• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:10:45 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

All FFTA character sprites [Resource]

Started by Leonarth, January 08, 2019, 09:26:36 am

Leonarth

As part of my job/ability assignation rework thing (which is honestly growing into a much bigger thing than I imagined) I'm messing with vanilla animations, trying to reduce the tile count so we can have more units at once.
So far I managed to get human sized units down to 14 from 16, I aim to go for 12, but that's not what I'm here for:

I grew tired of exporting and reassembling the animations by hand so this morning I wrote a script to do just that for me.

I attached a zip that includes all the sprites I could rip, there were some issues with weapons, I guess there's something different about them.
The sheets are separated into 64x64 cells, they have no outlines though so if you want to see that you'll have to use some program like Usenti or Aseprite to set a grid.
Only one palette is included in the images but I also included a second .rar that has an image with all 3 palettes, the special ones (such as Totema palettes) are missing though.

Right now there isn't a huge ammount you can do with these, other than edit them, but I plan to release a way to insert them in the future too, similar to how I inserted the hunter gria.

You'll notice that water animations are on their own sheets, that's because those are actually different animations with their own IDs, you can change those by changing the second value under "Unknown Values" in the Sprites/Unknown tab of the Job Editor in AIO.

If you notice anything wrong with the sheets (other than they all using the blue palette) please let me know.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown