• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:26:40 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Barren

This was definitely a marathon to sit through. But thankfully thanks to charm, frog and death hitting I was able to prevail over the much more stall heavy based team. It didn't start off very well though as witch hunt nearly burned me to the point where I couldn't do anything with my time mage. Thankfully I had talk skill to compensate. GG Malroth

This was a bit more even this time around. Round 2 you totally crushed me though. Round 3 charm is what got me the edge. GG Reks

I'll comment on match 12 later
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Reks

TrueLight (Dice Roll) Vs Barren (Atma Weapon + Valiant Knife)

Apologies for the stuttering and indecision. Recording with a headache is not a good idea.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Barren

We go at it again. This match was quick. Quicker than I thought actually. I just happened to get lucky with my procs going off. As you already know my strategy revolves around that thief doing the most damage possible. Hopefully this new gimmick team continues to impress. GG TrueLight

Shintroy

Faith/Fire Absorb vs Time Over team
Hoping Barren wins so I can go back to not watching time out teams.
R1 - Earrape at the start. Gotta fix the emulator's audio settings. Decapitate OHKO to start the match. WELP I don't think anything will get more exciting than that. I should skip this round.

R2 - 1-0 in Malroth's favor somehow.... ANOTHER decap counter at the start. (skips to end) Why Innocent and Faith?

R3 - I know there's only 3 minutes of the match left so I'll just assume Barren takes this.

Nope.avi Out of all the types of teams, time out teams are the worst to watch. My condolences to you for recording this Heroebal

Faith Fire Absorb vs Crippling Team (breaks, Charm, frog)
Reks's team is more entertaining to me so I'm hoping he carries over to the next match.

R1 - Looks like an even match up based off the first couple of turns. Both teams are canceling each other out really well. The only way I see Barren taking this is getting combos off while his archer lands those innocents. Otherwise Reks's status effects should pile on. Underestimated that Mediator's base damage. She's getting some good rng on that gun. Easy win there.

R2 - This was Reks's match to lose after getting those early kills. If barren got some good RNG on his cursed ring units he could've easily came back and taken this round. Two missed sinkholes followed by Barren's time mage showing how it's done? The disrespect.  Things are not looking goof for Reks

R3 - Barren has two ranged weapon units so I doubt him losing this one. GG minute match. Not much to add to this round

GG. I think Reks's time mage and thief cost him this match. They didn't carry their weight at all.

vs Fire Team
Not sure if Krypt is active, but either way I don't don't this team can take out barren's team since he also absorbs fire.

R1/R2 - Might as well have been a 4v2 in Barren's favor since Krypt's main damage sources were useless.

GJ to Barren covering the fire absorb mirror match up. Not much else to add.

I've been wanting to see a cover fire team. So I'm betting on Truelight takign this.

R1 - Fast paced round until Truelight got caught in the sandbag loop.

R2
EZ 5v4

GG too bad about the blonde AI
Some day my people will be free.

Corosar

Quote from: Andrew on October 29, 2015, 04:22:16 pm
Starting today, anybody that has a match will have to wait until everybody else also had one before being recorded again.

FFT Arena 1.39c: Shintroy (Donuts - White)  -=VS=-  reinoe (12 Gauge - Black)

FFT Arena 1.39c: Mudvayne (Self Sufficient - Green)  -=VS=-  silentkaster (Double Date - White)

FFT Arena 1.39c: Corosar (Nightmare Hunters - Red)  -=VS=-  Gaignun (Cloudsurfing - Blue)

The rounds will always go as follows:

Round 1 = medium-sized maps
Round 2 = large/small-sized maps
Tiebreaker = medium-sized maps

The maps are randomly-selected (www.random.org) from a modified list of the maps that Gaignun deemed worthy in this thread: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8608.0.

I randomize who fights who, as well.  Once an active player is selected, I then randomly pick one of their teams, unless there's some sort of exception, of course.  If somebody has a request, I will fulfil it to the best of my ability.  Anybody that has a match will have to wait until everybody else also had one before being recorded again.

I know that this results in some one-sided matches, but there are also some pairings that people may have not thought of before that prove to be interesting!  If there are some teams that people would like to see removed from the pool, then we can talk about it.

Zalmo won't like this one bit, but... RNGesus is the true god.  Sorry to break it to ya, man.

