• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:59:42 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 2 ☢ ☢ ☢

Started by CT5Holy, July 05, 2013, 03:03:08 am

Barren

so who wants to take care of the winner's bracket final?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

CT5Holy

I'll do winner's bracket final, and you can do the championship match. Sound good?

If yes, ETA Monday for winner's bracket final.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Barren

Malroth

reinoe

Quote from: Malroth on August 03, 2013, 07:26:17 pm
But First we need the loosers bracket.

If we stop the tournament immediately after the Avalanche vs reinoe match, then the lowest I can place is second.  If we do the loser's bracket then there's a chance I might come in third.  So let's end the tournament after Avalanche vs reinoe.  I'd hate to risk coming in third place when I've already got guaranteed second place at worst.
My dreams can come true!

FFMaster

It's streaming time again!

This time, it will be on Thursday 8 August 10:00 AM +10 GMT. This will mean Wednesday for you people in the US. Make sure you check for the correct time for your timezone.

Matches are:
Dragonblade vs JamesOnyx
Dol vs Malroth
iamBQB vs The Damned
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Avalanche

That was suprisingly clear. both the Archer and the Bard never realy found into the Match. I think the Bard only landed one relevant draw-out spell, but it was already to late at that point and the Archer only landed a couple of shots mainly on the innocent Thief for 80 dmg.

Jumza

I was nervous about this fight because both of my archers carried rubber shoes, so the archers would be focusing on my support units. one with counter magic, which would just end up healing the people who shot her.

But you can't beat triple paralyze.

Ever.

GG Reks!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

reinoe

Quote from: Barren on August 05, 2013, 01:48:56 pm
FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 2 Losers Match 12 - Truelight vs the frisky dingo

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 2 Losers Match 13 - Jumza vs Reks

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 2 Losers Match 14 - Otabo vs Ahong

Went to round three but it wasn't a nailbiter unfortunately.  And Truelight continues to prove that Stone Guns are way OP.

So Reks is out.  Despite countermagic backfiring several times against Jumza.  Well the better team won to be able to overcome that handicap.  Triple Don't Act in Round three clenched it.  So Reks is out.  I expected him to go a lot farther (further?)

I couldn't tell who was going to win that first match.  A real bare knuckle brawl.  Otabo won the second round quite decisively.  He just had too much AoE.  Hitting four units with slow was clutch. 

Because Avalanche shouldn't be in the championship match twice.  I wanna be in the championship match

Furthermore  **warning rant**.

gg Avalanche
My dreams can come true!

FFMaster

Stream will begin in about 5 mins, matches won't start until 15 mins. See you there. For those missing out, youtube videos will be uploaded afterwards as usual.

FFMaster

Matches are currently being uploaded while I sleep for those who missed out. Video quality on the first match is low due to bad recording settings which I should have checked before I started streaming.

reinoe

Hey all.  Great job with the matches so far.  But I think we should separate the loser's bracket from the winner's bracket like in previous seasons just to minimize confusion.  For example iamBQB vs TheDamned is listed as Loser's Bracket 14 and Otabo vs Ahong is also listed as Loser's Bracket 14.  Also while looking through the playlist Matches 27, 31-33 are not showing up during the "autoplay".  I think this is just a youtube problem though because the matches are clearly there in the playlist.
My dreams can come true!

Barren

I haven't put some of the matches in the playlist yet but once I get the chance this weekend I can put them in order

The Damned

(Are we waiting for me again? Sigh)

Because I recorded the matches a while. I just haven't been around lately--"obviously"--and was "busy" today, if we're accepting "being forced to waste hours" as "busy".

Regardless, my videos for Losers Round 2 will be up by Friday evening at least. Maybe after midnight. I'll be on the phone for a while and have some other things to do today. That said, I'd rather try to get it finished before I have to now leave early tomorrow and for while if I can rather than catch-up.

*is still hideously behind on actually watching the other videos*

Regardless, my apologies (again).
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

FFMaster

I don't know what happened to Damned's matches, but we should probably move on to the next bracket.

So I will be streaming 2 matches on 10:00 AM Thursday +10 GMT.
Matches are:
Dragonblade vs Dol
iamBQB vs TrueLight

See you guys there.

FFMaster

The Damned

([Insert sentiment of greater self-hatred here.]

[Insert sentiment of greater hatred of technology here.]

[Insert sentiment of greater hatred of humanity here.])

Sorry for the immense unnecessary wait. It was in largest part due to my indolence, but I was frankly tired of dealing with the desktop's bullshit on top of being slightly busier than usual. Not an excuse, though, since I've been done with the actual videos since like the weekend more or less, but I still don't understand what's wrong with this damn desktop since it's not a virus and it's not even "dying" like it was that one time. I guess it's just ancient or something.

Whatever. Chrome can go fuck itself presently until I figure out what's wrong with it.

Anyway, videos are now finally up. Thanks to everyone for being so patient like before. This won't happen again, even if I have to find some way to post from the damn laptop, especially since I actually fixed the problems with that:

FFT ARENA S2 Tournament Losers 2 Match 15 - Wiz vs. Torgo

FFT ARENA S2 Tournament Losers 2 Match 16 - LightningHax vs. Fanatic

*continues to radiate hatred more than usual*

P.S. Apologies to Torgo, but your Bard's name got misspelled slightly again and I didn't feel like bugging Dokurider to fix it.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"