• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:38:47 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Reflex or Strikeback

Started by OmegaPantherz, October 13, 2014, 09:17:12 pm

OmegaPantherz

Does anyone know the difference between reflex and strike back. I know both abilities make you dodge basic attacks, but strike also counters.
is there a particular reason why i would chose reflex over strike back

Jumza

I believe they are race specific? Like Viera get Reflex and Humans get Strikeback (at least that makes sense to me, if all races have access to both maybe you just get reflex earlier than strikeback, or it costs less to learn)
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

formerdeathcorps

Reflex = all physical attacks designating your unit as the target has 0% accuracy
Strikeback = all physical attacks within weapon range designating your unit as the target are preempted by your weapon's attack
REturn Fire = all ranged physical attacks designating your unit as the target are shot back at the attacker
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Jumza

Thanks for the info FDC :P

Also, please don't post non-hacking related stuff here. It kind of clogs up the board
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

bcrobert

FDC on the FFTA board? :o

On topic: Reflex > Strikeback because arrows and bullets exist.

Reflex is available to every race except moogles.
Strikeback is available to humans and bangaa.
(Moogles are therefore terrible.)
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.