• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:09:48 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Job level that requires both dancer or bard,what happens?

Started by scbw1234, July 14, 2014, 08:22:30 pm

scbw1234

If i want a job to require dancer or bard to reach certain level in patcher,what should i do?And if i set the requirement for both bard and dancer to reach certain level does that mean the job would be impossible to unlock?

Xifanie

The opposite gender job could be unlocked using spillover JP I'm pretty sure... it's not exactly ideal though.
I'm guessing you want:
lvl4 bard unlocks new job
OR
lvl4 dancer unlocks same new job
based on the unit's gender...

This would ideally require an ASM hack
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

scbw1234

Quote from: Xifanie on July 14, 2014, 09:49:39 pm
The opposite gender job could be unlocked using spillover JP I'm pretty sure... it's not exactly ideal though.
I'm guessing you want:
lvl4 bard unlocks new job
OR
lvl4 dancer unlocks same new job
based on the unit's gender...

This would ideally require an ASM hack

Thats exactly what i'm asking,i guess my discription is not clear on the matter :( I'll give it a edit......

So normally you can never do that right?Do you mean that if i set job level requirement for both dancer and bard,the job could only be unlock via spillover JP?

nitwit

http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Battle_Stats

0x00CC Bard Action Abilities 1-8
0x00CD Bard Action Abilities 7-16
0x00CE Bard R/S/M 1-6
0x00CF Dancer Action Abilities 1-8
0x00D0 Dancer Action Abilities 7-16
0x00D1 Dancer R/S/M 1-6
0x00FE Bard Job JP
0x0100 Dancer Job JP
0x0126 Total Bard Job JP
0x0128 Total Dancer Job JP

Spillover JP should work, but you'll never see or access the job that a character can't become due to gender.

What happens if I do this?

Dancer requires no levels in any jobs (accessible from the beginning for females).
Bard requires no levels in any job too.
Squire requires level 8 Dancer and level 8 Bard.
Make new guest in Mandalia, set guest to Squire, make it male.

Will this new guest spend the points it acquired from 8 levels in Dancer?  Does the game check if computer generated characters can access a job before spending points from that job?

Xifanie

• You can't give Squire job requirements

• Spillover JP happens without having unlocked said job (There MIGHT be an exception for bard/dancer, but I doubt it)

• The game doesn't care if you can access the job or not to unlock another one; only levels matter

• Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful