• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:07:41 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Lijj's Sprites

Started by Lijj, April 29, 2010, 06:45:40 am

3lric

Awesome job as always Lijj  :mrgreen:
  • Modding version: PSX

Jon

This gives a good reason to make female Bards in any patch- Lijj you did a pretty cool thing there with the singing frames of the female Black Mage. I like the glowing eyes lol
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

MiKeMiTchi

August 03, 2012, 08:09:36 pm #822 Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 08:17:28 pm by MiKeMiTchi
The portraits are better now, fft-wise. The first time I saw them, they looked too-custom. First BM port seems nicer. The second one's hat (female) resembles more like a farmer's sakkat to me. An Ancient Black Mage, they are! As for the WM, the green-paletted port made him look like a Forest Ranger~

I'd prefer showing less clothes/shoulders to focus on the head/face on the mages' ports though. I would lower them 1 or 2 pixels down.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Lijj

*Lijj looks up sakkat.. hmm I never knew what they were called.
Now I know.
Rice farming cone-hats is what I used to call them.
if you go to pg one of this thread you can see just how silly the original sakkat was on the female concept.

Kagebunji

Hey Lijj, what happened with Terra? I kinda don't remember.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Lijj

She's in Smash's Terra Branford thread :/

Kagebunji

Oh, right. Did you ever thought about coming back to her? Given how much you learned since the last time you worked on her, I bet you could make her look 10x better. Seeing that Celes in your sig made me think of Terra :P

Lijj

:J
I probably will actually, but v.. e.. r.. y..
e.. v..  e.. n.. tually. That blasted Terra sprite was so sucky.. I thought it was pretty good too haha.
10x better would suffice.. thank you.

Kagebunji

Heh, I will take that as no. I was just curious, since it was your first sprite, and lately you seem to be reworking your old sprites a lot, haha.

Lijj

I almost want to let this thread go but I actually have something to post;
an Alma portrait I recently made:

here's something else; when it's the same size as the pixel art you can barely tell the difference, but when it's huge it just looks so different. I just used a program to auto vectorize it so; noting fancy: 

Celdia

I can't decide if she looks more like E.T. or a giraffe with that neck and her chin so far forward. >_>
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Lijj

Well I'd say she looks like neither, but I will keep that in mind when I change the body to fit the portrait it will go to.

Kaedre

Hello Lijj!
Your Alma portrait looks very nice actually. I think the long of the neck is right (i make a comparison with the original) but maybe you have to add some pixels to the gown collar to raise it a bit. It can solves the ilusion that the neck is too long.
The ear is a little rounded too.

P.D: Remember, portraits are not my strong point. So it is only my humble opinion.

Lijj

Thanks Kaedre. When I put her in armor I'm sure the neck thing will be solved. Thanks for pointing out the ear I will fix it.

mav

Nice portrait, Lijj. Aside from the lengthy neck, the angle of her eyes and mouth are incongruous with the direction she's facing. I miss seeing all your custom sprites--hopefully we'll see some more in the future.

Kagebunji

Heh, the drop of activity in spriting is but temporary, Mav. It will come back with the release of JoT5 Chapter 1.

Lijj

January 27, 2013, 08:11:14 pm #836 Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 11:02:07 pm by Lijj
Hey good to hear from you Mav.
I'll see what I can do to improve the port.. Once I make the armored version I'll try to address these things in this version too. I need practice with ports and want to try doing 1 a day for 7 days soon so I guess if anyone has any ports they'd like to see done go ahead and drop a request here and I may or may not try it.
Edit:

I kept the mouth in the gowned one as it was but did edit the ear and lowered the neck; I also edited the eye on our left to better fit the head's angle. I edited the mouth on the one I did for Kadwin's sprite- the armored Alma.
Spriting section is almost dead:

mav

Quote from: Kagebunji on January 27, 2013, 02:35:27 pm
It will come back with the release of JoT5 Chapter 1.
I love the JoT5 avatars/portraits that some of you guys have. That project has an awesome team--I've been lurking around, waiting for that release, so hurry up already.

Anyways, keep the portraits coming, Lijj. Hopefully I can give you some criticism here and there.

SilverRegret

um sorry to bother you, maybe its just me but
could you check on this sprite again.. Lijj?
thanks before..

Lijj

:oops: :oops:
Good eye Silver Regret.. I guess I never noticed it because of the arm postion.. stupid of me.

Here's an update: