• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Suggestion Box

Started by Zozma, February 07, 2009, 06:11:27 pm

Zozma

March 09, 2009, 12:35:41 am #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i dont think olan counts but berserker as a generic enemy unit, plus barret and bolmna. not to mention im really trying to get tamera in the story somehow
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Smitson

March 09, 2009, 07:32:13 pm #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
Quote from: "LastingDawn"Berserker, Barret, Olan, and Bolmna not enough for you?

I didn't know Barret was in. Really? You guys aren't screwing with me? I love Barret  :D.

Zozma

March 09, 2009, 07:57:17 pm #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
Barret will be summoned instead of Cloud, as a result in the scene where cloud was to rescue Aeris, Barret will save her, however he will tell her to stick around (allowing you to recruit both of them at once)

Skip Sandwich

March 09, 2009, 09:13:50 pm #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
What is Barret's skill set looking like right now? I'm curious to know how you're handleing his gun arm.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Zozma

March 09, 2009, 09:32:47 pm #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
because i have a large set of available characters barret and aeris both have 4 skills (instead of like 8 like cloud had.

Big Shot - [Gun ranged attack]
Hammerblow
Satellite Beam
Angermax

Smitson

March 09, 2009, 11:24:05 pm #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
Zozma I may be the first man to tell you this, but I love you.

Zozma

March 10, 2009, 12:19:04 am #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
haha, well barret was probably my favorite ff character, i couldn't leave him out right? plus i threw in FFT aeriS as a bonus

Shodain

April 22, 2009, 09:26:34 pm #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Shodain
After having read through a bit of the posts concerning your project, I myself have come under some conclusions about the story.  Please, take these as my opinions and suggestions rather than hard-grained orders.  Personally, I already consider you and every other FFHacktic responsible for the patches and mods for FFT and FFT:WotL worthwhile, so I would be very concerned to find that I had bothered any one of you all.

Now.

It was mentioned that there was a certain issue in having Algus die, that this portion in the plot could not possibly live up to the original's climatic loss for Delita, Teta's death at the very one you would now renew.  A good way to give those veterans and even perhaps new players a good feel for Algus would be to include him from the start or provide background history in which the Saldalfas family was most alike the Beoulve and Orlandu's family: Nobility exists because there are people.  Rather, Algus' father or grandfather could have been a prominent figurehead in relations and a proud equality advocate despite his own noble lineage.  This has similarities in our own previous eras, that a despot would rise and realize the faults in the system.

Algus himself could have been a student to these ways and always felt the need to remind Ramza or anyone else that even a peasant is a person.  As there are near-doppelganger qualities separating your Remix and the Original, you could even have Ramza as an Anti-Heroic figure by the first three chapters, the character who ignored his own friend's words.

Delita, born a commoner, could have been influenced by Algus, and to see a budding savior for the people killed by a corrupt family could still separate Delita from Ramza and put him on a quest to right the wrongs set forth by the selfish natures of the nobility.

Thus, this thought is levied: While blood runs thicker than blood, it runs as easily as it is freed.  To lose a hero, a mentor, or even a friend is tantamount to losing a sister.

Why would Delita even attend the academy if it were not for the Beoulve?  Delita and Teta could be bastard twins, and to cover up some dishonor, they would be allowed into the academy.  The Saldalfas could even pay.

There's many ways to go about it.

If there's anything I can do to possibly help, then I would be happy to oblige, and lastly, I hope all goes well.

~Sho

.edit//
Oh, well, darn.  I missed the Story Discussion thread.  I apologize.  I will go there to read over things further.  ^^;

Zozma

April 23, 2009, 12:05:01 am #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
I am aware that the dramatic force driving delita in later chapters hase been weakened somewhat. at the point right now it would be difficult to let algus spend any more time with ramza and delita allowing them to develope. But if you read the story discussion you may see that its become more about the corruption of the nobles and the influence it has on people like Vicks or Algus and the like then it does about teta's death being the last straw.

LastingDawn

April 23, 2009, 12:25:05 am #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Precisely, Vicks is an absolute foil for Chapter 1 Ramza and Delita. He has a far arranged history with both of these main characters. He is petty, conniving, lecherous, jealous, and delusional, along with many more poor traits which make him a villian. By the time Chapter 1 starts, he's rather off the deep end. With the Gariland attack revealed to be his plan. We do hope we can make him a good example of the "noble's" corruption. Not to mention the most "noble" acting character in the game will probably be the misunderstood Golagros.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zozma

April 23, 2009, 03:08:52 am #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
speaking of that, i gotta make his knight sprite have a special hairdo to slightly match his portrait more... should be an easy head change tho

Poco Loco

April 25, 2009, 04:32:57 am #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Poco Loco
I think a good idea is to have more characters (above the limit of 16) I know yea its a bit off topic to what everybody was just talking about but hey I think thats a good Idea

I also think there should be newer job classes, newer weapons, armor etc. as well as (this might be a bit out there) but seeing as how you send 3 of your soldiers to do special missions (at the bars and stuff) it would be cool to add certain non-story related battles using only those 3 characters (sometimes maybe even have special guests in your party and things like that) and win certain special and rare items in doing so

just throwing it out there guys tell me what you all think
"I'm Dr. Rockzo The Rock & Roll Clown... I Do Cocaine" LMAO

Zozma

April 25, 2009, 05:00:52 am #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
one thing i do plan on is spreading out weapons. shops will only sell up to the 4th level of gear, the rest can only be stolen or found/won. every 10 levels the enemies are, there will be new types available to the enemy, however for shops youll only ever be able to get basics. this will help make everything else more rare. on top of that bags and cloths are gone to add some other rare weapons.

also, i am hoping that there will be some sort of ASM hack in the future for allowing 20 units instead of just 16, but for now were stuck and you have to make some tough choices.

and, the calculator class has been replaced with blue mages and mimes are not available to the player. enemies have been given some new jobs, sniper, jester, etc..

Poco Loco

April 25, 2009, 04:04:41 pm #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Poco Loco
yea that sounds good, I like that Jester idea, when, or if you guys figure it out hopefully 24 would be a better choice (maybe more who knows)

other then that, I recommend (and this is a hard one, bu it would still be nice) to enable joint attacks (like 2 members doing a special together) like they each have a special starting and finishing move when doing a combo, I personally think that would be FIRE! lol

Zozma

April 25, 2009, 04:42:04 pm #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
well the combos would be sweet but i doubt it will be possible for any patch anytime soon. nothing has been done like that at all.

24 would be ideal for character roster, however according to razele, 20 is probably the most they will be able to extend it to in the future, and thats only turning the 4 guest slots into normal slots, which is sstill buggy

Poco Loco

April 25, 2009, 04:50:40 pm #55 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Poco Loco
oooo ok ok I got you

well heres to the future then :D

Zozma

April 25, 2009, 05:11:00 pm #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
combo's really would be sweet, especially since ive made the lesser used elements more available as well, earth, water, wind

Poco Loco

April 25, 2009, 05:45:32 pm #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Poco Loco
oh wow thats hot bro

I cant wait to see them :)

on a side note, I recommend changing oracles a bit, like they use the other elements like water, earth, wind, etc like you said (them or just touch up geos a bit)

Zozma

April 25, 2009, 07:08:33 pm #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
oracle spells are simply much more accurate and low ct

Poco Loco

April 25, 2009, 07:13:17 pm #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Poco Loco
hmm yea I see

regardless its a good idea

I like how you think buddy ;)