• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:32:16 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT Patcher on romhacking.net

Started by karsten, January 30, 2008, 11:22:14 am

karsten

January 30, 2008, 11:22:14 am Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 09:28:36 am by Xifanie
my submission of the great work of zodiac and melonhead has been accepted. let's hope more people will head here and help.

karsten

Anonymous

April 23, 2008, 05:42:46 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Anonymous
It might help to post a mission statement/FAQ section on the main page detailing the intention of this project: what is implemented, what is going to be implemented, what is being considered for implementation, history of the project, etc. etc.

What all is being done and why? Is Zodiac attempting a retranslation? A re-balancing? A bug-fixer? Are new characters or classes being added? Are the sprites being altered in a graphical upgrade capacity?

Even after reading through the forums, there are reasons to think both all of these are being done and none of these are being done, which might be scaring off people who might otherwise be interested in a project such as this.

Also, screenshots of implemented changes can't hurt.

NeedsMoreNoise

May 06, 2008, 10:57:55 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by NeedsMoreNoise
SW, one thing about this forum (and perhaps it's best aspect) is that it's made up of lots of different ideas, from different people. There are already screenshots of successful edits. If you're only talking about the patches of the administrators, then I guess I didn't really understand your post.[/i]

Lydyn

May 06, 2008, 11:03:04 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Yeah, I'll admit I wasn't sure what to think either ... there's several different people doing several different patches at the moment. The most public ones are Final Fantasy Tactics v1.2 (found on the main website), VK Patch (which is currently in Alpha Phase and has it's own forum), and Heavenly Chaos (which there's an entire topic devoted to it in New Projects). Most of the other ones are private patches that are being made by people that keep them... well, private and to themselves (though they share ideas and ask for help).