• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:02:31 pm

Assistance with WotL on PC

Started by Windless, August 11, 2018, 08:40:56 pm

Windless

Hello! First to preface, I do own all versions of FFT. I'm just trying to play it in a different place.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I figured you guys would know the most about working with FFT in general.

I'd really like to get WotL working on my PC, but the PSP version is terribly blurry and just not playable. I don't know much about this but I guess it's due to resolution issues? I don't want to play it in a tiny window if I can help it.

As for the mobile version, does anyone know how to use a controller? I've tried, but since it uses all touch controls I just can't figure it out.

Thanks for your help.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Nyzer

I've never seen any PC issues. Everything resizes appropriately on any emulators I've used.

As for mobile, just download a mobile emulator and play the PSP version there.

Nax

What you mean by blurry is probably bilinear/bicubic interpolation.

In PPSSPP, go to Settings, set Texture Filtering to Nearest, Screen Scaling to Nearest and disable Texture Scaling (not sure of the settings exact names, my emulator is not in english).

Windless

That did it.

The #1 advice I got was to increase texture scaling, but when I decreased it and set the other two to nearest, it all came into focus. I can increase scaling a little optionally now (it will buffer .5 sec) but text remains readable.

thanks for your help!