• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:17:57 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Shintroy

Requesting matches for formerdeathcorps's Faith and B Team. Haven't seen Cover Fire and Holy in a while.
Some day my people will be free.

Reks

Thanks, Mudvayne. Always appreciate commentary, even if you think it's bad.

The skill you couldn't think of was Tsumazuku, by the way.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Reks

Corosar

Quote from: silentkaster on May 28, 2015, 11:25:29 pm
FFT Arena 1.39C- Shintroy (Bag Ladies II) vs. Corosar (Elemental Ravagers)

I... am actually surprised with all the mistakes i made it came so close. Thanks for having me! I would not mind continuing further here! hella exciting and enjoyable to watch the outcomes. but first... may need to do some reworking... i forgot the defense armlet and the black costumes both had fire absorb >.<
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

reinoe

Quote from: Corosar on May 29, 2015, 01:53:29 am
I... am actually surprised with all the mistakes i made it came so close. Thanks for having me! I would not mind continuing further here! hella exciting and enjoyable to watch the outcomes. but first... may need to do some reworking... i forgot the defense armlet and the black costumes both had fire absorb >.<

Great job.  It took me several months just to win my first round and then another couple of months before I won my first match.  Welcome!!
My dreams can come true!

Barren

You dare cross blades with me?

Corosar

Quote from: Barren on May 29, 2015, 01:32:57 pm
Here's some arena matches for Dol

FFT Arena 1.39c Dol

Damn that monk did alot more then i expected still... great commentary and thanks for the advice! I will remember that for when i start figuring out major stuff with tourney teams and not just for the fun of it teams!
Time for a new season!

Shintroy

May 29, 2015, 06:31:06 pm #4188 Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 01:55:35 am by Shintroy
Here's a tool newer players can use to help build teams and units. It has a simulation tab that'll tell you just about anything from throw stone martial arts damage, to Raise 2 hit %.

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8202.0;attach=14590

If that link doesn't work just check out this post.
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8202.msg202303#msg202303

-----------
Bag Gimmick vs Beginner Team
Didn't test this team before releasing it so I didn't expect anything other than experience to get me through this.

R1 - Just Corasar's units needing to spend too many turns healing.

R2 - Typical outcome of any of my teams against AOE. GJ. "Everybody gets one."

R3 - M8. This was so close. If my squire took one more turn getting it I would've lost this. Thank you RNG Gods.

GG. Not bad for a first match. The Grand Cross Paladin is built better than my first grand cross paladin with Chaos Blade. I didn't know of southern cross or darkness protection either. Memories...

Check out the link above Corosar, and maybe this thread for idea on units.
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10852.0

My only advice to making teams is to give it one major strength. Status, Absorb, Speed, Magic, AOE, 100% Damage attacks, Ranged.... Melee...... Maybe all around?

Welcome to FFT Arena Corosar. Not everyone gets their team right on the first try. I know I don't. You'll get there in no time.

Thanks for the quick vid silentkaster. Definetely shoulnd't have made the Dancer have Move-1 for a junk truck, luggage joke. The third build of this team is far less gimmicky. Masamune on a Jump Lancer is definitely a great idea by the way. Should probably add Lancer/masamune to the unit archive.
Stone Gun >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jump, except against projectile guard. Just realized this.

----------------
There's something about berserk MIme that makes them equip abilities as their primary weapons. Regular Mimes with Equip weapon will end up losing their weapons or sharing weapons with other mimes, but berserk Mime?

I'm guessing the mime's wearing layers due to two swords. Never screen a one handed, two hand mime before. I forgot to check to see if the other mime had these items equipped. If he didn't I'm guessing that mime attacking would've unequipped the bugged one.

This is the only thing keeping me from releasing my gunner berserk mime team.

Epic

Thankyou Barren.
My first loss. Secret fist isn't working out so well. Didn't help that my units set themselves up for Dol's monk in round one. I'll make one last revision to my team before submitting it into the tournament.

Reks

Quote from: Shintroy on May 29, 2015, 06:31:06 pm
Here's a tool newer players can use to help build teams and units. It has a simulation tab that'll tell you just about anything from throw stone martial arts damage, to Raise 2 hit %.

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8202.0;attach=14590

If that link doesn't work just check out this post.
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8202.msg202303#msg202303

-----------
Bag Gimmick vs Beginner Team
Didn't test this team before releasing it so I didn't expect anything other than experience to get me through this.

R1 - Just Corasar's units needing to spend too many turns healing.

R2 - Typical outcome of any of my teams against AOE. GJ. "Everybody gets one."

R3 - M8. This was so close. If my squire took one more turn getting it I would've lost this. Thank you RNG Gods.

GG. Not bad for a first match. The Grand Cross Paladin is built better than my first grand cross paladin with Chaos Blade. I didn't know of southern cross or darkness protection either. Memories...

Check out the link above Corosar, and maybe this thread for idea on units.
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10852.0

My only advice to making teams is to give it one major strength. Status, Absorb, Speed, Magic, AOE, 100% Damage attacks, Ranged.... Melee...... Maybe all around?

