• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Hello, i need some help please :(

Started by delilfarrell, July 01, 2015, 01:25:06 pm

delilfarrell

Hello everyone, Nice to meet you all, im new in this wonderfull community ;)
Well im here because i need some help :(... I have FTWoL in my PSP 3001 (I use los custom firmware to run it)
Well, what type of hack should i use to...

-Remove low spell speed glitch
-Allow to use multiplayer items and quest in 1 player
-And... My favorites characters are: Alma, Ovelia and The astrologist (i forgot his name, he is always with Balmafula)
What i should i do to have this NPC forever in my part? I mean... Become this NCP to playbable.

Thank you so much :(
I got banned for making an extremely inappropriate comment about an admin instead of considering that English isn't my first language and that maybe I didn't understand what was being said.

I are derpy :/

Eternal

My WotL patch, FFT Kind Of PSP rebalances the game, fixes the slowdown, and inserts (most) of the Multiplayer items into Single Player. The Multiplayer battles are also emulated in Midlight's Deep, though not 100% exactly. It can be downloaded here: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8739.0
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Zero Dozer

Not to mention that the slowdown fix is already available to download in romhacking.net by itself.

As for this:
Multiplayer content: Eternal managed to implant some of it in WotL KO, but he had to replace items to do so. The way how the new content got into the game was done in a crappy way by Square Enix's part, due to them just slapping the PSX ISO into the PSP port and then adding content around it, made such a feat incredibly difficult. As of now, there is still no one able to crack into that content, especially because there is no way for the ones able to access the multiplayer content (though it is possible to access the new battles on WotL).

Extra characters: As far as I know, this is some heavy hacking job. It can be done as far as I know (not by me, of course), but I don't think you will find anyone willing to make this for the PSP version around here.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

delilfarrell

Quote from: Eternal on July 01, 2015, 02:45:03 pm
My WotL patch, FFT Kind Of PSP rebalances the game, fixes the slowdown, and inserts (most) of the Multiplayer items into Single Player. The Multiplayer battles are also emulated in Midlight's Deep, though not 100% exactly. It can be downloaded here: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8739.0

Thank you!! :)... Mm what program what should i do to apply the patch ?

Quote from: Zero Dozer on July 01, 2015, 03:18:24 pm
Not to mention that the slowdown fix is already available to download in romhacking.net by itself.

As for this:
Multiplayer content: Eternal managed to implant some of it in WotL KO, but he had to replace items to do so. The way how the new content got into the game was done in a crappy way by Square Enix's part, due to them just slapping the PSX ISO into the PSP port and then adding content around it, made such a feat incredibly difficult. As of now, there is still no one able to crack into that content, especially because there is no way for the ones able to access the multiplayer content (though it is possible to access the new battles on WotL).

Extra characters: As far as I know, this is some heavy hacking job. It can be done as far as I know (not by me, of course), but I don't think you will find anyone willing to make this for the PSP version around here.

Thank you for answer :)... Mm so i cant get Ovelia and Alma :(? Thats to bad... Can i use GameShark codes?
I got banned for making an extremely inappropriate comment about an admin instead of considering that English isn't my first language and that maybe I didn't understand what was being said.

Kaijyuu

You should be able to get any character in your party easily with a save game editor. Just give one of your generics the sprite, job, and stats of the character you want. They won't be perfect though; most jobs normally not available to players don't have a proper formation screen sprite and will either appear as Ramza or garbage (they'll look fine in battles).

I have only done this with the PSX version so apologies if this is in any way incorrect for WotL.
  • Modding version: PSX

Eternal

In order to patch your ISO, you'll need PPF-o-Matic, which can be found in the Downloads section of this site.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

delilfarrell

Quote from: Kaijyuu on July 03, 2015, 04:38:21 am
You should be able to get any character in your party easily with a save game editor. Just give one of your generics the sprite, job, and stats of the character you want. They won't be perfect though; most jobs normally not available to players don't have a proper formation screen sprite and will either appear as Ramza or garbage (they'll look fine in battles).

I have only done this with the PSX version so apologies if this is in any way incorrect for WotL.

I did it to in my PSX 1 :).... But i use a GameShark CD, Gameshark Lite, i put the codes in the CD and when is finished i put FFT CD and done! In my parte was Ovelia, Olan, and Alma. I hope i can find a hack por an editor to do this in my FFT PSP versión...

delilfarrell

Quote from: Eternal on July 03, 2015, 06:25:38 pm
In order to patch your ISO, you'll need PPF-o-Matic, which can be found in the Downloads section of this site.

Thank you so much for the help!! :)!! Im using right now your hack is amazing!! Thank you :)

Can i ask you something? Is about the misions in the tabern, how can i access without multiplayer connection?

