• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:53:16 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Barren

That round 3 was pretty intense for a minute. The time mage for me did a good job being a decoy for my archer to get back up. GG man, your quad paladin team is pretty tanky

Its rare for you to lose two in a row but thankfully my undead based team made it possible somehow. Thankfully the talk skill and comet combo were ways to get around your paladin's evasion. GG andrew
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Andrew

Your team is the perfect anti-my undead teams, heh.  Fire, unavoidable damage, Slow (I've thought about giving the paladins Slow immunity because it absolutely destroys them), enemy undead (my paladins like to waste their valuable turns throwing potions at the enemy instead of themselves), Refute, and Steal Accessory (it wasn't even needed!)... not a whole lot I could do!  I wouldn't be surprised if your team won the entire battle royal.  GG!
  • Modding version: PSX

silentkaster

Pretty even match. GG. Lucky that Paladin went for Southern Cross instead of something else to get the double kill. Wouldn't have lived without it.

Because you had put in your spoiler that you were facing Andrew's team, I already knew I lost without having watched the match. So I may or may not watch it at this point now because I already know the outcome. I think for any Battle Royal matches like this, it might be better just to put a spoiler tab and not label it. That way, regardless of who wins any matches, it won't spoil it on the thread.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Barren

Ahh my bad silentkaster. I'll keep that in mind next time

Heroebal

I think Shintroy/Andrew/WhiteKnightWiegraf's type of posting "winner of Match## vs xx or Me vs winner of match ## or Battle Royal spoilers" or something similar is a good way to go prevent spoilers. Silentkaster the 3rd round was a pretty exciting finish one more strike or one spell miss was pretty much the deciding factor."

Mudvayne

GG, man. Very close. I made a few edits to this team after this match up so hopefully they can put out a little more damage to be able to finish strong.

Man, your team is beastly. The hawks eye putting my archer out of commission immediately left me with pretty much no chance of coming back from that. Still undecided if I want to keep an archer and a ninja or go back to two archers for the team. GG Fpkfor, your team is pretty impressive, you have quite the win streak going on. Glad to see you doing so well in Arena!

Andrew

Starting today, anybody that has a match will have to wait until everybody else also had one before being recorded again.

FFT Arena 1.39c: Shintroy (Donuts - White)  -=VS=-  reinoe (12 Gauge - Black)

FFT Arena 1.39c: Mudvayne (Self Sufficient - Green)  -=VS=-  silentkaster (Double Date - White)

FFT Arena 1.39c: Corosar (Nightmare Hunters - Red)  -=VS=-  Gaignun (Cloudsurfing - Blue)

The rounds will always go as follows:

Round 1 = medium-sized maps
Round 2 = large/small-sized maps
Tiebreaker = medium-sized maps

The maps are randomly-selected (www.random.org) from a modified list of the maps that Gaignun deemed worthy in this thread: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8608.0.

I randomize who fights who, as well.  Once an active player is selected, I then randomly pick one of their teams, unless there's some sort of exception, of course.  If somebody has a request, I will fulfil it to the best of my ability.  Anybody that has a match will have to wait until everybody else also had one before being recorded again.

I know that this results in some one-sided matches, but there are also some pairings that people may have not thought of before that prove to be interesting!  If there are some teams that people would like to see removed from the pool, then we can talk about it.

Zalmo won't like this one bit, but... RNGesus is the true god.  Sorry to break it to ya, man.

(Also, I'm always updating the memory card generator's team list, which can be downloaded in this thread: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11117.0.)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3RK1n2ZPqxk8wZdG8-wyng (Can't get a custom URL yet.)
- Additional team information can be found on YouTube in the description section for each match.
- The embedded videos only run in 720p30.  If you want 720p60, you will have to watch them on YouTube.

silentkaster

Thanks for the match Andrew.

Well, RNG is not being kind to me today I can see. Round 2 was especially unkind with a Charm missing, Raise 2 missing, and dumb AI charging toward the two handed dancer instead of reviving or moving to the side and still being able to charge the spell. GG.

Shintroy

Stalling Mime vs 12 speed SP boosting team
Looks like an even match up on paper. It's going to come down to reinoe's thief charming my chemist. I remember having a hard time choosing between berserk and charm immunity for the chemist.

R1 - Reinoe gets the upper hand by getting a 15 or 16 sp unit at the start of the match. My monk goes down and stays down as expected. The match doesn't pick up until my time mage gets cornered surprisingly. Mimicry combos, consecutive successful talk skills and lots of stalling. I should not have won this one the rng was way too in my favor near the end.

R2 - Charm comes into play this round which leads to my own chemist undoing every turn beforehand. Sick armor break into blaze gun combo to take out my monk. No coming back from that due the charm.

R3 - Looked even until my mime chooses to sleep my charmed chemist.

GG. I didn't think that that thief would be cause such a problem. Good stuff.

Thanks for the match Andrew. Definitely had all three of those battle royale matches spoiled. Two thumbs up. I'll just skip those and wait for the next set of matches.
Some day my people will be free.

Andrew

You're all welcome, as always!
---

Welcome to Arena, twistedmime009!  Here is your first match.  Any tips for the newcomer, guys?

FFT Arena 1.39c: twistedmime009 (matter - Black)  -=VS=-  CT5Holy (Crossbow Test - Blue)

The rounds will always go as follows:

Round 1 = medium-sized maps
Round 2 = large/small-sized maps
Tiebreaker = medium-sized maps

The maps are randomly-selected (www.random.org) from a modified list of the maps that Gaignun deemed worthy in this thread: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8608.0.

I randomize who fights who, as well.  Once an active player is selected, I then randomly pick one of their teams, unless there's some sort of exception, of course.  If somebody has a request, I will fulfil it to the best of my ability.  Anybody that has a match will have to wait until everybody else also had one before being recorded again.

