• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:07:07 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Chronosplit's small patches.

Started by Chronosplit, December 12, 2017, 04:26:26 pm

Chronosplit

December 12, 2017, 04:26:26 pm Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 12:25:35 pm by Chronosplit
A few years back I put out a patch for FFTA on RHDN that basically contained a whole lot of the All in One editor's capabilities.  It was me just learning the ropes in hacking and it showed pretty badly.  However, there were bits and pieces of that which could still find some use so I decided to upload a pack of them.  These patches should be useable in most FFTA hacks for those of you who would like a little tweaking to your start, the only exception being those that radically alter starting jobs around (and Hume jobs at all in Marche's case; it would only alter that specific patch however).

Alternate Party: remixes the beginning party in a way that shakes things up a little, but keeps the original's versatility.  I believe it goes like this:
Montblanc>Animist (also edits the tutorial battle with the Bangaas, just to change Montblanc's class and starting gear.)
Bangaa>Warrior
Nu Mou>Black Mage
Viera>White Mage
Human>Archer

Equipment is the best equal I could manage to the original party.  Balance-wise this doesn't really effect much outside of the jobs you can get a tiny bit earlier (for example a Nu Mou has more availability from the Black Mage line than any other race), Dueling Sub requiring you to change jobs for a few days, and Montblanc being more physically oriented than before.

Marche Jobs: sets Marche's Job to what name it states on the patch from the start (any Hume job), but with equipment to match the low level of Marche's original kit.  So the weakest weapon with a class ability is given, Cuirass is switched to Leather Garb/head equipment to replace the shield when it can't be equipped, etc..  Other than that, he basically behaves like any recruited character in that he knows no abilities of any other jobs and you get to basically choose what you want for your starting stats.  A couple of things to note:
-The beginning battle was used to make this change like with Montblanc (you can use both this and Alternate Party at the same time), however the text in this event is unchanged.  This is the only time your job is really ever mentioned, but it only means they mention Swords and Soldiers when they aren't there for the sake of tutorial.  While I would look into changing this, I'd rather compatibility with other patches be a factor in the future.
-Blue Mage also gives you Goblin Punch, because you have no abilities and you'd be getting it in the first scenario anyway.
-Illusionist unfortunately has the Firewheel Rod, due to it being the earliest weapon with an ability attached.  At least Paladin doesn't have a Knightsword...
-For some unknown reason Marche's innate Combo ability is hard to fandangle.  He starts in the tutorial battle with Combat Combo, and keeps it on the map.  However I have also given Marche his class's combo ability, and once you go to his ability menu and choose that Combat Combo goes to the grave (unless you teach it to him as a Soldier later, of course).
  • Modding version: PSX