• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Final Fantasy Hacktics Growth and Random Ideas

Started by Archael, May 21, 2009, 06:45:03 pm

Cheetah

May 31, 2009, 02:54:03 am #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Yeah there are lots of things that mediocre or beginner hackers could help decipher with just some simple hex editing and testing. I guess we could start a thread in the hacking section or something, but it is just hard to organize information like that.
Current Projects:

LastingDawn

May 31, 2009, 06:33:33 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
I don't understand it... I've had minimal experience with any such thing (some dabbling in Zelda 64) with this small amount of knowledge and hardly any hex know how I've managed to start a rather large project, all it took was a bit of knowledge around the editors. That is All you need. If something is unknown and can be poked at with an editor then pry at it. I've done just that and have found a few things along the way.

We have an incredible text editor, fantastic game editor, a better then average (better then the Japanese anyhow...) event editor, and even a slight ASM instant change program. What more could an aspiring modder be looking for! I say get your feet wet, start small then proceed onto larger things. The only thing one really needs is sprite editing skills, which is unfortunately something most of us sorely lack.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Smash

May 31, 2009, 09:16:44 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smash
Only thing one really needs, heh.
I, that excel on the graphical side, got all my modding options severely limited due to lack of knowledge.. Or perhaps because I haven't gotten into it seriously yet.

Modding with tools like FFpacher and shishi is extremely easy, which is why I want to get into the advanced stages of it. Yet, I know shit on where to start.

But seriously guys, on another topic, one thing that should be focused on and developed should be the maps area. IMO it should be prioritized over anything right now; just the thought of changing the tile textures would be a breakthrough in itself.. The possibilities range from completely changing the game's art style or to any mayor edits one would wish.

Zozma

May 31, 2009, 10:18:53 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
deep dungeon with lava....
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Cheetah

May 31, 2009, 10:37:32 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Have you seen the stuff that Gomtuu has done with map editing Smash? There is a lot of editing that you can do in that area already. It is just really complicated and hard...
Current Projects: