• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:34:14 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT 1.3 AI Tournament Season 5 ☢ ☢ ☢ [FINISHED] Post-Discussion

Started by Wiz, May 27, 2011, 12:04:42 am

Wiz

Match 10 Jansported vs Shade

Match 11 The3rdOracle vs st4rw3k4r

Match 12 Barren vs Truelight

Match 11 I forgot to add 2 min or so of music at the end and Barren's Oracle in Match 12 wasn't floating (+ the intro's super quiet since I was in a time crunch), my apologies in advance.

Just literally got done uploading these like two min ago and have got < 11 min before I gotta leave the library...

if somebody could post this info on GameFAQs under the Season 5 thread, that'd be great (I would do so myself, but have < 9 min before I'm outta here).
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Piercewise

Hey guys,

Sorry I'm behind on starting the loser's bracket - I had some tech problems which have been fixed and then today there were TORNADOES! But I'll have results up starting Thursday or Friday.
Seto: "Are you trying to tell me that Yugi and I are destined to play card games for eternity?"
Ishizu: "Yes."
Seto: "Best. Destiny. Ever."

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: Piercewise on June 01, 2011, 10:24:18 pm
Hey guys,

Sorry I'm behind on starting the loser's bracket - I had some tech problems which have been fixed and then today there were TORNADOES! But I'll have results up starting Thursday or Friday.

Tornadoes?  I hope you're all right.
Pierce, to be honest, the loser's bracket shouldn't be posted until all of the winner's bracket is done.  This way, there's less confusion.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Barren

June 01, 2011, 11:42:55 pm #103 Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 06:30:37 am by Barren
Wogdog serves MVP IMO

T3O was just breezing through this battle

Damn man....that was a slaughter on my part :) GG TrueLight, good luck in the loser's bracket
You dare cross blades with me?

OhGodBears!

@fdc.  Because (I think) they are gonna put the Champion up against the winner of the Loser's bracket they are going to do it at the same time.  Would be a bit of a hassle if the winning team had to wait through 62 (or some high number) more to find out if they were the true champs.  I could be wrong though.

Edit:  great matches so far.

Gaignun

Quote from: formerdeathcorps on June 01, 2011, 11:03:30 pm
Tornadoes?  I hope you're all right.
Pierce, to be honest, the loser's bracket shouldn't be posted until all of the winner's bracket is done.  This way, there's less confusion.

I'm willing to upload my matches as soon as I get them (time permitting) to speed things along.  The loser's and winner's brackets were uploaded in parallel last season, and that season took long enough.

BlameGod

Wait a sec, so you are saying that we are not using the monster stats that were posted in the rules section of the s5 registration thread? To me that would be absurd. Of my units the wildbow is the weakest, and i was borderline about using it with charm in the 80's which I think is the way it has to stay since, well, those are the rules... If not since my match isn't posted may i please change that unit?

formerdeathcorps

June 02, 2011, 01:36:52 am #107 Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 01:39:29 am by formerdeathcorps
Quote from: OhGodBears! on June 01, 2011, 11:52:44 pm
@fdc.  Because (I think) they are gonna put the Champion up against the winner of the Loser's bracket they are going to do it at the same time.  Would be a bit of a hassle if the winning team had to wait through 62 (or some high number) more to find out if they were the true champs.  I could be wrong though.

Edit:  great matches so far.

What I had in mind was R1 (winners), then R1 (losers), R2 (winners), R2 (losers), and so on.

What I don't want to see is while R1 (winners) is half done, R1 (losers) is also being put up, because that could be confusing.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

The3rdOracle

Quick note about my team: I originally had 2 Countermagic Bards on this team planned out before the rules were posted. Once I saw the new 1 skill/item/etc limit, I had to quickly replace Bard #2. I didn't get much time to really test it with the change, but I hope it does well. :)

Really liking the music so far, Wiz. It's nostalgic.  :oops:

UniqueTownPortal

Now I can say that MY team won 3 out of 5 matches, won 2 of 3 maps and still lost :) Best luck PX :)

Barren

June 02, 2011, 06:23:16 am #110 Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 08:23:18 pm by Barren
Quote from: Piercewise on June 01, 2011, 10:24:18 pm
Hey guys,

i live in the same place as you do piercewise, i know how it is....whenever you're ready to throw on some loser bracket matches, fire it up

Barren

One thing i would like to point out to the commentators is before you start recording, make sure that when you go to the formation screen that the unit has the ability that was flagged for them...we've come across some minor errors already.

So piercewise, fdc, gaignun and Wiz make sure that every unit has their abilities show up in the skill tree as "learned" before you start recording...my oracle NOT using raise 2 even though she mad MP is a perfect example of it so watch out

Barren

June 02, 2011, 08:59:05 am #112 Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 09:38:30 am by Barren
for battle #30 i have to pick a different map for R1 because on the P2 side they only have 3 units present while P1 has all 4

Eternal

At least we're getting all these weird little errors sorted out in the first round of the battles, as opposed to later.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Barren

now, if no one can solve it because i dont have much experience with changing the unit location on map, can i pick a different map for round 1?

Pride

I have no idea what is causing there error... The patcher says everything is fine but your video clearly shows only 3 units...
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Wiz

@Barren: Go ahead, use random.org to pick your medium sized map. I've got NO idea why it doesn't work for you (try another set of teams perhaps).

@BlameGod: *Sigh* The answer is "no", you can't change your wildbow and here's why according to Celdia's Wisdom (If you dislike what she has to say, start a "BlameCeldia" petition then <.< She may be blunt and sound harsh, but trust me, she's just calling out the situation like it is.)

Quote from: CeldiaMistakes were made, nobody is perfect and not absolutely everything got double-checked in a timely manner. That said, this tournament IS for fun and there aren't any grand prizes to be won or anything so having a less than perfect team shouldn't be some huge worry. If we let you retcon your team at this point for that reason then we have to let other entrants do the same and that is just going to cause a bigger pile of problems. Perhaps if you'd entered a team before the last few hours of registration, this wouldn't be an issue right now. As it is, you should be happy someone that doesn't even know you championed your entry to the tournament and let you get your team entered at all.

Wiz

Match 13 Pride vs Aquilae
Match 14 Havermayer vs Smitson
Match 15 philsov vs Jaakl (FROGS LOLOLOLOL)
Match 16 LordBobBree vs PrismSword

Sweet! Now I can take a break for a bit + I'm halfway done with my assigned matches :mrgreen:

Your turn Barren. And BRING IT ON CT5HOLY! :cool:

st4rw4k3r

Directly after this match, I saw my team had many problems. Well, at least my Lancer did some cool jumping! ^-^

Barren

Aquilae's team....just brutal on the offense!

Very nice blend of DPS and AOE Smitson, very well done

got frog?

Shadow FTW!