• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:25:20 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Old] FFT: Plus Chat/discussion topic

Started by Dome, July 29, 2011, 07:26:52 pm

Stretch

I'm back to where I was before I lost my save, and much stronger for it. Ditched Orlandu, didn't want to train him up from basically 0 JP. I'm going to beat the game, then tackle the sidequests; I'll be sure to keep an eye out for any weirdness along the way.
Yeah, right

Dome

August 18, 2011, 04:51:11 am #61 Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:51:43 am by Dome
You ditched Orlandu!?!?
THIS IS MADNESS!!!
P.S: Next release Orlandu will come with almost every job unlocked, like every other Ch4 special

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Stretch

Just cleaned out the Colliery, it's set to a very good difficulty. It's hard, but it's not necessary to have a maxed out, optimized team... I did have such a team, though, but each fight would have been manageable. Snagged Ultima from the assassins, too.
Yeah, right

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Dome on August 18, 2011, 03:33:45 am
98% steal is insane

Oh Lord! Tell me you got it! XD

Quote from: Stretch on August 18, 2011, 05:03:57 am
Just cleaned out the Colliery, it's set to a very good difficulty. It's hard, but it's not necessary to have a maxed out, optimized team... I did have such a team, though, but each fight would have been manageable. Snagged Ultima from the assassins, too.

Yeah, Colliery is great but you gotta be prepared
Ice shields or some ice protections and the enggeniers battle is won, and some stats protections with some ribbons or barretes at assassins and you are good to go.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Stretch

The perfect steal:
quote author=Stretch link=topic=7518.msg153340#msg153340 date=1313652491]
I just had a 98% steal rate on a Rubber Costume! Feels so good... Perfect zodiac compatibility, Precision, and 16 speed: Theif Hat, Carabini Mail, Sprint Shoes, plus a few Speed Saves bonuses.
[/quote]

For the assassin battle, I didn't even bring any status protection, and the isolated two units were petrified immediately and remained so for the rest of the fight. Beowulf just charged ahead and starting hacking away, Malak followed up with dual wield equipment breaking, there was a high faith magic gunner, and Ramza running around reviving and healing. When there was one assassin left, I let Beowulf go on ahead, and held my units back until she wandered close enough for Malak to chop her to bits. I wasn't prepared for it at all, but still muddled through somehow.
Yeah, right

MysticKnightFF5

I'm confused. You've stated two separate and conflicting objectives.
So, what EXACTLY is the point of FFT: Plus?

Dome

Quote from: MysticKnightFF5 on August 18, 2011, 05:34:42 pm
I'm confused. You've stated two separate and conflicting objectives.
So, what EXACTLY is the point of FFT: Plus?

Making the game balanced and make it difficult in a fair way

MysticKnightFF5

...So, you want to keep it as close to the original as possible?

Dome

Quote from: MysticKnightFF5 on August 18, 2011, 06:06:58 pm
...So, you want to keep it as close to the original as possible?

Rebalancing requires some change, but not many
Yeah, it still feels like the normal FFT
You should try it yourself

MysticKnightFF5

Nah, you've changed too much for it to be much like the Vanilla.
I was excited about this.

Stretch

It's almost the same as vanilla, just a little bit different, like a parallel universe version.
Yeah, right

Joseph Strife

It's not that different from vanilla, but anyways the decision to play or not is up to you
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"

Stretch

August 18, 2011, 11:18:54 pm #72 Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 11:47:26 pm by Stretch
At the last battle, was the one on one with Vormav in the original game and for some reason cut out of the final version and resurrected in 1.3? It was a pretty cool battle... first attempt ended in one turn, a fatal crush punch...

Hashmalum and Altima 1 were great battles, but Altima 2 was a letdown. It's MP drained quickly, and even with move MP up, all he did from then on was attack for about 50 damage. If that's what his AI wants to do, how about juicing up his attack power, or something?

After seeing all the scenes with Balmafula, the only scene where she gets glitchy is after the last Zalmo fight. Odd.

This has been a great patch, Dome!
Yeah, right

Dome

Quote from: MysticKnightFF5 on August 18, 2011, 07:32:12 pm
Nah, you've changed too much for it to be much like the Vanilla.
I was excited about this.

As others said, it's not very different from vanilla, but the decision is up to you

MysticKnightFF5

Sorry if I offended you with my abrupt statement.

Tyler

Quote from: MysticKnightFF5 on August 19, 2011, 07:40:19 pm

What exactly are you looking for out of the game?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: tylerf#3233

Dome

Quote from: MysticKnightFF5 on August 19, 2011, 07:40:19 pm

I'm not offended...I just stated that it's not very different from vanilla as you are saying, but also that I cannot convince you playing if you don't want (Even if as a general rule of thumb you should play a game/patch before commenting about it)
If you want something even more similar to vanilla, check this: FFT: Kind of

MysticKnightFF5

Also too deviant. I suppose I'll make my own.

Joseph Strife

Quote from: MysticKnightFF5 on August 19, 2011, 09:14:22 pm
Also too deviant. I suppose I'll make my own.

Good luck on it then, i'll sure play it.

Dome

TBH I think it's impossible to make something more balanced than vanilla changing even less things that FFT: Kind of, but who knows, you might be able to
Good luck!