Welcome to FFT Arena Corosar. Not everyone gets their team right on the first try. I know I don't. You'll get there in no time.

Thanks for the quick vid silentkaster. Definetely shoulnd't have made the Dancer have Move-1 for a junk truck, luggage joke. The third build of this team is far less gimmicky. Masamune on a Jump Lancer is definitely a great idea by the way. Should probably add Lancer/masamune to the unit archive.
Stone Gun >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jump, except against projectile guard. Just realized this.

----------------
There's something about berserk MIme that makes them equip abilities as their primary weapons. Regular Mimes with Equip weapon will end up losing their weapons or sharing weapons with other mimes, but berserk Mime?

I'm guessing the mime's wearing layers due to two swords. Never screen a one handed, two hand mime before. I forgot to check to see if the other mime had these items equipped. If he didn't I'm guessing that mime attacking would've unequipped the bugged one.

This is the only thing keeping me from releasing my gunner berserk mime team.

You don't remember my Pole Dancers much, do you?

Probs not.

Not gonna immediately say that Stone Guns are better (yes, with berserk they're stupidly powerful... And just plain stupid), because Jump can hit far, far harder. And keeps you safe.

Shintroy

Just so you know Epic, there are two or three items in FFT Arena that mess up Death Sentence strategies. Gold Armor and Genji Shield are immune to dead but not death sentence which makes the units with the status have free turns since the AI ignore death sentence units unless they're charging something.

Either way they're rarely used items so don't be discouraged. If you want to run a team with DS then run it.

Elmdork

I'm itching for a fight. Can somebody run a match with intergalactic? Raven king switched the chemist for archer and Mavericks have had archer equip changes since their last match, so I'd be happy to see any of them have a go.

Also hi epic, corosar, fanatic and all you tournament goers. It looks like some of you aren't as green as you seem, especially epic. That's straight up my kind of team, I love em'. Been working extra hours lately so haven't had much time to respond to everything, but I have been catching the games, the mini tournament series has been great.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Epic

@Shintroy I thought it would have been a good out to tanky units, but the AI likes to spam it on everyone. My team isn't tanky enough to sandbag and inflict DS to everyone at the same time, so I opted out for damage instead. My match with Dol made me realize that.

@Rouroni Yeah, I've been watching arena vids off and on for a while, but I didn't realize the tournament was happening until after I submitted my team.

I Wasn't expecting this amount of feedback from everyone. Thankyou all for welcoming me. :mrgreen:

Barren

I'm free today so if anyone wants me to test their teams in a mini-gauntlet please PM me and I will get it done
You dare cross blades with me?

Mudvayne

I'd love testing/analysis on any of my teams that you haven't showcased before. Caster Chix or my newest team Gits N Shiggles would be cool. Caster Chix has been showcased before but only from me so I haven't ever gotten feedback or an analysis on the team from anyone else. Whatever is fine with me.  :mrgreen:

Corosar

Quote from: Barren on June 02, 2015, 03:30:00 pm
FFT Arena 1.39c - dw6561 (Wind Walkers) vs Corosar + Reks (Reksar)

FFT Arena 1.39c - Epic (Death Sentence) vs Mudvayne (Ghit N Shiggles)

FFT Arena 1.39c - Rouroni Elmdor (Intergalatic Real Estate Agents) vs Mudvayne (Caster Chix)

Thanks for hosting the matches Barren! Tarnicce did far better than i expected as i tried to maximize damage instead of going for resistances. the defense armlet was meant for physical increase while having a buff and removing the chance of getting hit with don't move and don't act... the fire absorb was just a small bonus really. i can see what you mean with the oil issue. i think i may stick with this or go for the extra PA of the bracer or the oil resist of the diamond armlet, not sure at the moment. also sorry about the consecration. i lost track of how much JP i had left... fixed that in the team submission! i rather reks comment about their half if they wish though as it is a coop team.

My wizard though i find works just fine for me!~
Time for a new season!

Mudvayne

June 02, 2015, 05:56:59 pm #4198 Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 06:15:55 pm by Mudvayne
Dw vs corosar/reks: 9 min long video with 6 mins of commentary? Uh oh... sorry Dw... that was a blowout. Your commentary made me lol Barren. Unlucky Dw better luck next time.

Me vs epic: round 1 was just super unlucky with death sentence missing. That allowed me to secure the win. Round 2 was closer. GG.

Me vs rouroni: charm owned me in round 1. Round 2 - counter magic bahamut. GG.

Thanks for the matches Barren.

dw6561

Yeah, That was pretty funny how fast that went. It's hard to get it right the first time, I guess.

By the way, my Scholar should have had Fairy and Moogle as well. It must have been a mistake with the way I put it in my post. I also took the advice mentioned but I still have yet to test it, and I'm a little weary about having my ninja less raise 2-able.

• Modding version: PSX
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.