• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:45:34 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

In love with Gospel's sprite...

Started by sand86id, September 17, 2018, 10:40:39 pm

sand86id

Stumbled across a youtube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDYYcpgQaR4

And he uploaded his call of power patched fft gameplay.. I saw the main character (Gospel)'s sprite and he's really done nicely! Mainly his armor with the summoner cape!
I'm currently playing it and i wonder if there's a way to open the patched iso with ShiShi? Seem to froze up everytime i tried :(
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

Open the iso you patched to, in a hex editor and go to the last byte and change it to 1. Then save and try to open it in shishi.

Kokojo didnt make his patch properly and I had this issue in the past as well as i believe that is how i fixed it but i could be wrong. If you cant get it to work let me know and I'll see what i can dig up. I worked on CoP a bit with Kokojo so i have most of the CoP resources on one of my drives somewhere.
  • Modding version: PSX

sand86id

Woa.. didn't expect a reply so soon...

Did i do it correctly?
I tried changing the very last to 01 and still can't open it in ShiShi. Would like to change some generic sprites there.

Thanks for helping out.

sand86id

On another unrelated note, it's sad that this sprite didn't happen :(

3lric

Whoa, yeah there is definitely something up with the CoP image.

Try this, as im guessing its how he made it. Try to open a clean image in shishi and restructure it, and then patch the ppf to that image after that and see if you can open it in shishi then, though that might make the sprites derp.

sand86id

Thanks Elric for trying...

I still can't get it to open with ShiShi even when ppfed after restructuring, (the image is autosaved when restructured, right?)
Although i noticed the significant boost in CoP patching speed after the clean image is restructured with ShiShi, it still won't load.

I will be equally as happy if i can get my hands on the sprite of Gospel (and probably Lysay too if you have it, he called her a "wh*re" in one of the scenes... lol, brutal)... for my little FFT sprite collection that is :)

sand86id

Well then, if you can't find the Gospel sprite on your drive that's okay too. Appreciate it buddy. Thank you.

3lric

Forgot all about it. Its been a rough week. Ill look for it this weekend if i cant figure out how to get the image running in shishi

3lric

I'm not sure what Kokojo did to his image file, however when you patch a normal, clean image, the file ends up like 10-15 MBs bigger than it should, I had to remove a lot of bytes in a hex editor to get it to the proper size for shishi to be able to open it.

I extracted the sprites that were different in CoP from Vanilla, but some of them are derped, you should be able to find intact versions of those on the forums though.

sand86id

You went out of your way for the trouble.. Thanks a lot dude!

3lric

No worries. Hope you got what you were looking for.