• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:34:50 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Dinosaur's Animations - On Hold.

Started by dinosaur, April 13, 2011, 12:55:54 am

Durbs

Hey, can you make green-paletted versions of all of the item animations? I want to make a class called an 'Herbalist' as a replacement to the chemist. They would use herbs and natural remedies in place of the consumable items of fft. I changed their sprites accordingly, but it looks unusual with the regularly colored animations.
  • Modding version: PSX

dinosaur

June 24, 2011, 11:53:52 pm #81 Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 11:57:17 pm by dinosaur
E137
Heaven's Cloud-less

Pride, did you want those other spinney things removed too?

Pride

June 25, 2011, 12:11:08 am #82 Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 12:11:34 am by Pride
Huzzah! Thank you very much!

Edit: No its just the way I want it :P
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Pierce

Holy crap. The Heaven's Cloud thing looks freaking awesome. Probably the best thing I've seen yet.
I'm curious as to whether or not it's possible to have Choco Meteor, but instead of a meteor, something else like a drop of water. I don't need it for myself because I'm not making a patch or anything, I just know there aren't a lot of water animations for people that want to add Water/Watera/Waterga etc into their patches.
Ignorance itself is a crime! - Miluda

Pokiehl

Hello Dino are you still taking requests ?
If so i'd like to ask you for a Holy Explosion E.167 with a dark palette e.g. Dark Whisper E.395
Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Mando

Doesn't work. Holy Explosion will form errors or not take the color properly... I've tried many times already.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Jubei1986

Was also wondering if u were still taking requests? If u r, I was wondering if I could get the poison spell in red possibly? Also, do u know how to change the color of a sprite that is under the poison effect. Like when ur poisoned, u turn green, would u perhaps know how to change that to red or blue. Actually if u could do poison in blue to, that would be amazing :)

dinosaur

Quote from: Jubei1986 on September 06, 2011, 07:02:14 pm
Was also wondering if u were still taking requests? If u r, I was wondering if I could get the poison spell in red possibly? Also, do u know how to change the color of a sprite that is under the poison effect. Like when ur poisoned, u turn green, would u perhaps know how to change that to red or blue. Actually if u could do poison in blue to, that would be amazing :)

Your wish is my command, good sir.

However I am not aware how to change the color of the actual unit. I do believe it is possible but you have to find the right person who can find the poison command code. Not sure who knows...

***One idea is that berserk units turn red! You can have the attack have the berserk ability but take off the berserk status so only the color stays.

Reks

It's too bad that you only mentioned using the spriteless summon animations for exactly that- Spriteless. Odin's in green would be exactly what I need for an attack i've thought up
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Major.Figgelz

New to posting in the forums, I've been messing with all this stuff for a while, trying to get good enough to make a patch, and all that good jazz. I was wondering if there were any step-by-step video tutorials on how to make a custom skill animation, from start to finish (As that would be more effective than me requesting, uh... I think 16 different skills I'm trying to make?). Anything you could offer would be greatly appreciated, and if I'm not realizing something and being a retard, tell me and I'll keep from clogging the arteries of this site with my swill. Thanks in advance.

BTW, if it's on this site, as much time as I've spent scouring it, I've likely found it and it doesn't make sense to me... -_-;
I know, I'm an idiot.

RandMuadDib

As far as I know, we are currently limited to color changes and removing pieces from effects, we can't do anything with sound, adding effects, or creating new effects, because no one has figured out the coding for the animations
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: RandMuadDib on January 27, 2012, 10:50:21 pm
As far as I know, we are currently limited to color changes and removing pieces from effects, we can't do anything with sound, adding effects, or creating new effects, because no one has figured out the coding for the animations

You can replace pieces from effects with other pieces.  The very first video in this thread of Dinosaur's Cure + Allure edits shows this off.  You can't add new things to an effect, but you can change up large enough sections of the various effects that it can end up being completely unrecognizable.  The coding for animations is 99% likely to be simply based on event code, which I could edit with a hex editor if I cared, but it's likely strung around in different ways and has unique commands tossed in.

Major.Figgelz

I don't want to make a new one, necessarily. Ok, here's an idea of what I was hoping to do. I found the sprite for Dart, from LOD, and I wanted to alter the colors and in game effects of the Skeleton's "Anima/Soul" animation, to create something reminiscent of his "Flameshot". First, is that type of thing possible? Second, what program would you use to do it? I have tilemolester, but I'm not sure if that's the one I need.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Major.Figgelz on January 27, 2012, 11:48:36 pm
I don't want to make a new one, necessarily. Ok, here's an idea of what I was hoping to do. I found the sprite for Dart, from LOD, and I wanted to alter the colors and in game effects of the Skeleton's "Anima/Soul" animation, to create something reminiscent of his "Flameshot". First, is that type of thing possible? Second, what program would you use to do it? I have tilemolester, but I'm not sure if that's the one I need.

Yeah, that's pretty easy to do once you know how.  You actually need a number of different programs to do it from extraction of the original effect to inserting your final one, but TileMolester is one of them as I recall.  I know someone who's good with editing effects who I'll have post on this tomorrow when they're on if no one's pointed you in the right direction before then, since I really only have a cursory knowledge of it and I don't think anyone's made an actual Tutorial for it yet.

Taichii

a suggestion :D
nightsword with muramasa's evil faces perhaps? :D
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Eternal

Major Figgelz, wouldn't the Bomb's Flame Attack work for that?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Major.Figgelz

@Taichii - I wouldn't know HOW to do that, though. I think that would make an interesting looking skill, but I don't know how to make it, or even what programs I would need...

@Eternal - It actually might, I never thought of that.... O.O

Zozma

So dino, perhaps you can assist in putting together a proper Quakara and Quakaga spell effects, as there are good effects for:
Quake and Quakaja (either the original quake spell in the dimension magic set or the removied titan version)

"Mimic titan" would have been an ideal quakaga spell, however the effect does not follow the target :( so something else...

also, i have good water, watera, and waterga effects (using no-leviathan as waterja), as well as Aero, Aera, Aeroga (using tornado as Aeroja)

Would be great for you to do little videos for those too if you ever have the time.

And my idea for dark spells of equivelance woud be the: so no need to make these
Dark - Pitfall effect
Darkra - Demi2 effect
Darkga - Dark Whisper
Darkja- Blind2 effect or a violet ulmagest (if it works)

this is just something i did when i had my patch, making total balance of all the 8 elements this game has available.

I am, however, curious to see if "Ulmagest" is able to take a violet palette similar to dark holy
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Jubei1986

Not sure if your still taking requests Dino but if you are i could really use ur Bahamut - less animation change of palette to like a redish to make it somewhat flame/fire type of animation planning on using it as "Cosmo Memory" for red xiii in my patch.