• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT 1.3 AI Tournament Season 5 ☢ ☢ ☢ [FINISHED] Post-Discussion

Started by Wiz, May 27, 2011, 12:04:42 am

veliuz

OMG! almost time for Wiz to start up again; I've been waiting for ages to put the hammer on Jansported.

GL

Mando

I'd be super worried about the battle that maybe after with barren or oracle. (I'm thinking barren will take the top bracket)

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

jansported

June 06, 2011, 01:36:17 am #162 Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 01:36:38 am by jansported
Quote from: veliuz on June 05, 2011, 10:38:43 pm
OMG! almost time for Wiz to start up again; I've been waiting for ages to put the hammer on Jansported.

GL

haha <3 hopefully that high phys attack doesn't backfire with my charm! :D

Kaz

gotta compliment Barren and wiz on gettin the matches up fast. really moving along well this season!

prediction: red bracket will come down to zenius and barren.
to hell with you mustadio haters

Barren

Quote from: Kaz on June 06, 2011, 01:56:05 am
gotta compliment Barren and wiz on gettin the matches up fast. really moving along well this season!

prediction: red bracket will come down to zenius and barren.

Thanks for your support Kaz :) me and him have been doing our very best to keep everyone entertained with the matches we've been putting up so far and there's plenty more to come

as far as your prediction Kaz: it may very well come true, Zenius (Dol 2) may be my biggest obstacle because of his HIGH DPS output strategy. It'd be certainly the one match people will be looking forward to and cant decide on who will win
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Zenius

I'll have to beat guys like Otabo or PX or FFM or the likes for that to happen :P

Nevertheless, Dol sure does come up with fun teams.

Barren

Oh I'm sure you can plow you're way deep into the final 8 or 4 while i catch up to you :D

Like I said, if you beat me should it come to that, I'll be rooting for you to win

Barren

June 06, 2011, 03:01:51 pm #167 Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 03:08:52 pm by Barren
Battle 29 Master_Arbiter4 vs Seijin

Battle 30 thi13en vs lurker

Battle 31 efrate vs ThrowAway

Battle 32 Squidgy vs BlameGod

Okay, let's get the next series of matches rolling!!!

If we don't have the loser's bracket ready, then Wiz its your turn to take command!

Squidgy

ThrowAway's Bard is supposed to have Angel Song, not Life Song. Too bad about Frog 2 never connecting once, ever, ever.

Oh Charm... silly silly Charm.

Kaz

As i was gonna post in my original but forgot: dol (dol 1) is my fave to win the tourney.  His team's just a better representation of what i tried to do with mine (high dps and crippling statuses).
to hell with you mustadio haters

Piercewise

Quotegotta compliment Barren and wiz on gettin the matches up fast. really moving along well this season!

Agreed! You guys are amazing.

QuoteIf we don't have the loser's bracket ready, then Wiz its your turn to take command!

Ready to go! I've got three matches done, running another tonight and two more tomorrow. Should I split them up (today/tomorrow) or wait until I'm done and dump them all at once? I'm going on a short vacation Wednesday so everything will definitely get posted by Tuesday night.
Seto: "Are you trying to tell me that Yugi and I are destined to play card games for eternity?"
Ishizu: "Yes."
Seto: "Best. Destiny. Ever."

Dol

Quote from: Kaz on June 06, 2011, 04:43:49 pm
As i was gonna post in my original but forgot: dol (dol 1) is my fave to win the tourney.  His team's just a better representation of what i tried to do with mine (high dps and crippling statuses).

Thanks for the vote of confidence Kaz, but I dont think I'm getting out of round 2, much less go the distance.  I went 21/11 in my predictions for the first round.  Better than I thought I'd do, but still not very good.  CT5Holy is the only match that has really messed up my bracket, but oh well.

I've enjoyed seeing all the first round matches, some really interesting teams out there.  I still have
Aquilae
as the team to beat, but I dont think anyone will reach the finals without earning it and then some. 

Looking forward to hearing Pierce again as he was disproportionally enthusiastic about my S2 team that got promply rolled.  Too bad he wont get to cast my team in the Netherworld as we are on opposite sides of the bracket :(

Good job to Wiz and Barren for the commentaries and keeping everything rolling along.  Good luck to everyone!   :D

Wiz

Quote from: Piercewise on June 06, 2011, 06:21:23 pm
Ready to go! I've got three matches done, running another tonight and two more tomorrow. Should I split them up (today/tomorrow) or wait until I'm done and dump them all at once?

Split 'em up (3 today, 3 tomorrow). It's easier for everyone to view for consistency's sake ;)

Pretty effective w/ the High DPS + Sleep 2 on Dol's part

Wow, that knight's dodgy as hell :shock:

Damn Choco Guard!

Tanky ninja's have proven to make themselves effective in this tourney

thi13en worked so hard to bring it to a tiebreaker then it all fell apart to that level 4 spell :cry:

MP Switch low HP DO Wizard/Mages have proven just how powerful they are :o

Charm!

Piercewise

June 06, 2011, 10:11:20 pm #173 Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 10:14:49 pm by Piercewise
Loser's Bracket action has started!

Battle 1 LOSER'S BRACKET dinosaur vs Fanatic

Battle 2 LOSER'S BRACKET Celdia vs RedWorld

Battle 3 LOSER'S BRACKET UniqueTown Portal vs skiploom188

I apologize for the few amateur mistakes I make in these (visible mouse pointer, long pauses, etc) - I'm a little out of practice, but getting better. Hope you enjoy the matches nonetheless!
Seto: "Are you trying to tell me that Yugi and I are destined to play card games for eternity?"
Ishizu: "Yes."
Seto: "Best. Destiny. Ever."

Aquilae

Cocatrices look great! I should have put one in my team =P
:gay:

Dol

Mordbol Virus cures frog???  That was awesome!

Gaignun

Why are we using maps like Hospital in the Slums?  Those maps were weeded out last season.

thi13en

GG! My 1st tournament...better luck for me in the loser's  ;)

Barren

Quote from: Piercewise on June 06, 2011, 10:11:20 pm
I apologize for the few amateur mistakes I make in these (visible mouse pointer, long pauses, etc) - I'm a little out of practice, but getting better. Hope you enjoy the matches nonetheless!

Its okay man, we all know you've been out of practice, but just to let you know, when you introduce the units, make sure they see the equipment and their setup at the same time. other than that, good job piercewise :) good to have you back

Wiz

Moldbol Virus curing frog was SAVAG SICK!

Wildbow missing 3 73% charms in a row :(

2x Petrify Proc ftw :O

I didn't like the picture fuzzing out from time to time, but still overall very good matches ;)

To help prevent spoilers, I changed the titles of the vids such that the participant's names were removed, so do that from now on :D

Quote from: Gaignun on June 06, 2011, 11:45:24 pm
Why are we using maps like Hospital in the Slums?  Those maps were weeded out last season.

They were rid of then because the movement targeting's buggy, which is not a good reason to rid of them especially now. Besides, they're still perfectly playable maps, and they add more flavor to the Map pool.