• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:03:25 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFTA2 Redesigned (Rebalanced and Difficult Hack with new Jobs and Abilities)

Started by Rfh, August 22, 2015, 09:19:24 am

jugcas1

Quote from: Suffulge on June 04, 2018, 08:22:53 pm
Sorry for the necro, but it would feel like claiming this mod as my own if I were to start a topic. Thanks to Rfh for making such a wonderful mod!
I've been playing this mod quite a lot lately, and I love the changes. I love the crushingly strong monsters, I love the new skills, and I love getting rid of raise spells.
There seems to be a renewed interest in modding FFTA2, and I want to do my small part. With all the tools that are available, a novice like me can mod and even bugfix. For these changes, I've used Lennart's ability and job editors, and I've used bcrobert's equipment nightmare module. Instructions for patching are the same as in the OP.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, this mod doesn't seem to be compatible with DeSgeretjin's text editor because I always get "Size Error," "Size of ability name exceeded." I will not be diving into the hex to edit enemy formations. Sorry about that. Similar story with equipment loot except there's no tool for it.

Changelog:
Bugs:
  • Fixed Tonberry AI. They have 3 move as Rfh intended, so they probably don't need any more buffs.

• Triple Edge should now trigger Counter.

• Changed the following abilities to be affected by Silence: Sandstorm, Dark Void, Thunder Flare. (I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended behavior, but it strikes me as way too weird. I left others alone, like Banish and Knowledge.)

Quality of life:
  • Changed Ninja to only require 3 thief skills.

Personal taste:

• Changed Cockatrice's and Cluckatrice's move to 4 (was 3). 3 move on melee units is bad.

• Changed unmounted Chocobo Knight's move to 4 (was 3). They have no skills, and other spear-wielding jobs get 4 move now.

• Changed Illusionist's Prominence, Tempest, and Freezeblink to do normal damage (was half). For my taste, 20% as strong as the basic Black Mage skills was too much of a nerf, even at 20 MP. Now they're 40%. Yes, that's up to 2.4x as much damage dealt to all your foes, but more damage on a single target is better in most cases anyway. All other Illusionist skills do at least 2x as much as these three skills.

• Changed Sniper's Sky Arrow to do normal damage (was half) with 6 range (was 7). I'm happy for it to be better than Take Aim since it costs 10 MP.

• Changed Spellblade's magick growth to 8 (was 7) because I think Viera ought to get at least one mixed job, and Spellblade makes sense as an advanced job.

• Changed the blood sword to 42 attack (was 30) because I like it. (Gale Sword also has 42 attack, but it is wind element and gives +5 speed as well, which seems like a fair trade to me.)

Hey man. I have a problem. I used your patch to a US version but the skills like sharpen sword and stinger(from fencer that causes poison) just does normal damage and no other effect. I tried to patch it many times, i even used the original version of redesigned but still no luck. Can you give me a tip on how to properly patch? Thanks!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown