• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:23:04 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Jobs and Etc. Ideas Proposal Thread

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, September 17, 2012, 06:05:03 pm

RavenOfRazgriz

What Goes Here:

This thread is specifically for suggesting ideas for or asking for help with the design of specific Jobs, Skillsets, and Skills.  If you have a Job (or Jobs) you think would be cool, or would like help with designing a Job, but that Job is not associated with an existing project, use this thread to ask for help with it.  Do not make a new thread for this purpose.  The original "Job & Skill Proposals/Idea Thread" can be found in the Old Project Ideas Archive here.  Note that this thread is Archived, meaning that (obviously) it is old and that it may contain information that is no longer accurate, but it can still be a wealth of ideas for the aspiring Patcher looking for new Job ideas.

Guidelines:

This should be simple enough.  Post your Job, Skillset, or Skill concept here, along with any information you have for it so far (stats, existing skills, innate abilities, etc. pending on it being a Job, Skillset, or Skill), and what you would like help with on it. If you're looking for help on finishing a Job concept off, the more information you can give, the better the feedback you can get.  If you're just looking to post Job ideas here as a resource for others to use, that's fine too.

yagood

Would be very difficult to create a mmorpg tactics (Final Fantasy Tactics) using the same sprites of spells, characters, monsters, plots, etc. ..?
need not be the exact plot, but the jobs that have a system of jobs like FFXIV, however also using a system of jobs that need prerequisite (each job that needs to have some other jobs lvl to be released).
The signs of the zodiac also could be used causing a change in the character.
These are ideas that seem interesting to me, however and may change.

I was wanting to create a more streamlined tactics mmorpg, at first, and then go to develop the game for their growth ..
nobody knows programming games here?
could give some help or ideas ..

The only problem is that I have no knowledge in programming games, that's why I need the help of some programmer, I do not know how to put a game on the network to be played online. I have enough experience as a player mmorpgs, and I read a little about programming but do not have enough knowledge..

*sorry for my english, I'm Brazilian, and I used google translator*

Timbo

I'm proposing that undead status cancels dead status for my patch. This would allow Oracles to bring people back to life with 0 hp with the Zombie spell. Is this too unbalanced? Will it cause any unforseen gameplay issues. What do people think?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Jumza

I know I stated this before, but I do quite like this idea. If it works then I say go for it! The only way to find out if something is unbalanced is by testing.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Timbo

Before I start testing. I need some help. How do I set the AI up for this? With Zombie being a debuff it originally has the flags target enemies and add status. Raise cancels status and targets allies. Berserk on the hand adds status but doesn't have either of the target flags. I'm getting the feeling that if I want Oracles raising their dead allies they won't be able to use the spell as a debuff on their enemies?

Ashiel

Quote from: Jack of All Trades on February 06, 2014, 07:03:56 am
Before I start testing. I need some help. How do I set the AI up for this? With Zombie being a debuff it originally has the flags target enemies and add status. Raise cancels status and targets allies. Berserk on the hand adds status but doesn't have either of the target flags. I'm getting the feeling that if I want Oracles raising their dead allies they won't be able to use the spell as a debuff on their enemies?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think if you select both "adds status" and "cancels status" the oracle will get the idea. The reason I say this is because of Frog. The black mage spell frog has both add and cancel status (in this case the status is frog). Neither target allies nor target enemies is set, but NPC mages will frog enemies and de-frog allies.

So I'm pretty sure that if you just set it to add "zombie" and cancel "dead", the AI will attempt to raise allies with it and debuff enemies with it. Alternatively, if that doesn't work, you might be able to make it a sort of pseudo-raise where you only target allies with it to get them to stand back up and fight some more. That said you might need to set it to restore a % of hit points, since I think simply removing Dead without restoring HP is just going to result in them dying again (since they're at 0 HP) or might cause an immortality bug (if the dead is triggered on falling to 0 HP and isn't triggered if you're already at 0 HP, that could make you immortal).

Ronin1984

The ability to use 'undead' to raise a character is great! I assume the target character stands up with the 'undead' status and can't be healed until that affliction is removed, right?
"History does not repeat itself but it often does rhyme." -Mark Twain

Ronin1984

Just on a whim this hit me: what about adding some kind of limited 'charm' effect so that you can use 'undead' to raise ENEMY dead and have them fight for you as zombies for a while? Of course it would have to bring them back with a low % of hp to compensate or something but I just had that thought.
"History does not repeat itself but it often does rhyme." -Mark Twain

Timbo

September 29, 2014, 08:08:54 pm #8 Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 09:45:37 pm by Jack of All Trades
The edit button is your friend homie, people get annoyed by double posts.

I'm going to test it out tonight/tomorrow because I forgot how it all works but I should be able to make Undead stack with itself meaning it that the spell can be used to cancel dead even when the target is all ready undead. As far as the charm undead thing both myself and more famously Eternal (see Parted Ways) have created similar abilities using the Undead targeting formula seen with Seal Evil to charm Undead units. Having a single ability that charms and raises the dead would probably be OP in any game.

Edit: Turns out Dead status is hard coded or something because it doesn't work.

Eternal

You can't revive a unit as an Undead simply because you can't add a status (Undead) and cancel a status (Death) at the same time. Closest I got was in PW with the Necromancy ability, which revived a unit with 0 HP.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Timbo

Well, my idea was to make the undead status cancel the dead status the way haste and slow cancel one another out. It didn't work though.

Eternal

Well, a dead unit flat out can't be targetted unless the skill in question can Cancel: Death. By making Undead Cancel: Death, you simply make an Undead unit immune to the status, IIRC.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

dianeffriansyah

Hi all . I am new here , I came from Indonesia , can you help me to make Spirites Lord Rasler Heios Nabradia from Final Fantasy 12 or Ramza with Rasler costume ? pliss help me all :D

contact me : Email : dianeffriansyah@gmail.com

Shintroy

Some day my people will be free.

Raijinili

Lancer concept: 100% character evade, no shield, two-handed spears.

Not very concept-compatible with Jump, though.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Hyraldelita

March 12, 2015, 07:04:56 pm #15 Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 08:43:27 am by Hyraldelita
A class i would love to see!

Soul Slayer:

A class born by a deep hatred for magic, this class is the definitive mage-spell caster slayer.

Instead of doing physical damage , normal attack damage MP. (yes he can't kill with physical attack)

Spell break:  Range: 6 effect:1 SP: 100 MP: 10 cancel charge/or casting spell.

Enchant blade: Target allies Range 1 Effect: 1 Sp Now! Mp 20    Give the targeted allies the ability to damage mp with attacks.

Mana destroyer: Range 4 effect : 3 SP 20 Mp 30
Add: Poison Mp

Hazard spell: Range 5 effect: 1 sp 15 mp 30 Damage: 50 hp every magic/skill usage

COUNTER

MP damage reflect: When targetted damage Mp the same amount as the mp used to cast a spell/skill

Counter silence: counter with 100% silence (ignore evade and item protection)

SUPPORT

Magic grudge: normal attack never miss spell caster units such as wizard priest oracle etc..

I'm going to draw a sketch about this class^^ i hope someone enjoy the Idea!

Here you go!^^ it takes a lot of time to color, so i left them black and white. i'll color them if someone want to try and make a class out of it =D

It doesn't let me attach the image so i just put it the way i know. i hope it's not a problem

GIRL version

BOY version

Lijj

noice!!!
you got the special proportions right too.

3lric

You are a really good artist. I'd be interested to see how you'd do with pixel art.

Hyraldelita

no one said anithing about the class XD

But thanks for the compliments!

Aniway, if someone got a bit of patience and tell me what i need to do to work with pixel i would gladly learn, and start to do it, it's always been one of my little dreams to be able to customize FFT, i know it's a lot of hard work =/ but

To think that i could help to make a masterpiece like Jot5 that really make me proud XD

But still i know nothing about these things, i'm doing 2 job at the moment, (work in a hostel and pizza chef in a restaurant) So i really have little time to try to understand how the patching and modifyng things work.

So please if someone in kind enough to help me i would very be gratefull (help me by teaching me even how to modify sprites, couse i try to open shishi, but i really didn't understand how to actually "change" the sprites. i can only open them.

3lric

You can export them as a BMP with Shishi. And then edit in Graphics Gale or Photoshop and the like. There are several tutorials in the spriting section on it.