• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

CoP Progress Log, Suggestions & Bugs

Started by Kokojo, May 07, 2010, 08:33:37 am

Xifanie

That bug happens because, either the victory screen is not showing at all, or the portion of the victory that saves the battle changes back to WORLD is not present. Fix? Copy/paste everything in a DarkScreen() from a regular vanilla victory event.
It's not just the items; it's the JP, the experience, the levels, the perma death... all those as if they never happened.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Kokojo

A big thanks Xifanie. Seems all that was missing was a few waitforinstructions, apparently.

Planning a version with most fixed bugs,  to be out next week if I can manage it.

Toshiko.
Only 2 emulators. I admit I could have tried more but it never popped in my head. And the cleanest ISO I could find.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Jumza

Hey man, really great work on chapter 3! I enjoyed it, vicariously through CT5 Holy's playthrough, since I don't have a computer right now, a lot, and I'm excited to play it myself. If I may offer a suggestion or two based on my observations of his videos:

It looked like close to the end of chapter 3 a few of the encounters could have been more difficult. The one with all the clerics and elementalists lead by the squire on top of the mountain seemed easy because they didn't seem to know many skills. The Gospel fight looked great, no criticisms there, but the fight against Venia also seemed quite easy. She just ran away from him after he killed all the pillars and poked for very little damage once or twice. Maybe add more pillars, make them a bit more challenging or actually make the boss a threat herself :P

All in all, great work! I love to see how creative you got with some of the fights, and your map work is awesome (even if it's a little rough around the edges :P)
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Guru

Quote from: Jumza on January 18, 2016, 03:50:56 pm
It looked like close to the end of chapter 3 a few of the encounters could have been more difficult. The one with all the clerics and elementalists lead by the squire on top of the mountain seemed easy because they didn't seem to know many skills. The Gospel fight looked great, no criticisms there, but the fight against Venia also seemed quite easy. She just ran away from him after he killed all the pillars and poked for very little damage once or twice. Maybe add more pillars, make them a bit more challenging or actually make the boss a threat herself :P

I second this. I don't know why I didn't post any thing about the game play in my posts  :oops:. Unfortunately I can't remember how the battles went now  :cry:. I plan on doing another play through once you update with fixes so I'll make sure I remember to post more on the subject.
I do remember the venia battle being WAY too easy. She just ran around like a chicken with its head cut off. I don't think she even attacked me once(could be wrong though). I like jumza's suggestions though. I wouldn't mind seeing some extra pillars or make them more challenging but I'd definitely rather see her be a complete bad ass considering she has a certain very powerful "story item".

Also Gospel battle was badass  =]

Kokojo

Mmmm I had no luck trying to stop the crash so far, but I've also been fairly buzy. Il upload a version with the item bug fixed at least tomorrow, and a few items corrections, and Il see about making THAT ??? stronger. In my game she nearly rampaged me.

Guru

Sweet deal kokojo looking forward to another play through!

Now as far as making ??? stronger.... If you were having trouble then it might not need an increase in difficulty. If I remember right it really just needed an AI adjustment or something. If you check out CT5Holy's video I had a very similar experience.

Pillars went down in 2-3 turns. If I remember right....I think I only got attacked by them maybe 4-5 times. Then after that the picture below

I do have a thought though....

What about given her a long range AOE attack? Maybe have it cause some random status effects too. And maybe have a pillar(or two) that would require the character a few turns to get to, and can revive/heal/buff the other pillars. That way while you are trying to get to her she is attacking you and the other pillars are getting revived and buffed. Like I said I would like to see this be an epic battle just because she has that special powerful story item. But I'm not the best person to comment on difficulty, if it was up to me every battle in every game would be absolute hell.

Kokojo

Gah. Had emergency teeth treatment because my wisdom tooth infected itself.

This will be delayed a bit.

3lric

Mograine_D

Hey loving the game so far its ALOT of fun.. really enjoying the battle after battle + loot chests you have going on.. really loving that.. didt know where else to post about bugs I started with the chapter 3 download.. so far all of chapter 1 totally bug free but then I get into chapter 2 we get threw the scene at the bar where lysay hires two assassins to kill that one dude forget his name that wronged her then after that it goes to a picture of a town then freezes like that.. just stays on the picture of the town playing music, sat there watching TV for 34mins and it still did nothing.. tried restarting the game and going back thinking maybe my save was bugged but it still did nothing.. any suggestions? really want to play chapters 2 and 3
thanks a ton guys, again GREAT WORK on this game!
Chuuuuurrrrge!!

Guru

What emulator? I made it all the way through without problems on psxfin

Lucifer_zero

Helloow, im back from abyss !!!

Im just really help to see Kokojo back on this project, i remember playing it couple years before i need to focus on college, dowloaded it yesterday and played a lil, BUT... this thing anoyed me to, it the same with me,

Quote from: DeJ on January 06, 2016, 11:45:19 am

I must admit that I too have experienced the inventory bug. I stole a variety of items (in the jail break scenario where you get generic heroes to join, I believe in Chp 1) and was excited to equip them only to find them no longer in my inventory. I believe some other items were missing too.

My english sucks... and i know this.

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

Kokojo

Alright, I am finnaly back and the patch, with the inventory bug fix should be there tonight.

HebrewToYou

Quick note: looks like the inventory bug is still present. I just finished the chapter 2 battle in the swamp with two different enemy teams - the event where our heroine is identified from her time at the tavern - and afterwards my inventory was reduced to shreds. :( This was on the latest patch, just to be clear.

Kokojo

Dang. I still have those to fix it seems. A new patch should be up by the week's end, with doubling of most item stats (PA and MA)

chucho1224

played till the end of chapter 2 and half of the first mission of chapter 3
this is good really good i just wish heartbreaker would do less damage than power strike on enemies with a ton of HP also that boss at the end of chapter 2 took me a long time of sleep abuse to beat >_>

CCM

I played the first four battles of chapter 1 and have been enjoying it so far, but...my inventory, too, was completely decimated following the fight where you release the prisoners. All the stuff I stole in that battle was gone, in addition to a bunch of stuff I didn't.

Also, is it intentional that thieves don't have advanced classes like warriors and elementalists? I have a thief to job level 4 but nothing else has shown up.

3lric

Kokojo, you aren't using CallFunction 01 are you? (Command 43) that will reset your inventory everytime it's used.

3lric

Okay so... I didn't search them all, but just from quickly decompiling CoP, I was able to easily find

EVT_005_005
EVT_022_016

Both of these events contain CallFunction(x01) near the end of the event.

FROM THE WIKI:

{43} CallFunction

CallFunction(xFC)

Function : Byte (hex)

x01: Inventory is reset (New Game inventory). Units join silently (Join After Event + Save Formation = Join as Guest / Join After Event = Join silently as a playable character) without the need of {76} DarkScreen.

TL;DR

Get rid of those damn CallFunction(x01). The CoP loot system with the treasure boxes does not need these if you are having them join as guests, and they are 100% what is causing your issue, as CallFunction(x01) has 2 effect, one of which is resetting the inventory to that of a new game.

Go through your events and remove those mofos. NAOW!

Adramelk

I cant start the battle 11, the one in APEX WOODS. Once the "Defeat al enemies" screen is gone. The camera makes a strange movement and then the conversation starts again... but with a lot of nonsense.

"Abnormal status "Dont Act" so you cant take action"
then the thief responds
"You are soaked in water, so you can't take action"
"Selec within movable range"

then starts the same nonsense again.

Adramelk

Quote from: Adramelk on April 18, 2016, 05:00:47 pm
I cant start the battle 11, the one in APEX WOODS. Once the "Defeat al enemies" screen is gone. The camera makes a strange movement and then the conversation starts again... but with a lot of nonsense.

"Abnormal status "Dont Act" so you cant take action"
then the thief responds
"You are soaked in water, so you can't take action"
"Selec within movable range"

then starts the same nonsense again.

Help?