• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:58:26 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Enemy Formation Editor.

Started by DeSgeretjin, May 13, 2018, 06:10:03 am

DeSgeretjin

Now added to my text editor.
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11989.0

Unfortunately I couldn't find the reference to the name of the battles in the formation data so you'd have to look those up manually.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Zeke_Aileron

May 13, 2018, 07:27:36 am #1 Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 09:34:12 am by Zeke_Aileron
Looking up the formations should be easy since they're in Lennart's spreadsheets, Nevertheless keep up the amazing work, these editors really do help us modders out a lot. :D

Edit of my Edit: Actually nevermind, i went through Lennart's notes again to find the actual spots for them, unfortunately it did break all my formations for the mod i've been working on, so it has set me back a bit, but it should make the process of looking through Lennart's sheet to fix the formations quicker, the editor is still great.
  • Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606

Eternal

May 14, 2018, 06:55:43 pm #2 Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 07:19:07 pm by Eternal
This is incredible. Great job! Thanks to this tool, I'll be able to update FFTA2GG faster than anticipated- and with enemy formation changes! Again, great work, and thank you so much!

EDIT: Would either of you know how to make an enemy's level scale with the player's using this editor? I feel like there were definitely battles where enemy levels scaled, but I can't seem to find what it would be.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Zeke_Aileron

May 14, 2018, 08:20:15 pm #3 Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 05:09:34 pm by Zeke_Aileron
Quote from: Eternal on May 14, 2018, 06:55:43 pm
This is incredible. Great job! Thanks to this tool, I'll be able to update FFTA2GG faster than anticipated- and with enemy formation changes! Again, great work, and thank you so much!

EDIT: Would either of you know how to make an enemy's level scale with the player's using this editor? I feel like there were definitely battles where enemy levels scaled, but I can't seem to find what it would be.

I recommend using a Hex Calculator to find the exact Hex for the Enemy Level because the editor requires the Hex and doesn't take numbers quite well, for example:

i have the min level set to 8, but the max level set to 4B which is 75 since my level cap for my mod is set to 75.

So for this case, if you're using level 99 as the max level it'll be 63.

I've attached a few text files, one containing the level caps in Hex if you need access to them much quicker than the calculator, that and you helped me in the past when i started out.  :)

Eternal

Thanks, Zeke! It's possible I'm not being clear, but I mean making enemy levels scale. So basically, if your party is level 80, the enemy would be level 80. Is that possible with what we have at the moment?

DeS, if it's of any help, here's a list of each formation's name:

https://pastebin.com/gDTXEnyS
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Bonesy

#shotsfired but i don't know why in all your hacks you insist upon making things scale, Eternal

it's dumb
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Eternal

It's so that you have to actually use a mote of skill to win, rather than just overlevel. #returnfire

Bonesy

Except what if the person likes to grind to fill time? What then?
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Eternal on May 15, 2018, 09:28:07 pm
Thanks, Zeke! It's possible I'm not being clear, but I mean making enemy levels scale. So basically, if your party is level 80, the enemy would be level 80. Is that possible with what we have at the moment?

You can also use the Level Hexes as Minimal level scales as well, but it'll be weird though if you do that, like for an example i did make a formation the 4B for Minimal Level and 4B for Max Level, it'll make that formations enemies all level 75 regardless of what your Clan's average levels are, so it'll be really unbalanced and very unfortunate to the player if they reached that formation fight with units lower than that, lol....

For what you want isn't really possible since enemies scale with the whole average levels of your Clan members, so if you have 6 99's you use consistently, but have 12+ level 30's or so, the max levels of enemies that scale is generally going to be around levels 50-55 in Normal Mode, and levels 65-72 in Hard Mode with a cap of level 99(63 in Hex).

So if you want all your enemies to be level 80, you'll have to make all your Clan members level 80, even the members you almost never use as well, hopefully this helped.

DeSgeretjin

Found a typo in the code that result in some formations being broken, most noticeably brightmoon tor.
This happened because the byte for faction isn't updated with the correct value.
I wrote a patcher that should fix broken formations.
Assuming that factions isn't changed, writing over with the correct faction data from a fresh rom would fix things.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: DeSgeretjin on May 16, 2018, 09:40:07 am
Found a typo in the code that result in some formations being broken, most noticeably brightmoon tor.
This happened because the byte for faction isn't updated with the correct value.
I wrote a patcher that should fix broken formations.
Assuming that factions isn't changed, writing over with the correct faction data from a fresh rom would fix things.

So i was right about the formations breaking lol.