Can i use NPC in this hack?

Eternal

No, the multiplayer battles are in Midlight's Deep. You can't use any NPCs in Kind Of.

delilfarrell

Quote from: Eternal on July 07, 2015, 08:30:29 pm
No, the multiplayer battles are in Midlight's Deep. You can't use any NPCs in Kind Of.

Oh Midlight deep is in the final chapter right? Mmm so how can i do the missions in the tabern here? Im sorry im confused im dont understand im a novice in this new PSP version xD lol.... U_U

Eternal

To do the missions in the Tavern, you'd still need another player. However, if you wait until Chapter IV in Midlight's Deep, you can fight battles similar to the Tavern battles in single-player mode.

delilfarrell

Quote from: Eternal on July 08, 2015, 10:08:47 am
To do the missions in the Tavern, you'd still need another player. However, if you wait until Chapter IV in Midlight's Deep, you can fight battles similar to the Tavern battles in single-player mode.

Oh Thank you so much! :)!! So in this PSP version, cant i win the treasures ultil i have another player to player D:... Oh Square Enix... -.-

Eternal

Luckily, in KO, you can acquire most of those items (except for the Fell Swords). Most of them are acquired in Midlight's Deep, but a few of them (such as the Stardust Rod and Golden Axe) can be acquired long before then.

Nyzer

You can get those NPCs in your party, but it'd require a fair bit of time spent on the hacking software available here, because there are only a limited number of slots available in the Formation Menu, and you need to match them with the slots for the in-battle sprites. Alma and others exist in the game as occasional Guests but not as fully established party members.

So basically you'd need to swap around some duplicate/unused Formation sprites, then swap around some battle sprites, then make sure that the new setup for the battle sprites is fixed for every one of their appearances, then set up the events that would let those characters join the party...

It's not really a heavy hacking job, just tedious.

Now, if you wanted to adjust the storyline so that it fit adding those characters in, you might start getting issues.

The multiplayer stuff is what would be a heavy hacking job, because it'd require someone to get down to the base hex code of the game and run through trial and error until they figured out how to make the code sing for them properly. As I understand it, this might not have been so daunting if it weren't for the fact that WotL apparently shuffled around a lot of it from the way it was in the PSX version, making it nearly as bad as trying to rip apart an entirely different game. Many of the ASM codes people made to do things like changing ability formulas, unlocking the fourth Monster ability slot without Beastmaster, changing Requires Sword/Requires Materia Blade to Require whatever weapon types you want, changing the hardcoding of Wall... none of them work properly here.
Plus the code for the new changes isn't kept nicely separate from the rest of it - it's thrown in amidst the PSX code haphazardly.

Most of the people who tore the PSX version open consider the idea of starting over from scratch for the PSP version as nothing more than a massive waste of time.

That's not to say that PSP hacking isn't possible or enjoyable in its own right. Just that you don't have as much freedom as the PSX version does. I'm still planning to replace some Jobs with Red Mage, Blue Mage, or Green Mage; to give the Onion Knight a limited skillset; to completely redo the skillsets for all Requires Sword classes; to swap out Beowulf's sprite; to change up the weapons and make Axes/Flails lose their random damage formula; to make Undead prevent crystallizing or turning into treasure chests; to make the unused Dark and Wall statuses serve some practical effect; and rebalancing and rethinking many of the other classes in the game, such as making Squires useful support units even after the early game.

That's not even quite everything there, but it's just a general idea of how broad even the PSP's restricted hacking can be.

Angel

July 20, 2015, 07:55:43 am #14 Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 09:27:32 am by Angel Reason: Let's just get this misinformation out of here.
Quote from: undefinedMost of the people who tore the PSX version open consider the idea of starting over from scratch for the PSP version as nothing more than a massive waste of time.
Something to remember when it comes to unpushed boundaries on WotL: the game runs under multiple emulation layers, so even tiny hacks can make the whole thing fall apart. ASM hacks can work, but some of them are like trying to talk someone through open heart surgery over the phone who doesn't speak your language. It isn't that it's not possible, you're just likely going to have a bad time and have a dead patient on your hands.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Nyzer

Quote from: Toshiko on July 20, 2015, 07:55:43 am
Something to remember when it comes to unpushed boundaries on WotL: the game runs under multiple emulation layers, so even tiny hacks can make the whole thing fall apart. ASM hacks can work, but some of them are like trying to talk someone through open heart surgery over the phone who doesn't speak your language. It isn't that it's not possible, you're just likely going to have a bad time and have a dead patient on your hands.

Oh, so I'm actually understating the scope of it.  :|