• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Patch Proposals/Ideas Thread

Started by Dominic NY18, February 14, 2009, 01:59:21 pm

Asmo X

My god. A story hack that actually stands a chance.

fluke84

Putting the FF1 patch on the backburner for the time being because I've been working for weeks on it and need a breather from that project...

In the meantime, I've been brainstorming for ways to make a vanilla-based patch that adds some fun and difficulty to the game with a new twist. One idea I've been toying with is to treat the elements more realistically. Here's some of the concepts I've come up with so far (didn't see anyone else with a similar idea so here's hoping no one has already posted this)...

- metal items give wearer weakness to lightning (ie. armor, helmets)
- non-metal items give wearer weakness to fire (ie. clothing, robes)
- ice & wind element attacks have chance to add slow
- earth element attacks have chance to add don't move
- water element attacks don't do anything different yet...

If anyone has some suggestions on how to expand this I'd much appreciate it.
  • Modding version: PSX
I'm back...

Pickle Girl Fanboy

You could try Saiyuki: Journey West's elemental system, which is based on Chinese mythology and Tai Chi.

Croix

Just a random idea I had kicking around my skull, may have already been thought of but here goes...

I see a considerable amount of Final Fantasy VII characters that have been sprited for use on FFT. I was thinking of making a storyline featuring the characters, with Cloud as the main character of course... Kind of, have the intro being the team being transported to FFTs  world and scattered across Ivalice. Some of the characters are corrupted by the Zodiac Stones (I was thinking Barret and Yuffie) Others die, such and such. Featuring new weapons (granted you can re sprite the weapons palette) to accomodate the weapons of each unique character, Secret Characters (Zack, Vincent, Lucrecia) New storyline completely. new boss for the Deep Cave (Hojo, Jenova and Sephiroth)  New abilities and even Perhaps Secret Abilities for Vincent (transforming into the Zodiac Monsters)

If this is a cool idea, let me know :)

theultrawolf

here's an idea: making fft into ffta, complete with the missions cycle, and law and judge system.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Arganthonius7

I have three different storyline ideas for my patch, but I can't decide.

1:Isilud's Tale: Isilud has to stop Ramza and Alma from summoning Altima.

2:Path of Thunder: Orlandeau, Balbanes, and (ramza's mom) go on a mission to stop an insane mage from destroying the world.

3: Evil Alliance: The bad guys team up to stop an archangel from eliminating all evil.

Please help me decide between them.

Dominic NY18

With a dedicated sub-forum for people to make topics dedicated to specific mod ideas and proposals, this thread is kind of redundant now.

This thread has had a good run and served its purpose, but it's time for it to say goodbye.