patch using Vanilla original Jobs and sprites

so far i have changed things for a balance, added-removed skills from jobs, changed all equipment to be balanced and not linear (thank you Eternal for this i loved that of parted ways) killed move find item because i hated that and set the poachings BUT!

i ran into some things i can't figure out maybe im blind or simply a total noob but thats why i ask for help ._.

so im at the point where i want to change stuff for battles and i can't get rid of things here...

1. How do i change battle rewards (Gil, war trophies)? i cant find this anywhere and i want to make sure i dont get rich after 2 or 3 battles
considering the shop prices had been set maybe i should have started with that oops

2.i tried playing with effects and after messing up a few things i prefer to stay away from them but some items i changed have an odd animation effect and i would like to be sure on how to change them before crashing my game again.
lets say i have an item (Lunar curtain) that adds shell but the item slot i used was Antidote so the animation is the same of antidote of course. if i want it to be shell do i need to mark all the [] that the spell has onto the Animation of Antidote? asking because last time i tried something similar and crashed my game whenever i used the item.

3.is there an ASM to add fur shop in chapter 1?i couldnt find it in orgASM i would love to have it in chapter 1

thats all the questions i have right now and i know the 3rd question has probably been asked like 5 times before but im lazy D: sorry im still nub ;l
in advance thanks for answers c:
  • Modding version: PSX
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

Jumza

Quote from: Aiolon on June 13, 2015, 09:43:09 am
1. How do i change battle rewards (Gil, war trophies)? i cant find this anywhere and i want to make sure i dont get rich after 2 or 3 battles
considering the shop prices had been set maybe i should have started with that oops

The amount of gil each unit gives by killing them in the battle is set at the bottom of their info in the ENTD. I believe there is an asm hack that halves the amount of gil that battles give you normally (I have no idea how the game calculates the gil that shows up from the counter thing. Bonus money on the bottom from killing guys is just that, the bonus money.)

2.i tried playing with effects and after messing up a few things i prefer to stay away from them but some items i changed have an odd animation effect and i would like to be sure on how to change them before crashing my game again.
lets say i have an item (Lunar curtain) that adds shell but the item slot i used was Antidote so the animation is the same of antidote of course. if i want it to be shell do i need to mark all the [] that the spell has onto the Animation of Antidote? asking because last time i tried something similar and crashed my game whenever i used the item.

I think you are messing up spell animations vs unit animations. The animations tab is for what the unit does while using the ability, make sure that it is still the same boxes / numbers as the other items or you'll get weird stuff going on (I mean, feel free to experiment though). The spell animation is set on the ability page, changing this should not cause glitches (to my knowledge).

3.is there an ASM to add fur shop in chapter 1?i couldnt find it in orgASM i would love to have it in chapter 1

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10392.0;topicseen

Even if you are as lazy as everyone else here, don't forget you can still search for keywords and such related to your problems in the top right corner :P

Have fun!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Aiolon

June 13, 2015, 11:17:32 am #2 Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 07:35:00 pm by Aiolon
:O! Thanks jum I KNEW I WAS BLIND.. did not see that scrollbar in ENTD until you told me ...derp

as for the item effect i think i leave it as it is. trying to change effect on items its only allowed to change the effect for other items (odd i think its because of the item the character throws or pull out when using an item) and yeah i think i understand how the animations tab work now.

i knew someone asked about fur shop before chapter 3

Thank you very much!!!
thanks to this now i understand why it takes so long to make a patch and im only changing basic stuff not messing with sprites or events heck im only changing item functions and descriptions and it takes forever.

EDIT: ok got stuck with something. So im trying to add buffs to staves on hit because i want staves to be supportive not only they restore HP but they are supposed to add a set buff... well supposed because its not working
i have tested it and it heals on hit as intended but it doesnt add buff, i opened celdia's patch because i remembered she used a book that could heal and add reraise so i found it and noticed im doing the very same thing she did but with the difference that mine are not working.. truth is im trying to do this myself but i really have no idea on how to make this work so i have to ask to the pros, any ideas on what to do to make the damn buffs work?
i would really apreciate it.

strange thing is that when set to ALL or nothing with debuffs they work but buffs nope nope.
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.