• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 2 ☢ ☢ ☢

Started by CT5Holy, July 05, 2013, 03:03:08 am

Barren

that was a very close fight truelight. My undead minions did their job and fight back when the opponent doesn't expect it. Arm aim and stop procs help tremendously. GG truelight. Very good match
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

DomieV

yea my team was outclassed on that one. GG reinoe. Im getting ready for fanatic now. My chances are about the same as before

reinoe

Quote from: Barren on July 21, 2013, 04:26:22 pm
These matches are done by Dokurider so everyone enjoy

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 2 Losers Match 4 - Eternal vs JamesOnyx

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 2 Losers Match 6 - The Damned vs woodenbandman

I'm really happy to see one of our new players make it out of the "Prelims".  I've already said what I think about James' team, but I don't know if I've talked about Eternal's...

Geomancy can be a rather damaging long term strategy.  If it's damage is maximized and it hits multiple units.  But it has to hit multiple units repeatedly to truly be effective.  So in that sense it's hard to make Geomancy a main attraction.  Also Eternal just wasn't getting the procs off.

Next round James will face Dragonblade.  Unfortunately I don't think James will make it out of the next round.

As my predictions become increasingly inaccurate, I have to wonder why I just couldn't catch a break.  Oh well.  TD's status just overwhelmed W.B.M.  Status based teams aren't bad, you just have to make sure you're mixing it with Magical/non-magical and T.D. did that.  Not sure who T.D. will face next.
My dreams can come true!

Barren

well I would expect nothing less from a pretty well designed defensive team. Things should get interesting now

iamBQB

I knew this match up was going to be bad, and I knew it was going to be embarrassingly one sided, and yet it managed to be even worse than I thought it would turn out. That Kiyomori quashed even the faintest of hopes that my team might do something. Oh well, these things happen. GG Zareb.

Zareb

Quote from: iamBQB on July 22, 2013, 03:33:15 pm

I knew this match up was going to be bad, and I knew it was going to be embarrassingly one sided, and yet it managed to be even worse than I thought it would turn out. That Kiyomori quashed even the faintest of hopes that my team might do something. Oh well, these things happen. GG Zareb.

Well, I'm simply a hard counter to physical-based teams.  I lack a solid way to revive and I'm vulnerable to some status and single-target nukes.  I've only been getting lucky with whom I've fought so far!  Your Lancers are very solid units and pack quite a punch; Abandon does nothing against Jump.  GG, iamBQB.

Quote from: Barren on July 22, 2013, 02:31:30 pm
well I would expect nothing less from a pretty well designed defensive team. Things should get interesting now

Your entire team protects against Death Sentence, which is my team's primary way to down units.  You can also Berserk my Paladins, which actually may be my saving grace since the only way I can harm you is hoping that Battle Axe procs more often than not and if my Monks somehow manage to keep the poison down on your team.... without dying themselves.  I honestly think that I'm going to lose to you, but I suppose that we'll simply see what happens!

Again, thanks for recording my match.  Was pleasant as always to watch and listen to.
Now your blood travels through the veins of our history
It bursts forth in boiling black clouds from the wrists of kings

reinoe

Zareb made a "parody" of his current tournament team that's much stronger.  If Zareb had just one week to test that team would have been infinitely much stronger.
My dreams can come true!

woodenbandman

GG stupid chemist not blackmailing the archer before resurrecting :(

Avalanche

My Team was going as far as i expected. But looking at CT5 Holy´s Team which will be its next opponend, im sceptical it can go any further.

CT5Holy

Avalanche: I'll need to get lucky. You can tank my Thief and Ninja, Hidden Knife beats my Thief's evasion, Repel Knife adding Don't Act will hurt. Not to mention your Dancer can Refute away Death Sentence. I should be the one afraid, I think.

Tense match with Shadowstrike you just had! Good fight.

EDIT: ETA for my matches are Saturday.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Jumza

• Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Zareb

Quote from: CT5Holy on July 25, 2013, 05:05:22 pm
I lied! Enjoy the matches:

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 2 Match 30 - Gaignun vs reinoe

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 2 Match 31 - Barren vs Zareb

Well, that was predictable.  I didn't think that I would even win the second round, but cool.  Lol.  Lich piercing my defenses; Armor Break softening me up so I can't get decent healing from Regen and Nurse; every single unit being immune to Death Sentence; Katar Thief.  Well, what WERE my chances, really?  LOL.  Oh well.  I suppose I can just be thankful that I won ONE round.  GG, Barren, and I wish you the best!

Thanks again for recording my match; sucks that it took so long for me to lose even though we were aware of the outcome already (RE: my previous post on my previous match), lol.  Keep up the good work.

We'll see what happens in the losers' bracket; I know that there isn't another team that's completely immune to Death Sentence like Barren's, so I think my chances will be MUCH better.  Lol.  Perhaps I'll make it through the loser's bracket and emerge victorious?!  LOL, probably not.  We'll see!!!!!!
Now your blood travels through the veins of our history
It bursts forth in boiling black clouds from the wrists of kings

Barren

Gaignun got so unlucky in Round 3 its not even funny anymore. Good job reinoe!

First round went pretty much as planned for the most part for me. Second round was soooo long and my summoner running out of MP didn't help matters either. Round 3 though went better than expected especially with Lich and death hitting when needed. GG Zareb, that was a good match

Well you got one part of your prediction right as it will be me vs you next. good luck

reinoe

Quote from: CT5Holy on July 25, 2013, 05:05:22 pm
I lied! Enjoy the matches:

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 2 Match 30 - Gaignun vs reinoe

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 2 Match 31 - Barren vs Zareb

If Zareb could tank a lot longer then he actually might have been able to pull off a victory.  He just needed to outlast the summoner's MP.

Despite what I posted in the Predictions thread, I actually believed I was going to lose to Gaignun.  I think I have a better matchup against Barren.  If my Thief can hit the Summoner with MP Ruin then I win.
Oh, and this...

Quote from: Gaignun on July 06, 2013, 05:33:30 pm
I hereby proclaim that whichever team beats mine will require a nerf.

:? :? Perhaps we should nerf the RNG?
My dreams can come true!

Gaignun