I know that this results in some one-sided matches, but there are also some pairings that people may have not thought of before that prove to be interesting!  If there are some teams that people would like to see removed from the pool, then we can talk about it.

Zalmo won't like this one bit, but... RNGesus is the true god.  Sorry to break it to ya, man.

(Also, I'm always updating the memory card generator's team list, which can be downloaded in this thread: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11117.0.)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3RK1n2ZPqxk8wZdG8-wyng (Can't get a custom URL yet.)
- Additional team information can be found on YouTube in the description section for each match.
- The embedded videos only run in 720p30.  If you want 720p60, you will have to watch them on YouTube.

twistedmime009

My match
wooo! i won my first match, i thought i would lose because that summoner started destroying my team,but that mime,charms and petrify kept me from getting owned. gg ct5Holy.
butter toast,butter toast,butter toast -ed

dw6561

I had high expectations of that oracle going in, and it looks like my opinion was not unjustified. She was definitely MVP during that, with all the petrify and Beguile action going on. Being able to absorb Ramuh helped a lot too. Nice job on the first match, twistedmime009!

This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Shintroy

My only tip to you twistedmime009 is....
change your avatar color before you catch the damned's luck. Maybe white mime? Blue? Purple is the best btw.
Some day my people will be free.

Kurosabes

October 30, 2015, 03:34:27 am #4573 Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 04:10:29 am by White Knight Wiegraf
Here are the gauntlet matches I had scheduled.

Gauntlet Match - Intergalactic real estate agents (Rouroni Elmdor)

Matches:
Rouroni Elmdor vs Reks (Squired Away)
CT5Holy (Iron Will) vs Rouroni Elmdor
Rouroni Elmdor vs Mudvayne (Caster Chix)
Andrew (Unlikely Pairings Ep.5) vs Rouroni Elmdor

Gauntlet Match - I wanna be the Leeroy (fpkfor)

Matches:
fpkfor vs Soul Squad (Corosar)
The Turks (Lakitu673) vs fpkfor
fpkfor vs Midnight Platoon (Anima Zero)
Store Wars (dw6561) vs fpkfor
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

silentkaster

Quote from: Andrew on October 29, 2015, 07:17:33 pm

Welcome to Arena, twistedmime009!  Here is your first match.  Any tips for the newcomer, guys?

Great first showing!!!
My tips are on your Mime and Archer.

Mime- Change Attack UP to Magic Attack UP and make it a female. OR if you want the extra punch damage, do Martial Arts or Two Swords. Attack UP right now is only raising the attack of your punches but he has Kiku which is an MA based draw out. If you want stronger Draw Out Damage, Magic Attack UP is the way to go. If you want more punch damage, then Martial Arts and Two Swords both get better damage than you're getting now.

Archer: I would give her some way to heal herself, even if it's just changing Flee to Move-HP UP. As it currently is, with Flee, she'll run wayyyyy back if she goes into critical or gets picked up with Phoenix Down. Unless she has Regen from Masamune, depending on the map, she may never get back in the fight. With Archers this is less of a gamble since they have ranged weapons, but still, on big maps this can really be a game breaker. (If you want to see what I mean, see the most recent Reks vs. Mudvayne fight recorded by Andrew. Both sides had units who couldn't heal themselves and stayed out of the action until they got another unit to heal them which was difficult since they were so far back already.) While this is normally not a huge thing, since she has Flee, she can easily run out of range of your healers.

Those would be my only two suggestions. Great first match! Congrats!

fpkfor

Wait,why is everyone serpentarius if i made everyone best compat with the scholar?

Barren

Serpentarius is always neutral compat in case you don't want to deal with RNG luck

Andrew

Quote from: fpkfor on October 30, 2015, 10:49:20 am
Wait,why is everyone serpentarius if i made everyone best compat with the scholar?

It must be an older version of your team because they're all Serpentarius in my generator, as well.  I noticed that you edited your team submissions post.  I may be updating/uploading the generator too fast... I'll only do it once a day for now on in order to avoid an issue like this, sorry.  In any case, thanks for the gauntlets, WKW!

Round 1: The most cramped of the small maps.  If redirection wasn't going to happen here, I would honestly be surprised... which I was because it was mostly your monk having his fun with my team, heh.  The Slow makes my already-slow team act like it's treading through mud... of course, Steal Heart is the icing on the cake!

Round 2: Bigger map usually means I'll do much better since I have space and time to get a Magic Song or two off.  With Steal Accessory's chance to land being so high, I'm surprised that it failed on your first attempt.  Your male thief separating early on wasn't helping you out any, either, and I'm happy that I made my samurai tanky enough to even endure 365-damage Holys at times, haha.  That Counter Magic, Nether Fire, double-kill kamikaze was frigging hilarious, LOL.  In any case, having space to operate is what gave me the advantage here, and not much else.

Round 3: I felt like it could have been anybody's game here, but those frequent slows really hurt... really, really hurt!  Me losing because of Slow+facing a speedy team seems to be a trend as of late.  I suppose I can be thankful that those charms kept missing, but they eventually landed since my entire team was moving like molasses.  Not really much else to say here other than I suck and GG, Rouroni!  Awesome team you have there.

God, Steal is such a potent skillset, lol.

Kurosabes

Yeah I took it directly from Andrew's generator file. I will do more checks next time I roll a very recent team.
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Heroebal

Here's the next round of Battle Royal Matches.

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match #10: Winner of Match#9 vs Malroth (Slightly Derpier) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65ZoMYaQogw

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match#11: Winner of Match #10 vs Reks (Your Status is Served) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKIQBAmbDP0

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match #12: Winner of Match #11 vs Krypt (Global Warming) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ-VVaN1q2Y