(Also, I'm always updating the memory card generator's team list, which can be downloaded in this thread: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11117.0.)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3RK1n2ZPqxk8wZdG8-wyng (Can't get a custom URL yet.)
- Additional team information can be found on YouTube in the description section for each match.
- The embedded videos only run in 720p30.  If you want 720p60, you will have to watch them on YouTube.

Damn that did not go my way... i finally have info on a fatal flaw to my team... this team i felt was one of my strongest but yet it feel quickly to the zombie+raise 2 tactic. i will have to rectify that when i can. GG!

Quote from: White Knight Wiegraf on October 30, 2015, 03:34:27 am
Here are the gauntlet matches I had scheduled.

Gauntlet Match - Intergalactic real estate agents (Rouroni Elmdor)

Matches:
Rouroni Elmdor vs Reks (Squired Away)
CT5Holy (Iron Will) vs Rouroni Elmdor
Rouroni Elmdor vs Mudvayne (Caster Chix)
Andrew (Unlikely Pairings Ep.5) vs Rouroni Elmdor

Gauntlet Match - I wanna be the Leeroy (fpkfor)

Matches:
fpkfor vs Soul Squad (Corosar)
The Turks (Lakitu673) vs fpkfor
fpkfor vs Midnight Platoon (Anima Zero)
Store Wars (dw6561) vs fpkfor

that shadow shade is a neusense and a very real fear to my teams. other than that scholar i didn't really see any threat to the team. but i did notice something that agitated me alot.... my god damn paladin deciding to be a coward when in practice he can be the strongest unit on the team. *Sighs* ahh well that was a great match thanks!
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

TrueLight

Thanks for the match, Reks.

Well, that was quick. Got off to decent starts in both rounds, but couldn't quite finish. Archer deciding to attack the wall just for the lolz. GG Barren.
  • Modding version: PSX

Andrew

FFT Arena 1.39c: Krypt (Double Edge - Black)  -=VS=-  Reks (Unrelenting Force - Red)

FFT Arena 1.39c: Rouroni Elmdor (Ban Hammer - Blue)  -=VS=-  Heroebal (Meatbone Slash Plus Some Random Nonsense For the Win!!! - Black)

FFT Arena 1.39c: Andrew (Unlikely Pairings - Episode 02 - Brown)  -=VS=-  dw6561 (Anger Management - Red)

The maps are randomly-selected (www.random.org) from a modified list of the maps that Gaignun deemed worthy in this thread: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8608.0.

I randomize who fights who, as well.  Once an active player is selected, I then randomly pick one of their teams, unless there's some sort of exception, of course.  If somebody has a request, I will fulfil it to the best of my ability.  Anybody that has a match will have to wait until everybody else also had one before being recorded again.

I know that this results in some one-sided matches, but there are also some pairings that people may have not thought of before that prove to be interesting!  If there are some teams that people would like to see removed from the pool, then we can talk about it.

Zalmo won't like this one bit, but... RNGesus is the true god.  Sorry to break it to ya, man.

(Also, I'm always updating the memory card generator's team list, which can be downloaded in this thread: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11117.0.)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3RK1n2ZPqxk8wZdG8-wyng (Can't get a custom URL yet.)
- Additional team information can be found on YouTube in the description section for each match.
- The embedded videos only run in 720p30.  If you want 720p60, you will have to watch them on YouTube.

Reks

The match I showed was actually the second take. I had recorded before, and Camtasia again had refused to record system audio. The outcome of that was far different- TL won, and the rounds went on for far longer. If you want, I'll rerecord and pay proper attention to things.

dw6561

Ouch! The poison combined with the inability of my team to reach his was devastating. I'll bet that even if at least one of those steal hearts had landed, it wouldn't have changed anything. GG.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Reks

TrueLight

No need to apologize, Reks. I'm glad someone was able to showcase my team two times in the first day I posted the team. As for the match itself, I really do need to fix that Silence problem. Thought I could get by since Silence is less common these days, but nope. GG. I did enjoy the derps and my Berserk units attacking nothing.

Shintroy

4 minute match featuring ban hammer? GG. Super biased sorry Heroebal, but that's how it goes against this team. GL reaching his team though.

R1 - Achievment unlocked: 10 steps taken

R2 - Z Desert? Lol

Always a good watch when it's Ban Hammer. GG.

Andrew

Quote from: Shintroy on October 31, 2015, 03:02:47 pm

4 minute match featuring ban hammer? GG. Super biased sorry Heroebal, but that's how it goes against this team. GL reaching his team though.

R1 - Achievment unlocked: 10 steps taken

R2 - Z Desert? Lol

Always a good watch when it's Ban Hammer. GG.

Good-old RNGesus working his magic, Shintroy!  In all seriousness, I wasn't a fan of these recent match-ups, either.  I've already planned a bonus match between Heroebal and dw6561, which will be uploaded alongside my other daily matches.  Teams like my Episode 02 or Rouroni's Ban Hammer have been removed from the pool.  Truth be told, when I played FFTA many years ago, I detested the illusionists or whatever they are called, and I feel similarly about Lore and Wiznaibus (besides using them in 2/7 of my teams... oh, Andrew, you silly goose).

Heroebal

Yeah the hammer came down quickly to ban me from winning. Hard to reach his team unless you have the right absorb or counter abilities or some quick healing via murasame or something similar. I believe I tested either Biebes team or Mimesmania (I'm pretty sure this one) against ban hammer and the match went on and on and on....both teams just kept negating each other's rounds of lores. Roni was still slowly gaining the advantage though If I remember right.

Working on the next round of battle royal matches at the moment they're done recording just working/waiting on editing the fat out. I'll probably run out of time before work cometh, will have to finish up afterwards.  Not sure about the sound I think it might just be my crappy headset/cpu b/c I recorded just wordpad and that had some annoying back noise as well. I could look for a different sound plugin or maybe I can fix it a little through youtube edit. I see you can add music through youtube I could look into that also.

Barren

If you go to pete's plugins I'm sure you'll find something. Google psx emulator sound plugins and it should be one of the first you'll see

Kurosabes

I want to record Halloween-themed matches. Not a whole lot of people have themed teams though so if anyone has ideas for matchups let me know. I'll be back later tonight
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Andrew

FFT Arena 1.39c: Barren (Suicide Squad - Black)  -=VS=-  White Knight Wiegraf (Storm - Yellow)

FFT Arena 1.39c: twistedmime009 (matter - Black)  -=VS=-  Lakitu673 (Lady Killers - Yellow)

FFT Arena 1.39c: Andante49 (PA Mime - Red)  -=VS=-  CT5Holy (Two Swords Mime Funsies - Yellow)

Here's an apology for how the RNG went yesterday.  Even I, an RNGesus worshipper, feel bad about those two.  I will no longer use extreme, map-wide, damage-based teams.

FFT Arena 1.39c: Heroebal (Meatbone Slash Plus Some Random Nonsense For the Win!!! - Black)  -=VS=-  dw6561 (Anger Management - Red)

Shintroy

Wasn't complaining about the
one sided match
but I see what you mean.  I like the idea of a mulligan match to make up for one sided RNG match ups though.

Status Mime(?) vs Caster Team (?)
short video, but I think twisted can close out matches quickly with his petrifies.

R1 - Brutal. twisted's team definitely lacks recovery and defense and combined with the severe speed disadvantage there's no way he was coming back from those quick KOs.

R2 - Quickening, Hawk's eye... I like the idea and how well it works in this team. Would love to see a unit execute it better though. She'd run into problems against a more solid team due to her running out of MP with the weak mp pool.

GG. Both teams have room to grow so I'm looking forward to the upgrades.

Also twistedmime posted some new teams, but didn't bump his post. Just a heads up to uploaders in case you guys missed it.

Requesting one match for the concept team. I ran some test matches and think it's worth one exhibition match. GL vs RNGesus.

Dancer/Snipe with Hidden Knife, Talk Skill Mime, Time/White with Stop, and a cover fire monk? I've seen some things.

Heroebal

Quote from: White Knight Wiegraf on October 31, 2015, 05:47:03 pm
I want to record Halloween-themed matches. Not a whole lot of people have themed teams though so if anyone has ideas for matchups let me know. I'll be back later tonight

Maybe different undead team variations or teams based around zombie-ing the enemy, plus if there's any monster named ones out there.

"Knights of the living dead" could fit Halloween Since it's a "play" off of Romero "night of the living dead"

dw6561

October 31, 2015, 08:05:57 pm #4599 Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 09:12:32 pm by dw6561

Well the RNG didn't work in my favor this time. Round 2 was a good example of what would have happened if we could get at least one berserk/charm/don't act, but it didn't want to cooperate. And no evasion in the world was going to stop Hawk's eye from two shotting my characters, so we really needed those statuses to land. GG.

EDIT: You guys can use my Halloween team, I won't mind.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.