• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[Sprite] Cletian, The Sorcerer

Started by R999, June 28, 2010, 05:24:39 am

R999

Young Sorcerer Cletian Proto R8, R7

R8 has green eyes and better colorization of the coat. Head/neck extension and improved hair definition, angle.

Young Sorcerer Cletian Proto R3, R2

3rd Attempt at hair. This is one of my favorites. Some people might like R2 more, but for me I prefer the longer hair magicians. R2's hair in contrast is trimmed and almost spikey.

Young Sorcerer Cletian Proto R1

3 AM in the morning zZzz. Yes I am aware that the Robe is kind of messed up right now; robe shading / coloring will be changed. Hair will be altered. I hated his original hair, which didn't really respect his portrait. He's suppose to be this awesome Sorcerer... he should at least look like a magician I think. Although I do feel that I messed with his hair a bit too much, heh.

R999

R7 and R8 updates (see first post). The neck extension trick seemed to have worked well. This sprite can be completed within relatively fast, probably within 2 hours or so.

LastingDawn

If you're going for a young look, I think R2 looks the best for that.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Smash

R8.

Even though the eyes are unnesesary and won't be noticed.

I'll take on the portrait. It'll be just a few edits tho.

R999

@Lasting_Dawn: Maybe the headings were misleading heh.... by "Young Sorcerer" I was referring to how he was able to attain the Sorcerer ranking at a young age. He's suppose to be 23-24, so I suppose he's young but not that young. Anyhow R2 looks like a spkiey Monk I am leaning towards the later ones (R7 and R8).

@Smash: You are right, that eye color's visibility will depend on the color settings on your screen as well (for example, I couldn't really see the green from my iPhone's display). Goodluck on the portrait.

Smash

Young Kletian with robe and long hair. A or B

A: Lower eyebrow, changes mood to a more focused one instead of carefree.
B: Same expresion.

Lijj

Smash good to see you here. A! much cooler expression but can you afford one more hair shade in between the darkest shadow and the  reddish brown?
  • Modding version: PSX

R999

Looks outstanding Smash. Although there seems to be a very sharp cut off near where his neck ends (towards the black).

The hair in the sprite is actually not quite the same... I am not sure if I should change the portrait or the sprite. Oh this goes without saying, but he really looks better than the original.

Smash

Well, I took random chunks of the original's hair and placed them on mine to speed up the process.. Not new unless you count edited.

And here

LastingDawn

Hmm, is it possible for him to hold his head up a little higher. Here he looks more like an unsure youth, rather than a stuck up man, so secure in himself that he can raise his head in pride. That's what I partially loved about his original portrait.

Art of War

Zozma

Quote from: "LastingDawn"Hmm, is it possible for him to hold his head up a little higher. Here he looks more like an unsure youth, rather than a stuck up man, so secure in himself that he can raise his head in pride. That's what I partially loved about his original portrait.

perhaps at that time he wasn't so arrogant?

i like the hair on R1 its great, the eyes do not need to be green for the sprite since his eyes are brown anyway...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

LastingDawn

Quote from: "Zozma"
Quote from: "LastingDawn"Hmm, is it possible for him to hold his head up a little higher. Here he looks more like an unsure youth, rather than a stuck up man, so secure in himself that he can raise his head in pride. That's what I partially loved about his original portrait.

Oh, he is, his story already makes him out to be such, he graduated with top marks from Gariland Academy and for IA, he is going to the tournament to prove he's better than Elidibs.

Art of War

Zozma

Quote from: "LastingDawn"
Quote from: "Zozma"

Oh, he is, his story already makes him out to be such, he graduated with top marks from Gariland Academy and for IA, he is going to the tournament to prove he's better than Elidibs.

in that case he needs to look even more arrogant than his older portrait lol...
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kagebunji

Sprite looks fantastic, but doesn't look like Cletian much, in my opinion :/

LastingDawn

As said in chat, I'll recant why I think this fits Kletian extremely well. It's a large fitting robe, it shows that he is wearing robes "too big for him", it is symbolic of his arrogance. Though to complete this, I think he should have the robe colors changed to Elidibs to further accentuate this.

Art of War

R999

The green is just to add a small color flavor to his overall colorless appearance. Using Elidibus's purple and black could work, but wouldn't that make him more of an "imitator"? The main reason for choosing grey and white was because that's also the color for his Shrine Knight robe.

I can see that some people would like the R1 hair, honestly it's really just too funky for a FFT hair. If there are no other comments then I'll proceed to finish off the sprite.

Kagebunji

Oh, hair from proto R8 or R7, btw. R1 looks...strange :/