• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:27:01 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Shuriken requiring mana?

Started by MaglithOran, July 02, 2014, 01:09:36 pm

MaglithOran

Hey guys, long time viewer but just registered, hopefully you guys can help me out.

I recently got that yearly itch to replay through FFT, and I generally make my own characters, swap sprites, etc.  I'm using the insane edition.

redoing ramza's skills, I gave him shuriken, exact one used by ninja.

In game, even at full mana it's flashing red and says I don't have enough mana to use it, which is curious.

I have shurikens in my inventory.   Looking at all the properties for shuriken I can't find anything wrong, so I'm hoping you guys have some ideas.  Can post pics or whatever is needed.

Xifanie

Throw uses a special skillset type, just like Jump/Item/Draw Out that makes said abilities 100% incompatible in other skillset types. Adding the ability to throw inventory shuriken to a normal skillset like Guts is out of the question because the amount of hacking to accomplish this would be ridiculous.

FFT: Arena uses it's own custom Shuriken ability, which doesn't consume a shuriken, nor can you see one being visually thrown.
That's your best bet, really.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful