• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:48:24 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Dinosaur's Animations - On Hold.

Started by dinosaur, April 13, 2011, 12:55:54 am

dinosaur

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on April 19, 2011, 10:34:42 am
I can't see the second video, do you have a link to it?

I'm surprised you can't eliminate screen darkening.  I don't remember, but do all the swordskills do that?

I cannot put it in a spoiler, weird. I seems the swordskills do that those flashes. Sadface. Nothing we can do about it now.

Celdia

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

dinosaur

April 21, 2011, 10:43:33 pm #22 Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 10:52:38 pm by dinosaur
Wateraga v1 E257
Animation = Finshing Touch, Color Palette = Silence

dinosaur

April 21, 2011, 10:47:57 pm #23 Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 02:51:19 am by dinosaur
E257 = Mini Tornado

Alternation to the Finishing Touch Effect

Eternal

Oooh, I really like Tornado! I'll have to use it somewhere!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

dinosaur

Quakaga E068 (Removal of Titan Sprite)

Quakaga v1 = More visible rocks

Quakaga v2 = Cool lil animation before the rocks lift up and more dust

The Damned

I must concur with the others: this is quite good work you're doing, dinosaur. Thank you. And I say that even though thus far the only ones that I might actually use are the very initial heart one and perhaps the Eye Only Night Sword, which would then necessitate Night Sword without the eye I suppose.

Of the most recent entries, I'm going to assume that Tornado video was the slowed down version of the effect, correct? Also, I personally like the second iteration of the "Quakaga" spell much better than the first one. That might just be me.

I'm tempted to ask for some things given what Pickle Girl Fanboy brought up, but this is another area that I wanted to at least attempt to learn to do the most basic parts myself. Besides, I still need to go through all of R999's videos, especially with my memory continually failing me.

Would it be okay to consult you if I require any help though down the road?

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on April 18, 2011, 01:38:03 pm
Do we have good animations for Aero, Water, Quake, and their -ara and -aga aspects?

Yeah, this is a problem, though I would argue that it's greater more for the most basic effects surprisingly compared to the more grandiose ones.

Also, Quake already technically exists, but I'm sure you knew that.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

dinosaur

April 22, 2011, 12:01:34 am #27 Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 12:15:58 am by dinosaur
@TheDamned:

Use whatever you want, some effects are silly but I still want to show them.

The slow down is my computer. All the effect will run like normal.

Yes, please consult with me with anything you want :)

There are Water1,2,3 effects that Zozma made, I will look for them and post it here (of course given credit to Zozma)

Celdia

You've been busy, dino. I like those edits. ^_^

Also, a good piece of Zozma's edits are here, in Site Submissions: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=408.msg135520#msg135520

You should pack all yours up into one file maybe and put a post there.

dinosaur

April 22, 2011, 01:07:13 am #29 Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 01:28:26 am by dinosaur
E031 = Psychic Abilities

Psychic v1
Animation = Flare, color palette = customized

Psychic v2 (Cleaner version)
Animation = Flare, Color Palette = Eusna

The Holy Flare is taking longer then expected, hopefully soon.

Pride

Wow! Some of these are fantastic! I love the Tornado, Wateraga, and Quakaga effects. I'll have to fit these in ^_^
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Tea

mini-tornado v2 gives me the feeling of a waterfall more than a tornado with clouds, but that's kind of nice :> Also very nice how flare looks really confusing with them circles floating around, really good job on that.

Arganthonius7

Keep up the good work, these are great animations!

Eternal

Could I get a green paletted version of Split Punch please? I need it for Wiegraf for Parted Ways. Thanks!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Mando

Actually I do have a request.

Make Space Storage (rafa's) use the palette from Diamond Sword.

Make Diamond Sword have a blue/green palette.... or anything that would be ICE blue looking colors.(maybe the colors from hydragon pit may work?)

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

dinosaur

Quote from: Eternal248 on April 24, 2011, 02:56:54 pm
Could I get a green paletted version of Split Punch please? I need it for Wiegraf for Parted Ways. Thanks!

E164 = Green Split Punch

Animation = Split Punch, Palette= Custom

E171 Icewolf Punch

Animation = Icewolf Punch, Palette= Bio 2

Pierce

These are all really good. I particularly like the Green Icewolf Bite one. I feel like the green Split Punch looks odd though, it doesn't look very refined. Keep up the good work though, these look freaking awesome.
Ignorance itself is a crime! - Miluda

Celdia

Tried my own version of the Split Punch. Only uploading #2 from the video right now, by request. If someone wants the others I'll add them later.