• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 11:24:41 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

New Character HELP

Started by Pedro Henrike, December 01, 2018, 09:06:16 am

Pedro Henrike

I noticed that in the programs for editing, there are several blanks in both the characters and the maps ... Is it possible to use one of these blank spaces to create a character? I would like, for example, to put the Sephirot to appear in a fight, and join me later, but I do not know how to make the substitution without having to take some character out of the story ... What can I do?
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

You need a slot for, in order of easiest to hardest: his skillset, his job, his battle sprite, his formation sprite, and the new skills you'd give him. Much of that is just patcher work and you can find a tutorial about inserting a custom sprite here:

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9204.0
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Pedro Henrike

Quote from: Nyzer on December 01, 2018, 01:03:55 pm
You need a slot for, in order of easiest to hardest: his skillset, his job, his battle sprite, his formation sprite, and the new skills you'd give him. Much of that is just patcher work and you can find a tutorial about inserting a custom sprite here:

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9204.0

I already learned how to put sprites that I downloaded into the game, but I would like to know how I could add a character without needing to replace some of the Story mode, is it possible? So I realized that there are a lot of Squire Male that are not part of our class choices, but if I change them with ShiShiSprite, they bug when we see them in Training because we do not replace them in WldFace ... Can you help me?

Nyzer

You can use any of the empty slots in the ENTD and make sure his character is set to Join After Battle. To make an actual event out of it, where he talks and stuff, you need to look into event editing; there should be a link to it in the index I linked earlier, too.

When you replace a duplicate sprite, you need to go into the ENTD and change the duplicate out to the main sprite in every appearance it makes. It won't be a quick task.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Pedro Henrike

I do not want the character to say anything at the event, just let him join me after the battle. For example, I would like to add Balmafula, but if I fill those empty spaces, I just need to put her Sprite number so that it appears normally in formation and in battle. But if I wanted to add a Sprite I downloaded, I would need to replace someone in Shishi and FFTEVGRP so that it would appear in training without bugar, right? But how would I add it if there are no slots to replace in FFTEVGRP besides the main characters?