• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:35:03 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

A few questions

Started by YurrickLavada, October 11, 2018, 12:19:51 am

YurrickLavada

October 11, 2018, 12:19:51 am Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 12:51:15 am by YurrickLavada
Apologizes if these questions have already been answered, I'm new to the hacking/editing thing and I'm fairly lost. (Step by step would help as I'm kinda slow)

So I have the FFTPatcher pack, I was able to change the sprites around as i wished. But I do not know how to...

A. Change base job, namely Ramza's Squire to Paladin (for Beatrix) or add a new job if necessary.

B. Add/rename new abilities (again for Beatrix's Seiken skillset and skills)

Basically, I want to make Ramza into beatrix from FFIX and while the Sprite Editor had a tutorial I could follow, the Patcher... doesn't so I got lost and I don't want to break the game :(

Also, I used the FFTacText to change the names of some blank skills but it doesn't reflect in the patcher, although it's highly likely I messed up
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

You have to edit the names in resources.zip if you want it reflected visually in the patcher..

YurrickLavada

Ok so i did that and now I'm getting this after changing Accumulate in the Guts skillset to Stasis Sword (as a test) and this was the only change.

YurrickLavada

As it currently stands, I can't edit anything in the FFTPatcher (everything from the FFTacText works perfectly though)

3lric

Do you have the image loaded in tactext or shishi when trying to edit it in fftp? Dont do that

YurrickLavada

I do not, but I changed the stuff in tactext first, should i reverse the order?

Here's what i'm doing in order

>Editted names in TacText (works fine)

>Edit sprites in Shishi (also works fine)

>Uses Patcher, changed Skillset of Guts, got the b0rken thing, changed one skill from Guts, got b0rken thing, then changed NOTHING just to see and I get the b0rken thing.

YurrickLavada

This seems to be a PSX issue as I'm seeing other cases of it online

3lric

A psx issue? That makes no sense. And no, it doesnt matter what order you do those things in. Sounds more like an issue with your OS

Xifanie

I have to agree, it sounds like you're using FFTPatcher in Wine or something through Linux.

If that's not the case... then definitely a problem I've never heard of before and I would try re-downloading the thing.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

YurrickLavada

Regardless, I figured out the root of the problem, I was using save states so whenever I would load a state, I would get the error. When i stopped using them, everything was working. My apologies for consuming your time.

3lric

That doesnt explain why fftp would crash, again, unless you were trying to edit the image, while it was loaded into the emulator or something else.